Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How different is it from Margin, in terms of margin requirements?

With Schwab.....I moved shares to a new account. The PAL is attached to that account. They allow withdrawal of up to 60% of the value of the shares. My Schwab margin rate is 3.5% and the PAL is 2.25%. So a small rate difference, but those shares I had intended to lock up anyway are in a dedicated account, away from my prying eyes. LOL

Reuters - 1.5 hours ago: Park GM van outside pending recall

Excerpt:

The U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration said owners of about 10,000 new General Motors vans should park outside because of fire risks pending recall repairs.

The Detroit automaker on Wednesday recalled 10,154 2021 model year Chevrolet Express and GMC Savana vehicles with 6.6L gas engines after reports of four engine fires tied to a short circuit issue...

Just making sure you are aware of Pledged Asset Line? Would prevent you needing to YOLO for cash to pay tax.
Sure, but I don’t want to lock away shares. I’d rather sell longer-term CCs to cover it and roll the dice (or the calls). Maybe I’d use it instead of a mortgage if I buy another property, but I’ll figure out taxes without it - margin will probably be enough.

The asset-backed line of credit is a great tool, though. If I could use it with my IRA shares, that’d be wonderful.

Reactions: mejojo
Reuters - 1.5 hours ago: Park GM van outside pending recall

Excerpt:

The U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration said owners of about 10,000 new General Motors vans should park outside because of fire risks pending recall repairs.

The Detroit automaker on Wednesday recalled 10,154 2021 model year Chevrolet Express and GMC Savana vehicles with 6.6L gas engines after reports of four engine fires tied to a short circuit issue...

Wow, this actually made the news? My first reaction reading the headline: GM makes an electric van?

The City of San Bernardino revealed on their Facebook page Tesla has recently leased a massive 320,000 square foot warehouse.

Without detailing what exactly Tesla will use the site for, the city welcomed the automaker as a “community and business partner,” saying the opening will bring “business and job opportunities” to the local economy.

Let the speculation begin!

The City of San Bernardino revealed on their Facebook page Tesla has recently leased a massive 320,000 square foot warehouse.

Without detailing what exactly Tesla will use the site for, the city welcomed the automaker as a “community and business partner,” saying the opening will bring “business and job opportunities” to the local economy.

If it is to hold Tesla's hopes and dreams for the future ...

...they're gonna need a bigger warehouse. :cool:

Perhaps SpaceX is going to subcontract Tesla to make earthstations. They are going to need a LOT of them. San Bernadino is about 75 miles away from SpaceX which is a nice Boring Company distance too.

As to fewer vehicles because of S and X production lul, what happened to the crew responsible for producing these vehicles. We’re they furloughed or put to good use to produce some extra 3s and Ys, if that is possible.
Yeah, ol'Gene M. omits 2 other fundamental data points:
  1. Baseline Qtrly production going fwd from 2020Q4 was 180K , not 174K. Any reductions in prod. due to factors he lists should be taken from 180K, not 174K (he conflates the Wall St Q1 Est'd with Q4 prod); and
  2. There was ZERO prod of Model Y in Shanghai in Q4; Q1 should be at least 10K (1K/wk)
Taken together, that's +6K for the base production level, and +10K for omitted GF3 Model Y prod. That's +16K total, so ol'Gene has lowballed his est'd by that amount. He should have guessed 176K (or 2K MOAR than the Wall St consensus). :p

Cheers!

Fighting crime.