Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The German translation "Gemeinsamer Fuhrpark" suggests company car fleets, not car-sharing. Fleet management is probably close too.

Thanks, that is a helpful connotation. Do you happen to know if any of the Tesla Blogs are written in multiple languages? For e.g. does this page translate into German, and does it use similar language? Master Plan, Part Deux

Just a quick Google for "Tesla" "shared fleet" yielded the Master Plan, Part Deux:

You will also be able to add your car to the Tesla shared fleet just by tapping a button on the Tesla phone app and have it generate income for you while you're at work or on vacation, significantly offsetting and at times potentially exceeding the monthly loan or lease cost. This dramatically lowers the true cost of ownership to the point where almost anyone could own a Tesla. Since most cars are only in use by their owner for 5% to 10% of the day, the fundamental economic utility of a true self-driving car is likely to be several times that of a car which is not.

In cities where demand exceeds the supply of customer-owned cars, Tesla will operate its own fleet, ensuring you can always hail a ride from us no matter where you are.

Yes, and what's more I think that Elon has now set the conditions for a staged roll-out of the beta "button": (San Francisco bay area first to get it)

New users for the beta program will likely be exposed to the least risk in the region with the best data. Unfortunately, that means Boston will likely have to wait.

Long term solution is Dojo, and lots of 'em, in regional data centers. Lots and lots of training clusters. Then why not even put a few on Sky Net Starlink? ;)

Tesla will definately be buying a chip FAB...

Cheers!
Not really seeing the logic for Tesla to get into semiconductors themselves, at least for a while. Strategic fears are driving governments to throw money at existing chip makers. There might be excesses, e.g. a glut, not too far down the road.

Although Tesla could maybe pick up a fab for "cheap" at that point, I’d think they’d be better off picking and choosing between the suppliers to get better pricing, more flexibility, and likely better chips.

That is, unless Tesla’s supplies are limited by misguided industrial policy. Unfortunately, there is evidence for this risk in the current US administration’s proposed EV policy. Still a fab purchase would preferably be a backup plan and, ideally, they should wait until the beneficiaries have burned through their governments’ largesse—again unless pressed.

• Informative
Reactions: Doit
Thanks, that is a helpful connotation. Do you happen to know if any of the Tesla Blogs are written in multiple languages? For e.g. does this page translate into German, and does it use similar language? Master Plan, Part Deux

Just a quick Google for "Tesla" "shared fleet" yielded the Master Plan, Part Deux:

The Blog is not translated on the German version of Tesla's website www.tesla.com/de.

Just realised that the Tesla Bot is the only "revealed" (although not fully revealed) product so far that didn't feature in the masterplan part deux.

FYI for anyone looking to buy LEAPS today - the bid/ask spread on Jan23 900 LEAPS is amazing. It is currently at $121.00/121.50. I got 2/3 of what I wanted at $121.25.
Thanks for the heads up on these @pz1975.

Threw in a flyer limit order for a couple of bucks less, and I'm now the proud Papa of some shiny new Jan 2023 900 LEAPS.

MMs are pushing heavy to MaxPain ($690) right now: $TSLA @ 699
Please forgive me for joining this poster discussing Tesla stock in this investment forum, while others here fill up the forum with non-investment matters. FYI, there are other forums here at TMC for unrelated concerns.

TSLA has just been shoved under $700. This on a late summer day with light trading volume and no significant Tesla news that should warrant dumping. The macro market is not helping, but that may be related to unending Afghanistan news. Despite premarket publications of max-pain at $690, a cursory survey of options expiring tomorrow suggests that $700 may now be a more reasonable target for large option writers capable of manipulation. That assessment could change tomorrow.

Just a coincidence that it's their EV lines...
The sarcasm is warranted, but maybe there is a bit more there than meets the eye. Perhaps VW and others cobbled together components from suppliers in order to get out their EVs more quickly. Each of these components requires a controller to interface with the whole.

In contrast, Tesla's manufacturing is much more vertically integrated than most and therefore fewer controllers are needed. But some controllers still do exist because, for example, Tesla doesn't make its own airbag components. And those areas are where the production constraints are showing up (calling out Bosch, etc.).

As I recall, Monro was much happier with the Mach-E than the id.4 from a simplicity perspective. Perhaps Ford is finding it easier to keep the Mach-E in production versus VW with the id.4 because of it.

Last edited:
TSLA has just been shoved under $700. This on a late summer day with light trading volume and no significant Tesla news that should warrant dumping. The macro market is not helping, but that may be related to unending Afghanistan news. Despite premarket publications of max-pain at $690, a cursory survey of options expiring tomorrow suggests that $700 may now be a more reasonable target for large option writers capable of manipulation. That assessment could change tomorrow.

I feel like we've said that many times before and MM's had no problem pushing down to the lower level($690) when volume is this low. Looks to me like a bunch of sell orders are popping at $700, lets see if they can push through or get overwhelmed.

Great week for MM's to nail max pain. They're already covered from last weeks pushdown, the macro world is a bit unhinged, and volume is essentially nothing. As people have noted, IV is getting wonderfully low for those looking to buy calls.

Reactions: Paul_SF
Just realised that the Tesla Bot is the only "revealed" (although not fully revealed) product so far that didn't feature in the masterplan part deux.
I‘ve thought for some time that Tesla might do a humanoid robot given Elon’s comments about solving the general AI problem en route to solving FSD, however I had thought humanoid robots would be down the road a bit.

I wonder if Elon moved up the schedule for humanoid robots and raised their priority in response to the administration’s misguided proposal that taxpayers subsidize hybrids.

• Funny
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Some light hearted reading

Tesla went public at $17 per share back in 2010 and today goes for over $700 per share, adjusted for stock splits that have happened along the way. That's good for a better than 14,600% increase. In comparison, the S&P 500 has "only" quadrupled in value over that same period. So that initial $1,000 Tesla investment made over a decade ago would be worth some $147,400 today for a compound growth rate of over 45% annually. Not too shabby.

Thanks for illustrating my point?

You realize how bad and embarrassing it is for the ID4, a brand new vehicle in its first year where production is local with plenty of supply to be outsold by the Model 3…..a car, not SUV, that is years old at this point , gets exported to Europe in limited supply, and already has like 7X the amount of vehicles sales from prior years…..right?????

1630006064299.png

Please forgive me for joining this poster discussing Tesla stock in this investment forum, while others here fill up the forum with non-investment matters. FYI, there are other forums here at TMC for unrelated concerns.

We’ve also been over $650 or so pushing a month now which seems like nice consolidation.

Pretty sure the made in China Model 3 SR+ is coming to North America.
At least two people with orders got the letter from Tesla on the smaller range car.
It seems we've heard of the LFP battery 3 coming over for a while, but have we seen any ships from Shanghai to the US carrying them? Another way of putting it, are they now producing LFP in Fremont as has been expected? Either way should free up some production for NA sales.