Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This morning I was preparing for delivery of my new Plaid. That including review of some old Tesla files.

2014 P85D 12/2014 $132,170 2021 Model S Plaid 08/2021. $135,690

add Ludicrous and LTE: 5,200
Total cost: $137,370 $135,690
EPA MPGe 89 116
EPA range miles 242 396
US/Canada content 50% 60%+15% Mexico
Supercharging FREE Pay per use
Supercharging speed thunder lightning
Seats: OK for extra expense Next Generation. ventilated
storage in doors what? yes
Heat Pump what? yes
12v battery lead acid: li-ion

My insurance costs 28% Less

There is a moral here. In my admittedly warped perspective. Thank goodness I have upgraded again, not only is the new one cheaper to buy and cheaper to operate but it may even have higher performance also. Then there is all that entertainment. and, that yoke.
Since when do costs go down while value goes up?
Then there is the increased Gross Margin due to massive redesign of parts, increased efficiency in production and more.

I bought them both just as production is ramping so I assume the new one will be far more robust than the old one, once the kinks are eliminated.
For reference my Model 3P was August 2018 build, so early for P. Zero kinks other than a 12v battery proactive replacement a few months ago.

By 4th quarter the Model S should be ramping up to ~1,000 per week. The Model X delay will probably result in less ramp agony, and will be a strong GM contributor by 2nd quarter 2022 at the latest.

We do not really know how quickly both S and X will ramp, but we do know they represent much more compelling value than did their predecessors which were themselves groundbreaking advances. We've been discussing the initial quality and delivery angst while not really understanding the profit contribution these will be bringing.

Sorry for the horrible formatting. My post was somehow merged from a table to gibberish. I guess I'll need to import a table form. In my ignorance I did not know I could not format within a post.
We had our P85Ds delivered within days of one another. Should be getting my Plaid end of next month. Looking forward to it.

Mkbhd is one of Teslas biggest supporters who give Tesla million dollars of free advertisements. Not only was he an earlier adopter of a Tesla, every cell phone review of his comes with a picture of a Tesla. So let's not go off the deep end demonize the guy for having an opinion.

I didn't see anyone demonize Marques, I saw someone questioning the depth of his reviews and his grasp of the all-important technology known as AI. I don't see any reason why we should have to tip-toe through the tulips simply because he has an image of a Tesla on his reviews. That's a superficial quality and has nothing to do with whether or not his reviews are in-depth or he has a working understanding of AI. And, I have to agree with @Ohmster , I found his opinions on robots to be shockingly unsophisticated, to the point of it being an embarrassment.

In investing it's good to be able to appraise the knowledge and skill level of people who offer opinions that are relevant to your investment. It's actually quite important.

Last edited:
now : "Tesla is small and will be destroyed by the competition!"

in a year or two : "How are the other automakers supposed to compete with a technology behemoth like Tesla?"

Remember Apple, after the iPhone first came out...

"Nokia and RIM will crush that stupid and expensive iPhone!"

Everybody, remember Nokia and RIM?
🤣

Slightly OT, about 6.32% relevant to TSLA. Gary Black's own ETF ($FFND) goes public today. If you like an active management style but Ark is a bit too speculative for you, worth looking into.

1629814916807.png

Slightly OT, about 6.32% relevant to TSLA. Gary Black's own ETF ($FFND) goes public today. If you like an active management style but Ark is a bit too speculative for you, worth looking into.

View attachment 700785
Why does it seem like everyone here on TMC has a bigger net worth than Gary's entire fund?

Lots of volume. More than 5.6 million in first hour
There's definitely accumulation happening if you're watching the pattern of the buying volume. It comes in bunches/groups with and then it drops off (thus allowing MM's to attempt to walk it back down). Saw the same action yesterday. A large part of the volume came between a 10-minute span....from 10 am to 10:10 am.......same 10 minute gap of very strong buying volume that we saw yesterday morning.

Definitely feels like it's getting to a point where MM's are going to have to accept they won't have control of the stock on a weekly basis.

ok here’s my shot at Elon’s tweet

Nine =9
Rings = zeros
Rings ( more than one ) =2

=$900 SP
In other words: stay strong and HODL. We will be at 900 soon!

at least that’s my story and I’m stickin to it. Of course my explanation above is in no way coloured by my bullish stance on Tesla and my disdain for the BS FUDster treatment TSLA has been getting.

not advise
Recall Elon referred to Texas As “Mordor” (“gentrify Mordor” comments pre-Austin announcement). Nine refers to September? Something significant at Giga-Texas in September?

Three separate headlines on MarketWatch saying Elon said the latest version of Self drive is not good.

What he actually said is the latest version (9.3) is great.....as always mainstream media is behind.
He has said both things, but 9.2 is the version the wider test fleet currently has.

FSD Beta 9.2 is actually not great imo, but Autopilot/AI team is rallying to improve as fast as possible. We’re trying to have a single stack for both highway & city streets, but it requires massive NN retraining.
Just drove FSD Beta 9.3 from Pasadena to LAX. Much improved!

Anyone see the BAM story? Electric UTVs built for racing coming end of '22. Another reason to get Cybertruck to charge all the future toys!
Camping in the future, who wants an engine sound anymore? It will all become noise pollution fast. Some like that powerful sound, but not at 6AM people! So is this an investment opportunity like they claim on TD site, or we can just assume everything is going electric and Tesla hits on all the buttons, so don't bother? They do look fun!

• Informative
Reactions: Duffer and AZRI11