Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MarketWatch - today: Electric cars are about environmental justice for Black and Hispanic Americans

Excerpt:

Evidence shows that many Americans are eager to transition to EVs and participate in a clean energy economy. In a recent nationally representative consumer survey, 71% of drivers surveyed said they were interested in getting an electric car. But 48% said that lack of access to public charging infrastructure was holding them back, and 43% cited vehicle cost as a disincentive.

My research focuses on ways to make cities more sustainable, healthy and equitable places to live. In my view, making EVs and charging infrastructure accessible to all drivers is crucial for achieving clean transportation and energy justice.
People of color bear disproportionate harms from fossil fuels. For example, Black people in the U.S. are more likely than white people to live near oil refineries and petrochemical plants.

People who live in these neighborhoods experience higher levels of exposure to toxic emissions such as benzene, mercury and sulfuric acid than those who don’t live near these industries. They also have higher rates of heart disease, cancer and asthma.

Do tell -- I missed some stuff recently. Share a link?

Sorry if it was misleading. Meant there was speculation(nothing concrete) here as well, that the possibility for delay was due to FSD 9.0, no radar, pure vision. Prior to that it was it about the front, rear frames, 4680 cells etc. So I don't think the twitter posts are any thing different than what have been speculated here as well.
cheers!!

We will know in a weeks time.
(+ Checked the tweet again, it does not even have the signature of ** BREAKING NEWS :) )

Last edited:
This is from Jeff’s video today. They are making more front Y castings in the rain. I’d love to stick one of those apple trackers on and see where they go.View attachment 665797
Trying to think of another auto company that would be making stuff out of a unfinished factory.....I got nothing.
Move fast and break stuff....I love it!

Maybe there will be a "One more thing" at this event related to the Roadster:

- Musk recently stated a 0-60 time for the SpaceX package and teased design updates - seems like they're getting close to production
- Plaid+ (rumored to be a test of roadster tech) ordering is disabled. This would help differentiate S and Roadster
- Roadster was announced before Plaid+, I'm sure there's pressure to deliver
- Roadster is lower volume, will match the 4680 volume better while their battery lines ramp up

🤔🤔🤔

My body is ready
Screen Shot 2021-05-24 at 5.57.28 PM.png

The usual Twitter bulls / rumor peddlers are dropping hints that the June 3rd event will be quite the spectacle.
Every event tesla has held has had a huge build up with expectations for a rocket launch. It should just be a simple presentation of the new features no cats with lasers or other weird expectations.

....Think of it this way. How many solar installations do you think can use the power of the sun during a blackout? Very few. It requires specialized hardware to switch your house off the grid during the blackout. Why? Well, because when the power company wants to work on the power lines to fix the problem during a power outage, they can’t have solar customers backfeeding their solar production into the grid and zapping the linemen dead, right? So, electrical codes mandate safety for the power company workers and your solar panels are shut down during grid outage. Having said that, any solar customer can choose to install a power transfer switch on their equipment to allow them to use solar during an outage. Cost can range from hundreds to thousands of $ depending on your equipment and permitting. Very few solar owners do this. Cost and complexity.....
Every one having solar panels (Tesla or not) and PowerWalls. I am one of them. Our system switches near instantly to powering house directly to feeding grid to charging batteries. If there is sunlight or our PowerWalls are charged, house has juice regardless of status of grid.

Last edited:
If v11/fsd 9.0 are really a step change and massive improvements I feel like it would be unlikely Tesla would release them without an event. And they cant offer a subscription for FSD if there aren't features worth subscribing to. Not saying that I think this is happening on june 3rd. But If not June 3rd then there needs to be another event on deck IMO.

Given that there's quite a bit of speculation that the X and S are delayed in part because of this software release it makes sense to do it at the same time I guess?