Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The interesting part of that story is the “Family Office” investing structure. Very little transparency even for the banks.
To be fair, zero transparency, not little. The only people who know are the people who run the family office, and only a small number of those. Even most beneficiaries of family office structures often do not know. This is the odd result of the Trust Company structure used for the last 120 years or so in the US. Similar, but not identical, structures have endured for near-millennia in Japan, Germany, Italy and elsewhere.

This has dramatic effect only when they change investment strategies. Right now many are heading towards renewables, including Tesla. FWIW, there are technicalities that often permit non-disclosure when nearly everyone else must disclose.

The best ones are names little known. Historically that was how, for example, the Rockefeller clan controlled Chase Manhattan Bank, Citibank as well as The Seven Sisters. Somehow the various anti-Trust laws really only worked to disperse legal structures.

Now people like Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk are coping with these issues. Never, ever, confuse wealth with income.

As TSLA investors many of us need to begin to better understand these intricacies.
We then begin to understand why Texas or Florida domicile is nit a political choice but is an economic one. Obviously company domicile, especially Trusts like Family Offices need slightly different domicile.

I'm fine with us going up after the ER rather than before and then seeing it flat or drop.

That ship has sailed for sure. When I was there 10 years ago working it wasn't great. (sure, not DC/LA bad)

Eh seems like we're just going to trade a sell off before earnings.

Pretty unthinkable when the numbers came out on Friday but they've successfully pushed the stock back below it's 100 day moving average, and are close to putting the stock back in it's long term downtrend. With just a little bit of help from macro's selling off tomorrow and Friday, they'll get this back down to low 600's. Pretty much no once can convince me otherwise at this point that it didn't matter what the P/D numbers were, the stock action for the next couple of weeks has already been planned out. The P/D numbers didn't fall into their direction for the stock so they just pretty much ignore the numbers. We've seen a couple analysts comment, but the overwhelming majority of Wall St simply ignored the numbers.

While I hate bringing up his name here, I'm getting quite a bit of enjoyment reading Gary Black's daily twitter attempt to explain why Tesla doesn't do what he said he thought it would do the day before. Rinse and repeat every day this week haha. It's like, Gary come on......just own up to the fact that you know and we know Wall St is a rigged game. The stock is going to do what the big boys want it to do.

You could rightfully put another spin on those forum comments. Many de lays posted from 1 or 2 day old accts. What are the chances of these being sock puppets? Better than the chance of them containing accurrate, relevant information, I'd say.

Because I orders a $120K kar, thens joins forum... NOT.

Cheers!

Definitely getting some astroturfing vibes from some of the posters there.

Screw it. My friend texted me that his March Model S delivery was pushed back to July. Story now on mainstream. So I quickly sold 150 covered calls for next Friday, 800 strike before the SP drops anymore. At least earn a little free money while I wait for sanity to return to the market. Could have made a lot more going another week out, but didn't want a higher chance of needing to roll them.

Last edited:
I haven't looked at Google Trends for some time. Here are some Tesla search terms:

View attachment 651671
Worldwide the surprise is how strong Model 3 is. Another surprise is the weakness of the Model Y considering it is supposed to be more desirable than the Model 3. Part of that is due to Model Y being not available in many territories, but not all.

Iran stands out for having lots of Model S and Model X searches - not sure why.
This one is a bit unusual. Iran has a pretty good sized population of young wealthy people. They are also the major audience for internet use. There are an active population of car enthusiasts among them, obvious only to those of us who’ve been there recently. There is also a Grey Market fir Tesla, Mostly Model S.

At the moment the bulk of high-end cars there are in Tehran, and are primarily Italian and German. Among the weathly but discreet they are great fans of PSA products and have been for decades.

FWIW, I drove from Paris to Tehran together with the owner of a new Peugeot 504, so the date can be confirmed.

Screw it. My friend texted me that his March Model S delivery was pushed back to July. Story now on mainstream. So I quickly sold 150 covered calls for next Friday, 800 strike before the SP drops anymore. At least earn a little free money while I wait for sanity to return to the market. Could have made a lot more going another week out, but didn't want a high chance of needing to roll them.
I’m not sure what to think, but there is a rumor of impending refreshed S/X deliveries->

I’m not sure what to think, but there is a rumor of impending refreshed S/X deliveries->

I don't know either, but my friend texted me pictures of his order screen, and his US delivery has been pushed back to July. We know that this means nothing for Tesla, but the media will spin this until it gets talked about on the earnings call, so I don't think we get over 800 for at least 2-3 weeks (depending on earnings date).

Eh seems like we're just going to trade a sell off before earnings.

Pretty unthinkable when the numbers came out on Friday but they've successfully pushed the stock back below it's 100 day moving average, and are close to putting the stock back in it's long term downtrend. With just a little bit of help from macro's selling off tomorrow and Friday, they'll get this back down to low 600's. Pretty much no once can convince me otherwise at this point that it didn't matter what the P/D numbers were, the stock action for the next couple of weeks has already been planned out. The P/D numbers didn't fall into their direction for the stock so they just pretty much ignore the numbers. We've seen a couple analysts comment, but the overwhelming majority of Wall St simply ignored the numbers.

While I hate bringing up his name here, I'm getting quite a bit of enjoyment reading Gary Black's daily twitter attempt to explain why Tesla doesn't do what he said he thought it would do the day before. Rinse and repeat every day this week haha. It's like, Gary come on......just own up to the fact that you know and we know Wall St is a rigged game. The stock is going to do what the big boys want it to do.
Nio is down 6% today as a point of comparison to keep things in context.

Reactions: ThisStockGood
Lol I was only half joking that we'd give back all of the 4.5% gain 🥴

Are we even going to get support to keep the stock at 685 for max pain at this point? Based on options, we should be getting pinned between 685 and 690.
My gut feeling, which used to be terrible but is improving, is that we don't go much above 700 until the lead up for earnings, or the release of some major new news (EV tax credit passed, Toyota rumor confirmed, etc).

Reactions: GOVA
Whenever Tesla is done preparing deliveries for S and X, they will be delivered. Sure, these will be high margin products, once they ramp. Tesla really needs to make sure their flagship product comes with good quality.

German Tesla order page still says end of 2021 delivery for Plaid+, November 2021 for the other Model Ss.

A few weeks more or less until delivery do not decide the war.

This should not be a reason for the current drop in share price.

I'm fine with us going up after the ER rather than before and then seeing it flat or drop.

That ship has sailed for sure. When I was there 10 years ago working it wasn't great. (sure, not DC/LA bad)

The big problem for me is that it usually means we're going to be flat/dropping before ER, and flat/dropping after ER.

I can barely remember going up after ER short term.

Just wish I had more time on my June 800 calls. I feel like they're going to expire worthless.

Reactions: Nocturnal
Lol I was only half joking that we'd give back all of the 4.5% gain 🥴

Are we even going to get support to keep the stock at 685 for max pain at this point? Based on options, we should be getting pinned between 685 and 690.
Close to Maxpain is only the main task on Friday close. The manipulation of the stock the rest of the time is to sell worthless calls and puts to those that think the stock isn't going to be manipulated to maxpain on friday close. and either shake out or invite in "investors" with weak commitment for fleecing.

Reactions: AZRI11