Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a very hard time seeing this news being accurate.......unless Tesla is really downplaying the current chip situation and they expect to be completely past any chip shortages by the beginning of 2022.
There are chips to be had, just longer lead-times is what I see. I view the "chip shortage" as the excuse for anyone having sales issues (or just incompetent to be able to change processors). I'm more concerned about stupid things like airbags or something outside their control. If they don't already have a large reserve of the latest chips, I'd be surprised.

Reactions: UkNorthampton
I have no idea where the Maxpain amount could be determined to be $660. The graphs on MaxPain clearly show that the day will end somewhere between $680 and $690 if the MM's can stay on top of things.
And no, it isn't just the MM's guessing well. They tried for lower than $650 early in the week, saw they couldn't afford to keep it there so they started buying back those contracts, and now have their line in the sand easily seen between $680 and $690.
This is real strengthening by TSLA.
What does my Novice butt think when I see TSLA go up $40 in a week?
It gives us some more cushion to fall next week back to the old position which the MM's seem to enjoy making money. If for three months we keep the gains then I'll think of it as the "new" $650.

In South Korea for 1H 2021, with 11,629 cars Tesla captured 43.67 percent of market share of EV. But now Tesla just posted that they are sold out of M3 LR for the rest of the year and in fact stopped taking orders. Very strange Tesla would stop taking orders. I can't think of any good reason. Perhaps Tesla does not want to fix a price due to uncertainties in regards to 2022 battery cost?

Model Y took 9 months from unveil to start of production, so say we get a prototype late 21, that would mean production could start Q4 2022. How long is this chip shortage expected to last globally?
2 weeks :) .... i think late 21 is when it is projected to ease up....hopefully by then Tesla will have re-written code for every single type of chip available so they will have unlimited supply.

There are chips to be had, just longer lead-times is what I see. I view the "chip shortage" as the excuse for anyone having sales issues (or just incompetent to be able to change processors). I'm more concerned about stupid things like airbags or something outside their control. If they don't already have a large reserve of the latest chips, I'd be surprised.

I tend to agree. I also think the thing people and obviously Wall St do not get is the context around Elon's comments about the chip shortage.

Elon could definitely be worried about the supply chain............because he wants to hit 1 million P/D in 2021. Tesla could have things figured out to achieve 900k P/D this year and Zach's comments right after Elon's long supply issue monologue plainly says they expect to ramp in Q3/Q4. But to Elon, 900k is probably a disappointment.

So....good old Russ back at it:

1627661349341.png

TL: DR

1627661292471.png

Did someone say “sabotage?”

View attachment 689907

I expect as many will get this as got your joke.

What is no joke is this price action. Strength a day after a big gain hasn’t happened for quite a while, and it’s not because of the macros. I think 700 will finally be breached next week (or maybe even today).

This is totally different than what happened after Q1.
Hoooooooogan!

Yeah Gene is actually pretty misinformed for a Bull and it shows in his interviews a lot of the time. It's like......he knows this is going to be big.....but doesn't actually know why or how.
Gene and his team is informed enough to brand themselves as TSLA bulls. They provide insight into other things as well, so I will give them a break.

People tend to forget that the information presented on this forum is pure gold.
We have a group of very talented people focused exclusively on TSLA. This is rare and we shouldn't take this for granted.

Elon promised the biggest redistribution of wealth the market has ever seen and quite a few people on this forum will get their yachts, Gulfstreams and islands if they stay the course and stay patient.

In case anyone was wondering about how Giga China's production expansion is going.....go to 8:30 :)

Granted a bit of this is likely build up from not being able to deliver for a couple of days due to the typhoon.....BUT.....I doubt production was going strong on the couple of days the typhoon was coming through as well. So I still take this video, combined with the Model 3 SR price reduction and the introduction of SR Model Y and Tesla officially labeling Giga China as the export HUB, as another sign that Giga 3 is in the midst of a big production expansion.

Also, I wonder if certain folks here are aware that Tesla has a "Chief Accounting Officer", and that's a separate job from the one that Zach is in.

Here's the source of the Wikipedia article about Zach: (from Tesla's own "Corporate Governance" website)

Zachary Kirkhorn | Tesla Investor Relations https://ir.tesla.com › corporate › zachary-kirkhorn

Zachary Kirkhorn​

Zach is Master of Coin of Tesla and served as our Chief Financial Officer since March 2019. Previously, Zach served in various finance positions continuously since joining Tesla in March 2010, other than between August 2011 and June 2013 during which he attended business school, including most recently as Vice President, Finance, Financial Planning and Business Operations from December 2018 to March 2019. Zach holds dual B.S.E. degrees in economics and mechanical engineering and applied mechanics from the University of Pennsylvania and an M.B.A. from Harvard University.​

So Zach was a VP of Business Operations prior to being appointed CFO (not Chief Accounting Officer).

Cheers!
i was referring to manufacturing operations in this case but i am sure Business Ops was also a good for his grooming

Reactions: Artful Dodger