Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TSLA dropping further on COIN-based doldrums. Probably gonna be some great call and/or share buying opportunities this afternoon. I feel like the MM algo simply senses volume drop offs and targets the lower pile of near term calls @ $750. Most would logically say they're gonna have a hard enough time holding $800 this week.

Could probably target 4/23 or 4/30 expirations on this dip and get a decent deal. Not advice.

Of course, I am watching the show as we head to 4/26/21, but
problem gif.gif

Reactions: Christine69420

The data showed Model 3 sales in March reached 25,327, an 85% increase over the prior month. This high sales volume allowed Tesla to achieve another milestone: Model 3 became China's best-selling midsize sedan of all new vehicles registered in the world's largest automotive market.

Screen Shot 2021-04-14 at 10.56.08 AM.png

Definitely sold on the series, aka Oxford or serial, comma. To wit, this gem from a hit piece in today’s New York Times:

"Welcome to the Silver State, where Elon Musk, a cryptocurrency tycoon and a brothel owner are using a symbol of Americana as a social media recruiting tool."

Most Tesla hit pieces have more meat on the bone, at least a few scraps of real meat. The wild Mustangs have become a management nightmare for the DNR who is in charge of managing the size of the herds to keep them sustainable. If they don't cull the herds, they over-populate and starve to death. They constantly have to be relocated. Even with birth control measures and special programs to get the surplus horses in private hands they need to feed the remaining horses in the winter to prevent starvation. All their medical care comes from tax dollars and they fund special breeding programs to try to keep the herd strong. These herds are far from being a natural part of the ecosystem. They were introduced by humans originally. They are "wild" only in the sense they are not tame. Would we be as sympathetic to large packs of "wild" dogs?

That's one of the most "creative" hit pieces I've seen. I guess real horse lovers should avoid Tesla and buy a Mustang Mach-e instead. No real mustangs were exploited in the production of a Mach-e. Well, maybe a few Mexican Mustangs, but no "real" American Mustangs. :rolleyes:

If the DNR had their way, they would sell the excess off as horsemeat but activists prevent them from doing that. So, instead, they are sold off for a few hundred dollars apiece as large pets.

Last edited:
Is it really? We talk about razor thin margins legacy deals with. 15k discount means someone is losing money. Can't give a 35% discount and call their margins razor thin if they are still making money.

Don't make the mistake of thinking that means the Bolt doesn't have thin margins. They sell them for as much as they can get, it doesn't mean every sale is profitable. Market conditions change, it's not that uncommon for manufacturers and/or dealers to dump cars at a loss just to get rid of them.

Reactions: MikeC and capster

The data showed Model 3 sales in March reached 25,327, an 85% increase over the prior month. This high sales volume allowed Tesla to achieve another milestone: Model 3 became China's best-selling midsize sedan of all new vehicles registered in the world's largest automotive market.

View attachment 653756
Yeah...but good ole genius Gordo says "Tesla picked the low-hanging fruit of entering the world's largest three auto markets - US, China, Europe - and their sales grew just 2% quarter-over-quarter...' blah blah blah

Any money invested in any of those things is money not invested in TSLA. I don't get it.
Confession:
My hard core skepticism to BTC softened after Tesla bought into it because I decided to take a closer look.

Conclusions:
BTC will never be a currency. Period. End of story. It's just a "store of value", similar to gold.
Once you digest this and ignore the pie-in-the-sky nutcases who believe digital currencies will completely replace fiat currencies issued by governments, the blue smoke and mirrors go away. There is some clarity.

Bottom Line:
I can actually see BTC tripling by 2025 or so and continuing to ascend after that. More major institutions will follow Tesla. The thing is, unless something weird happens, TSLA should do even better in that time frame with much less downside risk. The map for TSLA is clear. (1) The 4680 battery ramp will violently turn the ground-transportation world upside down. (2) If FSD achieves true autonomy in a couple of years, take #1 and multiply x 10. (3) Beyond 2025, energy storage margins and profits will go next-level. (4) Finally at some point, AI + software dwarf everything else.

EDIT: I believe energy storage profits will begin ramping before 2025 but they won't be comparable to auto profits until after.

Last edited:
Confession:
My hard core skepticism to BTC softened after Tesla bought into it because I decided to take a closer look.

Conclusions:
BTC will never be a currency. Period. End of story. It's just a "store of value", similar to gold.
Once you digest this and ignore the pie-in-the-sky nutcases who believe digital currencies will completely replace fiat currencies issued by governments, the blue smoke and mirrors go away. There is some clarity.

Bottom Line:
I can actually see BTC tripling by 2025 or so and continuing to ascend after that. More major institutions will follow Tesla. The thing is, unless something weird happens, TSLA should do even better in that time frame with much less downside risk. The map for TSLA is clear. (1) The 4680 battery ramp will violently turn the ground-transportation world upside down. (2) If FSD achieves true autonomy in a couple of years, take #1 and multiply x 10. (3) Beyond 2025, battery storage margins and profits will go next-level. (4) Finally at some point, AI + software dwarf everything else.
There are plenty of other crypto that could serve very well instead of fiat, some have 3rd-gen blockchain, others are "stable-coins", i.e. not supposed to change in value too much, so I wouldn't say the concept is dead, it's just not evolved enough yet

I don't know much myself, but started to self-educate when I bought some $DOGE for shts and giggles

There are plenty of other crypto that could serve very well instead of fiat, some have 3rd-gen blockchain, others are "stable-coins", i.e. not supposed to change in value too much, so I wouldn't say the concept is dead, it's just not evolved enough yet

I don't know much myself, but started to self-educate when I bought some $DOGE for shts and giggles
I was only speaking of BTC. In due time, next-gen blockchain options could emerge and actually be useful for society at large.

Once again, EV stocks down the crapper, no doubt the pre-market dump was the MM's, but otherwise they've been given a huge macro assist today - what about the poor $XPEV crowd, their new car revealed, looks OK, the result = -7.6%

View attachment 653758
Can’t say I really care if XPEV tanks. They stole Tesla autopilot data, so they’re dead to me. I am rooting for NIO though, although I don’t own the stock (I’m 100% TSLA 🤪)