Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pre-trading day change-my-view:

The whole Robotaxi discussion here is so US-centric it hurts - particularly in this forum where we all should be looking at things from a global perspective.

Elon has commented more than once that he thinks Autonomy will happen later in Europe due to regulators there being less amenable to it so I think it's natural for people to discount autonomy in Europe and focus on markets that will provide early growth and profits. ARK invest also likes to quote the expected value of autonomy only in the USA (or is it N. America?) because they project that's where the real growth will begin and that other markets like China and Europe could have different leaders in autonomy. For that reason I think they limit their Tesla robo-taxi projections to the US. Someone can correct this if I'm remembering it incorrectly.

• Informative
Reactions: Mike Ambler
And yet we have Monroe yesterday ranting on our gov't, rightfully wondering how stupid Congress can be for attacking our best American company from the inside. Big picture, both seem dumb. But we all know that money and power keep saying otherwise. I'm just impressed at Tesla production growth despite, and maybe all the extra suppler parts in the queue for Germany are a blessing in this world today, as Monroe also mentions.
It was necessary to do Giga Berlin so it's worth the hassle. Any future European investment though doesn't need to be in Germany and given how they're approval process constrains Tesla for stupid reasons, Tesla should look elsewhere. Plenty of European country's that would bend over backwards to have Tesla set up their European HQ's in their country.

i love how the current critique of Tesla is that AI is hard and that Elon has no idea of what he is doing / getting into. It’s not like he has a reasonable track record of getting hard things in
Where does Ford get the cash flow to paydown credit debt? If you subtract that cash flow from total FCF, what do they have left?
I want to know how they keep selling cars without the financing arms.

I am concerned that with all of this pressure from his fans, Musk would end up making a hasty decision to release a product that is no where ready for general public use. When the first iteration of summon was bad crap, it invited ridicule but it was not unsafe and no one was harmed. That won't be the case with FSD beta button. The prefix beta won't let him off the hook.

I would rather let the iterations of improvements stay with the current testers until such time we don't see much disengagements or iffy maneuvers, even if it means another year or more for the larger beta release. I understand it is unfair for those that have paid $10k, but you are better off not rushing and taking the heat from those FSD owners than the entire media, establishment, NHTSA, politicians all coming down hard and shutting this down.

They are all waiting for ONE death ONE injury with FSD to shut this down.
Stop the thought. This is the man who held up Model S deliveries because the new seats didn’t garner a 5* rating. This is a man who demands all vehicles garner 5*+ in every category and sub-category. This is a man who repeatedly expresses that safety is #1 priority. This is a man who went and worked on mfging lines and then had safety and ergonomic changes made. He practically has emission free farts.

Give your head a shake.

I want my...
I want my...
I want my FSD.
1629990643745.png

so... ~$33,000 USD.

Not really a 25k dollar 200+ mile EV is it then?
23140 euro ex VAT, 27215 dollar at the current rate.
Feel free to believe that Tony Seba included Belgian VAT in his estimate, and excluded all those years of inflation, and thus missed his prediction with a whopping couple of percent.

23140 euro ex VAT

Why would it be ex VAT?

VAT is required to be paid to buy it in every market it's sold in.

Likewise if they were bringing it to the US there's various safety standards it might need to be upgraded for- or import tarrifs that would apply.

Surely you don't think Seba meant wholesale cost rather than retail right?

And are you expecting it'll be sold for $20,000 US next year? Sebas chart is.

"Never was so much owed by so few shorts to so many longs..."
I wish we could get a true weekly snapshot of ALL short interest in equities. Retail shorts and MM naked shorting.

Pretty absurd that we would have to wish for something that any actually open market would naturally provide.

Took a quick peek and report TSLA short interest seems to be at a recent low.

But Norway though :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ......one week is all it took

European Auto makers right now like "Fuuuuuuuu........."

No doubt in my mind that they've been lobbying the German government and have also been funding these objection groups....all because they need to delay Giga Berlin as long as possible to hit their targets for emission for this year and next. It's a lot easier for them to sell their inferior EV's when European customers know that it's going to be a long time before they can get a Model Y plus they can't even see one in person.

But now that Tesla made the move to export Model Y's to European, customers have a lot more incentive to hold out for Model Y's. We've already seen not just a stagnation for ID3 and ID4 sales....but there's actually been a dip in sales in the past 1-2 months.....pretty much since Tesla announced Model Y's were coming to Europe in Q3. I'll very interested to see what happens to sales for the remainder of the year for VW/Audi.

Last edited: