Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reuters:

"Tesla delivers record 201,250 vehicles in second quarter, beats analysts' estimates​

Tesla Inc on Friday posted a record 201,250 vehicle deliveries for the second quarter, beating Wall Street estimates, despite Chief Executive Officer Elon Musk's earlier warnings about a shortage of chips and raw materials.

Analysts had expected the electric-car maker to deliver 200,258 vehicles, according to Refinitiv data."

CNBC:

"

Tesla delivered 201,250 vehicles in the second quarter of 2021, falling short of expectations​

Tesla delivered 201,250 vehicles in the second quarter of 2021, the company reported.

The quarter’s deliveries fell short of expectations. Analysts were expecting Tesla to deliver around 207,000 cars during this period, according to estimates compiled by FactSet as of July 1."

Isn't this just lovely :)

LOL. Next stop Earnings in a few weeks.

View attachment 680642
Which one is it lol? CNBS can't even get on the same page.

Screenshot_20210702-085001-283.png

The EMT is Wilyson on redit.

”Hey OP here! I just wanted to clear the air on some things. First of all, my posts were never intended to spark controversy or bring attention to a fault with Tesla in particular. Every kind of car has its fires. While I was at the scene, I heard from some firefighters that the car was empty in front of a driveway in a secluded neighborhood, none of the residents of said neighborhood owned the car, the owner was no where to be found, and (just to be clear this was just something I heard) the caller said it was moving at the time of the call. I posted frankly because I thought the idea of a car driving around on fire with no one in it while it was amusing and I thought people on Reddit would think the same. I honestly should’ve known that it would cause controversy but I was pretty sleep deprived when I posted them. I realize a lot of my language in those posts were ambiguous at best, which definitely fueled the whole ordeal and I do regret that. I am also going to email the author of this article with the info that I have. If you’d like my PA EMT registry number lmk so I can send it to you. I’d prefer not to just put it on the internet for anyone to find.”

I know I am preaching to the choir here, but I find it extremely disingenuous how the Factset (and similar) numbers are being thrown around. Do we have any official, public source, where we can see this number? I am not aware. So instead we have Lora K. "reporting" that the Factset consensus was 207,000 while this investors.com article from yesterday says the Factset number is 196,700. So which one is it?

Last edited:
To reiterate, it is actually an advantage at this time for FUD to be prevalent while Tesla is unable to meet demand. It helps keep fence-sitters on the fence, rather than waiting in line and whining about it online.

Now, consider how, once production in Texas and Germany ramp up, the FUD itself will become, essentially, a busted growth story. 😏

My take away… Next year at this time both Berlin and Austin will both be producing and ramping, the Cybertruck will be causing non stop ruckus and finger pointing on the streets of the world, the Model 2 will have been revealed and at least one more GigaFactory will have been announced.

Oh, and next year’s Q2 production will probably be about 400K, yet another year with 100% growth.

TBH - IMHO - I don't see "range modes" as "cheating" in any way - I know german Taycan drivers driving around 130km/h i.e. 75mph frequently in the Taycan - it decouples the rear drivetrain and drives front drive only - why not.

In my P85+ I drive in rangemode all the time, there is only 1 motor so nothin else I can do. I doubt Tesla can do much to further range, that's imho why newer cars don't have rangemode anymore - why should they. (in my P85+ rangemode just limits ac imho).

So for me range modes are fine for WLTP/EPA values.
I'd LOVE to have something like a "hypermiling" mode for the times I'm trying to maximize my distance between chargers, or just want a little extra buffer before the next supercharger, something like "chill" except that lets me key in a favored maximum KW so Autopilot will drive a bit -or a lot- more gently instead of revving up the motor as soon as it comes to a little hill. More value added for just a little programming cost.

That and a way to replay a streaming music song, and to scroll forward and back while it's playing along the song timeline, like scrolling a YouTube video.

My take away… Next year at this time both Berlin and Austin will both be producing and ramping, the Cybertruck will be causing non stop ruckus and finger pointing on the streets of the world, the Model 2 will have been revealed and at least one more GigaFactory will have been announced.

Oh, and next year’s Q2 production will probably be about 400K, yet another year with 100% growth.
… unfortunately missing analyst expectations of 407,000 deliveries :(