Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
“Specifically, the President will sign an Executive Order that sets an ambitious new target to make half of all new vehicles sold in 2030 zero-emissions vehicles, including battery electric, plug-in hybrid electric, or fuel cell electric vehicles.”

Anyone notice a contradiction?

“That is why today, American automakers Ford, GM, and Stellantis and the United Auto Workers (UAW), will stand with President Biden at the White House with aligned ambition: supporting the President’s Build Back Better Agenda and the automakers’ need to invest in and grow good-paying union jobs in the United States.”
I was really never expecting to buy a car from one of them, never have up to now, but now I am NEVER going to buy a car from one of them, including the largest automaker of them the UAW...

Wow he avoids answering that question like it's radioactive!

We all know Tesla wasn't invited because they aren't unionized. Biden has always received huge campaign contributions from the auto unions, and it's why he panders to them at every chance. It's likely why he is ignoring Tesla now despite them being the leader and most expert in the EV cause he is pushing.

How can our country change if it doesn't embrace change itself?
Well, Musk is an icon. If present, he would be asked questions and the media headlines would be talking about what Musk said and less about the biden and the plan.
We on earth will benefit by Biden accelerating the slow pokes, as TSLA investors because the expanded charger network and for those fortunate to drive a Tesla, the same.

Maybe Tesla has proven it doesn’t need much help from Gov in its next growth phase (just get out of the way, e.g., state dealer restrictions). We will benefit from accelerated build-out of the charging infrastructure, growth of EV share of total market (so many people that can be nudged into going electric will choose Tesla over GM etc.). Possibly this meeting is rightly focused on the slow-moving companies and the union connection is only part of the picture.

And, of course, emissions and gasoline efficiency standards don’t apply to BEV, so the messaging is possible cleaner to some. Buttigieg’s reaction was an interesting straddle.

Last edited:
Maybe Tesla has proven it doesn’t need much help from Gov in its next growth phase (just get out of the way, e.g., state dealer restrictions). We will benefit from accelerated build-out of the charging infrastructure, growth of EV share of total market (so many people that can be nudged into going electric will choose Tesla over GM etc.). Possibly this meeting is rightly focused on the slow-moving companies and the union connection is only part of the picture.

That was James Stephensons take too--- when you're holding a remedial schooling class you don't invite the A+ student who doesn't need help.

Robot in a Robo-Taxi, means the cost just went up.
2 machines, 2 FSD chips, one customer for the ride.

Better to teach the Robot to drive a car without FSD, i.e the chip, NN etc all only with the driver- maybe he gets to plug into the cars vision systems etc. - and use case might be better more for a delivery man, post man etc, garbage man etc .
cheers!!
call it "Husband." or wife.

CNBC article on Buttigieg -
TL: DR

1628172525737.png

President Biden,

I am writing in reference to upcoming White House event related to new limits on greenhouse gas auto emissions and new electric vehicle sales targets; specifically I’m writing to express my concerns that Tesla Motors was not included.

I believe it is important that I make the following disclosures: I am a retired member of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, and a fervent follower of the Association for Union Democracy. I am a third generation union member, but more than this, I am an American, I believe in the sanctity of elections.

If free elections and self-determination are the thunderclap of democracy, innovation and ingenuity are the lightning bolts of American character. As a union member I believe in the value of good living wages, I believe in fair elections, I believe in the right to self-determination. Americans ought to have the right to join labor unions; and the right to choose not to.

I am convinced that Tesla Motors was excluded from this event, because they were not part of the United Auto Worker’s political coalition.

I am afraid sir that you have left out the lightning. I hope that you can find a way to embrace good old fashioned American ingenuity.

Indeed President Biden, climate change mandates that we bring our best and brightest to the fight.

Best regards,

Jack Leonard
I created and sent a version of this, and encourage others in theis community to do the same--thanks for writing it!

Ok, i see upper BB is at 718.22. Seems like we close at 718.25 today then.

Where would it be tomorrow? 720? Like the call-wall where the MM would like to stay below?..

Surprising how things line up for them ..... NOT.

Well, I think MMs won't agree on that SP for Friday's Close (if that's what you're predicting). Further, MMs don't like to leave any doubt (or faint hope) for SP targets, so they like to pounce earlier in the week. I'm somewhat surprised they've let it run this long. But, low volume makes a daily walkdown no problem and little effort for them.

Let's look at the $700 Strike in the Open Interest table: (7:00 am ET update)

TSLA.OI.Table.2021-08-05.07-00.png

See why MMs might have their eyes on a Friday close near the $700 Strike? It let's them kill off 12.9K Calls that are ITM at the current SP, and $700 avoids them having to pay out on 10.3K Puts at that Strike. Tasty cheese if ur a MM, and Open Interest is over 500K for tomorrow, so there's lots of $$ at stake.

IMO, traders moved on yesterday and are now positioning themselves for Fri, Aug 13 in a "buy-the-rumour, sell-the-news" play (see my comment around 7:20 ET today).

Cheers!

That was James Stephensons take too--- when you're holding a remedial schooling class you don't invite the A+ student who doesn't need help.
You guys are far too kind to these politicians. It's about the UAW and campaign contributions. Tesla has never even been acknowledged. (I don't think this is a political post, I think this administration has an agenda in regards to Tesla)

Wow he avoids answering that question like it's radioactive!

We all know Tesla wasn't invited because they aren't unionized. Biden has always received huge campaign contributions from the auto unions, and it's why he panders to them at every chance. It's likely why he is ignoring Tesla now despite them being the leader and most expert in the EV cause he is pushing.

How can our country change if it doesn't embrace change itself?
Are Rivian and Lucid unionized ? And was Rivian invited ?

In this article it references Elon as saying “his factory workers are better off without union representation. He once wrote that the UAW “does not share our mission,” and claimed its “true allegiance is to the giant car companies, where the money they take from employees in dues is vastly more than they could ever make from Tesla.”

But that's not the interesting change since yesterday. It's all about the Aug 13th Options expiries:
  • OI has increased by 86K vs the previous day (+55% OI)
  • Highest OI on a single Put has now moved to $700 (up from $650 yesterday)
Here's my Open Interest history table for Option contracts expiring on Aug 13, 2021:

View attachment 692351
Thank you and amazing data summary. I am hoping you will have time to post this collation/analysis on a web page so one can quickly find it at night (when i plan trades). Not easy to scroll through this forum's pages to specifically find this table.

I know the data comes from max-pain but this is useful to me coz it shows history and movement. 9 days of data all in one page. I wouldn't have easily known that for 8/13, the put wall is trending up and calls are trending down. I have several Bull Put Spreads for that date...

Cheers!