Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Saw Fast & Furious 9 today at a 4DX theater! I saw many cars blown to bits, but not one Tesla, or any electric vehicle. It's not like the movies 100% a Ford or Chevy commercial, it has a wide variety of ICE cars from many many manufacturers.

Movies like this make me realize we are continually taught by 'big money' to have this delicate, emotional bond with ICE cars. Past down from generations, father and son getting dirty fixing dad's old car. Reeving engines, burning rubber with your clutch & gas, park brake for drifting. With electric, everything is digital, out the window, an uncharted territory for action movies based on cars capabilities, performance, and limits.

How can a Ford f** Mustang compete with any performance Tesla?

-fast-and-furious-9--release-date-rescheduled-to-april-2021-2020-03-13.jpg

Much cognitive dissonance when I realize that Elon himself would likely get banned from this forum.
Yep

BUT….How many times have you ever read a tweet of his that contained 6th grade pottymouth language? For as much as he tweets from the hip, Mr Musk DOES know and somewhat respects the English language.

Is that China recal real? Anyone has more information than just it’s a recall?

ACC could be accidentally activated under some circumstances.
本次召回范围内的车辆由于主动巡航控制系统问题,易造成驾驶员在以下情形误激活主动巡航功能:当车辆处于D挡,驾驶员再次拨动右侧控制杆换挡试图切位时;在车辆急转弯,驾驶员误触碰并拨动右侧控制杆时等。主动巡航控制被误激活后,如果车辆设置的巡航速度不是当前车速,且当前车速低于设定速度时,车辆会加速到设定速度,出现车辆速度突增情形,会影响驾驶员的预期并导致车辆操控误判,极端情况下可能导致车辆发生碰撞,存在安全隐患。
“Adaptive Cruise Control “controlling system” defects could cause driver to accidentally activate ACC: car in D, driver flicks handle again to try shifting, or in tight turn, driver accidentally touching handle. When ACC is activated, and set speed is higher than current speed, the car will accelerate to set speed, car speed would increase rapidly, and negatively influence driver anticipation, lead to incorrect handling. In extreme cases could cause crash, it’s deemed a safety hazard.”

It’s not unique to Tesla, and IMO not really a defect. Basically Chinese asked Tesla to make it harder for driver to accidentally activate ACC, Tesla said sure.

Fix will be OTA, nothing burger.
Wondering how they are going to do it, maybe pull two times for ACC, and three times for Autopilot?

News doesn’t report details to try make it look like a big deal.

Last edited:
I saw this on CNN's website:

1624682742919.png

I clicked through all 50 cars to see what mean, nasty, terrible things they had to say about the Model 3. It seems like they had messed up the article because, while I clicked through all 50 cars, there were no Model 3's, Model Y's or Model S's on the list. They did badmouth the Model X but they had nothing to go with the cover photo.

I think it's just incompetence. 🤷‍♂️

So ridiculous Reuters actually posts their principles they stand for at the end of the so called news “article”.

Like, “ believe us, we have principles “ :

View attachment 677898

I clicked through all 50 cars to see what mean, terrible nasty things they has to say about the Model 3. It seems like they had messed up the article because while I clicked through all 50 cars, there were no Model 3's, Model Y's or Model S's on the list. They did badmouth the Model X but nothing to go with the cover photo.

I saw this a few months ago, and I think you’re being too kind. I mean, just in case you couldn’t recognize it as a Tesla, they literally spell it out for you with the Supercharger. I definitely see this as intentional misdirection.

“Adaptive Cruise Control “controlling system” defects could cause driver to accidentally activate ACC: car in D, driver flicks handle again to try shifting, or in tight turn, driver accidentally touching handle. When ACC is activated, and set speed is higher than current speed, the car will accelerate to set speed, car speed would increase rapidly, and negatively influence driver anticipation lead to incorrect handling. In extreme cases could cause crash, it’s deemed a safety hazard.”

It’s not unique to Tesla, and IMO not really a defect. Basically Chinese asked Tesla to make it harder for driver to accidentally activate ACC, Tesla said sure.

