Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TL;DR:Denholm sold 31,250 shares at weighted average prices ranging from $703 to $726.200 in transactions that took place on Aug. 2, according to the filing from Wednesday.”

Potential pre-FUD “Chicken Little” alert: Doesn’t appear to be a particularly unusual pattern for her, but we know all too well; the M.O. of the usual suspects. Seems like she has been selling shares regularly over the last few years. About 1/3 of the way down the above link lists her stock dispositions and what look to be a few options transactions some years ago.

Last edited:
I would be very surprised if Tesla demos a humanoid robot. These are so heavy, so clunky, too impractical for getting in and out in a Model S, heck they even struggle with cars made for them.

I think they will demo an automated charger for robotaxi, that seems much more related to AI day.

OK, these are super old videos and robots have come a long way. I have to admit RoMeLA seems like in contrast to boston dynamics its been silent for decade. That may actually make what comes out on AI day even more impressive. But heres some more up to date footage of what robots can do. If tesla is getting into this business thats VERY exciting. Not just because their AI, but because they are maybe one of the only companies that could really gear up manufacturing at scale for something like this if there was a use case.

OK, these are super old videos and robots have come a long way. I have to admit RoMeLA seems like in contrast to boston dynamics its been silent for decade. That may actually make what comes out on AI day even more impressive. But heres some more up to date footage of what robots can do. If tesla is getting into this business thats VERY exciting. Not just because their AI, but because they are maybe one of the only companies that could really gear up manufacturing at scale for something like this if there was a use case.

For the record, Im hoping for a super charger attendant robot that can plug in robotaxis that come in to charge. The robot itself could use a supercharger charge itself. Cant send your tesla to drive itself cross country if theres nobody there to plug it in.

I know, its not gonna happen, but it would be cool eh?

With any left field AI day potential reveal, the questions to consider are:
Is this useful on Mars?
Is this necessary on Mars?
Will it make a shed load of money to get humans to Mars?
A utility bot that can assist automated methane production on Mars would be wise.

And a NN that trades currencies etc via StarLink would be nice.

Last edited:
Macros up:

US Tech (NASDAQ)-100 Contract
15,100.25 +26.75 (+0.18%)

TSLA Pre-Market Quotes Live​

This page refreshes every 30 seconds.
Data last updated Aug 05, 2021 05:33 AM ET.

Consolidated Last Sale$719.7 +8.78 (+1.24%)
Pre-Market Volume59,020
Pre-Market High$720 (05:15:17 AM)
Pre-Market Low$710.82 (04:06:17 AM)

And so this weeks' pattern continues: up in the Pre-market. Will we see another rise in the a.m. after the Opening, followed by a walkdown to breakeven? (or technicals?).

Tune in for another exciting episode of "As the World Burns" (daytimes, 9:30-4)

Cheers!

P.S. Change can not come fast enough. Tesla is working to accelerate that change. Go Tesla!

Please dont hype up ai day to be more than it is. Its been already stated that this is a recruitment event. Its just like neuralinks recruitment event. Its designed to ensure that if there are people out there who could help with FSD, that they choose tesla and not a rival company. Thats it,
I'll watch the whole thing, but my day job involves coding neural network style stuff, so i'll be interested. (Too old and inflexible geographically to apply though...) But I suspect 90% of people watching will not understand what is discussed.

This is NOT a product reveal. I suspect they will talk a lot about the FSD chip, and the supercomputer used to train the net it uses. Thats it.
Its not a 'snake charger product reveal' event...

Please dont hype up ai day to be more than it is. Its been already stated that this is a recruitment event. Its just like neuralinks recruitment event. Its designed to ensure that if there are people out there who could help with FSD, that they choose tesla and not a rival company. Thats it,
I'll watch the whole thing, but my day job involves coding neural network style stuff, so i'll be interested. (Too old and inflexible geographically to apply though...) But I suspect 90% of people watching will not understand what is discussed.

This is NOT a product reveal. I suspect they will talk a lot about the FSD chip, and the supercomputer used to train the net it uses. Thats it.
Its not a 'snake charger product reveal' event...
1. Tesla presentations are to me as the Super Bowl is to others. Excitement is not optional.

2. Dojo is product

3. HW4 is a product

The machine that trains the machine that builds the machine. And via recursion, the machine that trains the machine that trains the machine that...

Well, MaxPain has been updated as of 7:00 ET. Not much to see, Max-pain up to $692.50 (actually tied with $695), and my experimental "C-P Breakpt" analysis points at $700 as an attractive tgt SP for Options Market-Makers for the end-of-week SP.

But that's not the interesting change since yesterday. It's all about the Aug 13th Options expiries:
  • OI has increased by 86K vs the previous day (+55% OI)
  • Highest OI on a single Put has now moved to $700 (up from $650 yesterday)
Here's my Open Interest history table for Option contracts expiring on Aug 13, 2021:

TSLA.OI.Table.2021-08-05.07-00.png

Here's the OI graph from this morning for Aug 13 Expiries: (notice the "Put peak" at $700)

TSLA.OI.2021-08-05.07-00.png

Notably, there has NOT been a significant increase in Options Open Interest for contracts expiring on Aug 20 (+1.70% vs. yesterday) or on Aug 27 (+3.50% vs. yesterday).

To me, this feels like Wall St. is setting up for a typical "Buy-the-Rumor, Sell-the-News" play on AI Day, which is Thu, Aug 19, 2021 after the Close. GLTA.

Cheers!

Interesting info from Rob Maurer about Tesla AI day invitation...

One sentence sticks out as particularly noteworthy... "They’ll also get an inside-look at what’s next for AI at Tesla beyond our vehicle fleet."

We may get a glimpse of what Elon meant when he said "long term, people will think of Tesla as much as an AI robotics company as we are a car company, or an energy company"

Tesla Robotics division... Heard it here first!

That kind of upsets me. How can our government work to strengthen EV adoption if they are unwilling to work with the leader of American EV production and development? 🤔
To me, it seems that it would be somewhat awkward for everyone if Tesla/Musk was there. This sounds like some kind of "strategy" session about how the slow kids can manage a passing SAT score, while the valedictorian is sitting right in front of them.