Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ross got his Plaid, so deliveries ARE happening outside of the first 25:

Hopefully that lot mostly clears up by end of quarter!

Don't Plaids have red brake calipers anymore like previous non-stealth performance models ?

Edit: Just checked the configurator, and they aren't shown there either. Wonder why ? I always thought they were a nice subtle touch & distinction from the Long Range S.

Last edited:
Elon tweet said “obvious issues”, not “major issues”.

As a software developer you prefer obvious issues as they generally have obvious fixes.
The only obvious and major issue I see is FSD Beta 9 can't pass validation...and this is from a team that have validated FSD Beta v1 which most youtubers claimed intervention free drives were near impossible.

My only hope is FSD Beta 9 couldn't pass what Elon promised (a "step change") and not some serious safety issue that they rather people be on FSD Beta 8.2 than 9.

Reactions: kbM3

#1 Tesla Model 3 — The sports sedan returned from its usual holidays (the first month of the quarter) by scoring 8,858 deliveries last month, its best off-peak performance ever in Europe, which is a promising sign for the upcoming June high tide. Regarding May, the Model 3’s main markets were Germany (2,749 units), France (2,111), and the UK (1,905), with Norway (504) following at some distance.

Strong week for Team Tesla, once again showing that fire that loyal season ticket holders have come to expect. A couple of blowout wins gives them 7 wins in last 10 and 6 in last 8. All eyes are now on the end of the month sprint and some much needed momentum as they enter the second half of the season.

Today
Score:671.87
Margin of W/L:-7.95
Attendance:31,834,674
High - Low:25.11
Season
Record:59-62
Total margin of wins:1,189.88
Total margin of losses:-1,223.68
YTD gain/loss:-33.80-4.79%
Best Win:110.58Mar 9
Worst Loss:-68.83Jan 11
Last 10:7-3
Streak:L1
Avg margin of victory:20.17
Avg margin of defeat:-19.74
Avg Attendance:27,100,285
Avg Attendance of Last 10:25,574,804
Avg High - Low:35.19
Avg H - L of Last 10:20.44

Don't Plaids have red brake calipers anymore like previous non-stealth performance models ?

Edit: Just checked the configurator, and they aren't shown there either. Wonder why ? I always thought they were a nice subtle touch & distinction from the Long Range S.

Maybe Tesla didn't want to deal with the warranty repair expense of calipers with the paint bubbled off. :oops: The Plaid is the quickest production car ever built but it doesn't have brakes with the highest thermal capacity for heat dissipation. What to do? First principles thinking says to use anodized calipers - the paint must go.

what's so special about red calipers?
A beautiful lady doesn't need a red mini-skirt ;)

Maybe Tesla didn't want to deal with the warranty repair expense of calipers with the paint bubbled off. :oops: The Plaid is the quickest production car ever built but it doesn't have brakes with the highest thermal capacity for heat dissipation. What to do? First principles thinking says to use anodized calipers - the paint must go.
Calipers looks painted gloss black to me in person.

Well, I bought and HODL'd my main account for the best part of five years, from Feb 2016, but the need to get some cash out over the next 12 months changed the dynamic, so I started trading against the shares to see if I could get the $1M I need without selling any shares. It's a long and complicated, but a good example is that when I started selling calls against my 2900 shares I had added 350, by March - then when we started to drop I allowed 1400 on 4/40 to exercise @$702.50 so I had my cash already that I needed, I re-bought enough shares at $640 to bring me back to 2000 and have been selling puts against the cash since then - May was a bit brutal as I was chasing puts down, but now I'm making all that back on the way up

More interesting is my other account where I had $3500 in September 2019, and without any further capital injection is was $1.8M at the ATH in January - that was with $200k cash taken out for my house purchase

You have to note that I'm playing it aggressively, I sell ITM/ATM calls as they bring the best premiums, but if the SP moves dramatically (as it did in May, as it has done this week), it can be a headache. Playing on both directions (selling puts and calls) means you hedge your bets and after May I've learned not to over-commit myself and now all my positions are fully covered, so I can roll them as I wish without worrying about cash-reserve (I don't have a margin account)

Example, sold ont he last two days, 22x 7/2 ccp695, raking in around $66k, will they expire worthless? Will the be ITM, ATM, OTM, DOTM?? I don't really care, because I'll roll them a week later a the same strike is typically +$9 per contract, that's another $20k cash, only risk is early exercise, but that's very rare and if it happens, so what...

You can also play it very safe. Selling weeklies 15% about the SP on a Tuesday will usually net you $0.50-$1 in premium, it's very rare the times they'll go ITM, if they do you roll them out and up

** I call these "monthlies"
CCP, is that covered calls and cash covered puts at the same strike and equal contracts on both sides?

• Helpful
Reactions: PeterJA
To save everyone else from Googling, Port Kembla is in Australia. ;)
I think this is the same ship heading to NZ as well, there were cars that popped up as “in transit“ inventory for NZ last week, which is weird to see timing wise a bunch of cars due to arrive in the first month of a quarter. Either the ship got delayed significantly (perhaps possible due to China’s current covid-lockdown related port chaos), or Tesla is starting to unwind wave deliveries a little, or as rumored demand was a little soft in China so might as well export more.