Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Absolutely, Tesla has been saying directly, "Follow us". VW is agreeing with them it seemed to me.

“Follow us” not equaling “Be us,” but rather closer to “Do what we’ve shown you.” Sounds similar but important distinction that most of us Tesla investors understand but everyone else doesn’t.

A page from a book is but a page.

In general the greens in Europe has one major goal and that is to stop nuclear power. Damn the consequences. Cars in general is considered bad including EVs. Even though EVs are less bad they are still bad so the goal is to get rid of all cars, not give benefits that makes people buy more.

I see any green influence in Europe as generally bad for EVs.
Your views of the European greens are out of date.
For example, the greens have been running the the German state of Baden-Württemberg, a major industrial state, since 2011 and have now won two elections since then. People have been generally quite happy not only with their environmental policies but also with their economic policies.
And their anti-nuclear attitudes have mellowed a lot. There are significant factions within greens that prefer nuclear to coal at least.

“Follow us” not equaling “Be us,” but rather closer to “Do what we’ve shown you.” Sounds similar but important distinction that most of us Tesla investors understand but everyone else doesn’t.

A page from a book is but a page.

They spent time discussing how access to charging is difficult for apartment dwellers and how that can be improved. The one thing that jumped out at me was the mobile robotic charger. I could see that if you have a parking garage, the EV charging solution is often to have dedicated stalls for charging with the associated problem -blocking, charger failure, moving vehicles etc.

Their robotic thing was mobile so it could find your car and then charge it automatically. The garage could have a few of these and charge cars at almost any spot via an app. The mobile thing uses a battery which is a bit lame but the idea helps solve the dedicated spot problem. It is not as cool as the snake but the concept is a step in the right direction.

Your views of the European greens are out of date.
For example, the greens have been running the the German state of Baden-Württemberg, a major industrial state, since 2011 and have now won two elections since then. People have been generally quite happy not only with their environmental policies but also with their economic policies.
And their anti-nuclear attitudes have mellowed a lot. There are significant factions within greens that prefer nuclear to coal at least.
And I would argue that regardless of past or even present permutations of "greenness", the Greens are Germans and likely to take the logical next step since it checks both the environmental and economical boxes. Massive storage buildout is what's needed after two decades of renewables stressing the grid in Germany. Perhaps not as standalone projects, but certainly to accompany any new utility scale installs.

Wouldn't be surprised to see distributed storage incentive as well. And maybe even some market changes in the way distributed energy producers are compensated. They've gone from feed-in-tariffs to today's standard auction scheme, now they're probably looking to implement something more circular and permanent.

Every single facet of which is right in the wheelhouse of Tesla Energy. ☀️☀️🌬️🌬️🔋🔋🔋

• Helpful
Reactions: Artful Dodger
New 8K from Tesla 😂

tsla-8k_20210315.htm

"Effective as of March 15, 2021, the titles of Elon Musk and Zach Kirkhorn have changed to Technoking of Tesla and Master of Coin, respectively. Elon and Zach will also maintain their respective positions as Chief Executive Officer and Chief Financial Office"

What a headache for poor VW. Just when they've figured out how to copy Tesla's EV designs (except less efficient), Tesla's battery roadmap (except one-tenth the scale), and found a synonym for Battery Day (Power Day)... Tesla pulls this sheisse.

"Mein Gott, do we have to get whimsical? How the hell can our CEO get a popstar girlfriend? What music should he tweet?"

"How on Earth will we make our brand cool, sick (is that the ficken word?), and desirable to all the EV-loving, innovation-admiring, meme-tweeting, ad-despising, media-savy young arschlochs who don't know how a CEO should act? Verdammt! Quick, hire more marketing consultants!"

In the Epic Battle of the Titans for world auto domination, Tesla has -- without warning -- opened a new front in the conflict: the Whimsey War.

Edit: I guess Tesla's whimsey isn't new: fart mode, Spaceballs allusions, and Spinal Tap volume controls have come before. But this SEC filing turns it up to 11.