Wondering how they are going to do it, maybe pull two times for ACC, and three times for Autopilot?

Tesla China Apologized to users for the inconvenience, to me the whole thing feels like a PR move now, gov got to show their authority, Tesla shows they care for the users.

Elon must have been shaking his head when China team briefs him about the feature request…

Elon's down to promising next week now. Soon he'll be promising tomorrow! (Every day. For the next 10 years.)

First Singuy changed ‘obvious issues’ to ‘major issues’, now you’ve changed ‘hopefully next week’ to ‘promising next week’. English is not my mother tongue, but even I know that the difference in meaning is huge. And not inconsequential, as words have a tendency to start leading their own lives in the Tesla universe. So we need to choose them carefully.

Anyone else read this as FSD subscriptions immanent?
Maybe.
I think it has been said many times before that Elons track record re. predicting precisely when things, especially FSD/Tesla Vision releases are ready is not ... the best. His predictions are more inspirational and aspirational.
On the other hand, most of his outlandish ideas and plans over the past 30 years got done and done well, so the guy delivers.

Proper eqtique for abbreviations in written word is to always use the long form and the abbreviation in your first use and then use the abbreviation thereafter.

Something like : I went to the Service Center (SC) to do something the other day, the SC was closed so I went somewhere else.

So long as you define your abbreviation up front and use it consistently through out the rest of the post it's so much easier to understand.

If you are only going to use the term once, like a one line post saying "The IV is low today" you just shouldn't abbreviate it at all. Single use per post should be the full words not the abbreviation for anything where that abbreviation can mean more than one thing.

If you want to use TANSTAAFL in every post at least I can google that and have no doubt what you meant. Two letter and Three Letter abbreviations (TLAs) will not be that clear, unless you define them on your first use in each post.

Down with TLAs! Up with TSLA!

OK, I'm fine with not defining stock symbols, on a per post basis. Just so long as you are defining your acronyms, then we know what's left must be a stock symbol.
Thank You for that post, maybe it'll get easier to understand what people are saying

The new logistics facility opened up in GigaShanghai this week and looks to be running at full speed already.
1624703097271.png

Compared to last week when it was still closed:
1624703178610.png

Presumably this should unlock the next level of Model Y production if they can store/handle more parts.

Both Jason Yang and WuWa have their new videos out today.

Part of the issue with the recall reporting is that "recall" itself is such a dated term that implies the need to physically "bring back" the vehicle. There needs to be a new term used industry wide for fixes that will happen OTA. "Virtual recall" or "not-a-recall" both seem more accurate.

Edit: CNBC actually does a passing job of highlighting that this is not-a-recall by using quotes around "recall" and clarifying what it means at the top of the article.
Screenshot_20210626-065850~2.png

Faint praise for CNBC twice in two days. What is this world coming to?

Last edited:

I clicked through all 50 cars to see what mean, nasty, terrible things they had to say about the Model 3. It seems like they had messed up the article because, while I clicked through all 50 cars, there were no Model 3's, Model Y's or Model S's on the list. They did badmouth the Model X but they had nothing to go with the cover photo.

Now this article is what we all should be promoting. Tesla puts the S3XY in your dating life.❤️

Tesla Model S and Model 3 owners get more matches in dating platforms: study

Part of the issue with the recall reporting is that "recall" itself is such a dated term that implies the need to physically "bring back" the vehicle. There needs to be a new term used industry wide for fixes that will happen OTA. "Virtual recall" or "not-a-recall" both seem more accurate.

Edit: CNBC actually does a passing job of highlighting that this is not-a-recall by using quotes around "recall" and clarifying what it means at the top of the article.
View attachment 677944
"Tesla phone Home"

View attachment 677944
how about call it what it is ... a Software update...anyone with a smartphone or computer understands the concept
this is intentional headline FUD ... they know many will not read the key points or even try to understand .... just repeat the "fake news"
it is quite a difference between 300,000 recalled vehicles vs 300,000 SW updated vehicles... and it feeds the Tesla is doomed in China narrative

but this is the stuff that gives us long term hodlers buying opportunities