Last edited:
Their robotic thing was mobile so it could find your car and then charge it automatically. The garage could have a few of these and charge cars at almost any spot via an app. The mobile thing uses a battery which is a bit lame but the idea helps solve the dedicated spot problem. It is not as cool as the snake but the concept is a step in the right direction.
I've never understood the charging debate.

I simply plug my Tesla into a standard plug outlet in my garage. I get 18km per hour which overnight is plenty

No need for chargers or anything...

Although yes, the community of residents, or the law of the country or city would have to let electric car owners plug in whenever and wherever they like

I simply plug my Tesla into a standard plug outlet in my garage. I get 18km per hour which overnight is plenty

Although yes, the community of residents, or the law of the country or city would have to let electric car owners plug in whenever and wherever they like

A transition of this scale comes with problems that must be solved, but the tricky part is deciding which of those actually need to be solved right now. And the opponents of the transition sow the confusion by making everyone believe there are significant obstacles and engineering challenges. So time is wasted on such things which aren’t relevant in the here and now. There’s a reason you haven’t heard much about Tesla’s snake charger.

Any EV company intending on selling EVs for the next several years simply needs to ensure that they have enough batteries to make their cars, and secondarily, that their EVs can go anywhere and have access to decent fast charging infrastructure. Everything else is basically a distraction for engineers right now and fodder for the marketing department.

I want to know who The Hand of the king is. That’s the influencer. Of course, when all is said and done it’s The Mother of dragons who has all the power.
Hmm.. Let’s fill out the council.

Master of Ships: Gwynne Shotwell
Master of Laws: Alan Prescott
Grand Maester: Andrew Karpathy
Queen Mother: Maye Musk
Master of Whisperers: ????

the states used a different power grid than the majority of the rest of the world. Our standard outlet is about half the voltage of those in the EU and thus plugged into one we get about 4miles an hour, or less than half of what you do. It’s possible long term, but not really feasible if you drive every day or more than like 30 miles in a day.

Only 13% of Europeans and about 18% of Americans live in single family homes. And even then, many don't have a garage in which to plug. So your experience does not represent the vast majority of people. No doubt we agree that it'd be great if apartment complexes and communities suddenly provided outlets at all of their parking spaces, but that is also not reality at the moment (and won't become reality until landlords are figuratively *forced at gunpoint* to do so)
Those are the percentage that don't live in single family homes. I would argue that apartments adding outlets or cities running public charging off existing lighting infrastructure is really not all that tough.

Dunkirk....now that was tough. Flyers down 0-3 to the Bruins in 2010....that was tough. A few outlets?

Master of Whisperers: ????
Kimbal, obviously.

Kimbal_Musk_-chayce_lanphear.jpg

Cheers!

In general the greens in Europe has one major goal and that is to stop nuclear power. Damn the consequences. Cars in general is considered bad including EVs. Even though EVs are less bad they are still bad so the goal is to get rid of all cars, not give benefits that makes people buy more.

I see any green influence in Europe as generally bad for EVs.
I don't think you really understand the program of the green parties in Europe

the states used a different power grid than the majority of the rest of the world. Our standard outlet is about half the voltage of those in the EU and thus plugged into one we get about 4miles an hour, or less than half of what you do. It’s possible long term, but not really feasible if you drive every day or more than like 30 miles in a day.

True - 4miles/7km per hour would be annoying

But yes at the same time, requiring parking spaces in apartment buildings to have a standard plug outlet should not be expensive at all...

Only 13% of Europeans and about 18% of Americans live in single family homes.

I've not checked EU numbers, but your US numbers I think isn't correct?

That US census data on housing, specifically % of housing in each state that is 1-family detached housing.

48 out of 50 states are in the 41.9% to 73% range for single family detached housing.

37 out of 50 states are 59.7% or higher

And #49 is at 41.8% (NY state)

Which suggests the majority of households overall live in single family detached.

If you allow for single family ATTACHED to be lumped in that bumps your #s another 5-10% on average.

Obviously even with a majority living in homes in the US you still have a large # who don't, and eventually that needs to be solved to various degrees as EVs go from single-digit marketshares to taking over the market entirely long term.

Works in the EU. Doesn't work in countries where the standard plug is only 120V @ 15 amps (4 to 6 km per hour) unless the car's usage is very low.