Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We were finally able to pick up our two new MY. Delivery Center near Munich working overtime to get all the cars out.

We are so happy - time to buy some more TSLA. The cars are great.

1630790356011.png

We were finally able to pick up our two new MY. Delivery Center near Munich working overtime to get all the cars out.

We are so happy - time to buy some more TSLA. The cars are great.

View attachment 705241

This whole time this Johann persona was three German girls posting here, who knew!

Seems like Elon is super bullish on fsd, based on V10

It's out of character for him to send employees an email with a link to a Tesmanian article about ARK's $3k price target. It's so absurd that people thought it was fake, including myself. I actually still can't believe it.

Well a few things we can piece together -

Elon and the FSD team are running personal builds that are developer builds, likely with features/abilities that are turned off even for the FSD beta users. Maybe we're about to see those abilities in action (I'm thinking some of the abilities we saw in the AI Day FSD presentation part)

Elon also mentioned a couple weeks ago that they've been working on adding highways onto the FSD stack so that essentially everything is running on the FSD stack now. I doubt they would want to do something like that until they've gotten to feature complete on city streets. Would seem like unnecessary added complexity to merge the two while features are still being added to city streets.

At least we only have less than a week to wait. I'm just going to reserve my excitement until I see it in action.

Last edited:

It's out of character for him to send employees an email with a link to a Tesmanian article about ARK's $3k price target. It's so absurd that people thought it was fake, including myself. I actually still can't believe it.

It is unusually vocal optimism from Elon. I mean he is always optimistic about schedules, but he is rarely so openly bullish on Tesla valuation.

FSD being reasonably solved in a short timeframe would certainly be reason to be so bullish.

A not-quite random comment, sneaking it in because….3-day holiday:

Pretty hard for me to agree that time is the ultimate currency. It is, after all, rather hard to take anywhere with you.

That is to say: there’s no such thing as time travel.
it depends. if you constant accelerate at 1g, you make it to galactic center in ~12 years, but 113,000 years pass by outside. Everyone else travels into the far future whilst you stay behind, in the year xx39, or so.

Seems Fred Lambert also confirmed the letter is legit with his sources, and published it as such:

"In an email to Tesla employee obtained by Electrek, Elon Musk shared with employees Ark’s new $3,000 price target and that he agrees with Ark:

A $3,000 share price would put Tesla’s valuation at $3 trillion and make it the most valuable company in the world."

This will go mainstream quickly, IMO.
Ah yes Fred Lambert, that bastion of credibility compared with Sawyer Merritt.

Come on guys. I like to think the people here are better than the conspiracy theorists who have overrun Reddit and everywhere else these days.

Elon has never directly commented on the stock price in this way before, it's so completely out of character for him. Unless he's confirming a reverse split ("stock price is too high imo") this is a completely fictional email.

Ah yes Fred Lambert, that bastion of credibility compared with Sawyer Merritt.

Come on guys. I like to think the people here are better than the conspiracy theorists who have overrun Reddit and everywhere else these days.

Elon has never directly commented on the stock price in this way before, it's so completely out of character for him. Unless he's confirming a reverse split ("stock price is too high imo") this is a completely fictional email.
Two independent outlets have confirmed this with multiple sources, so It's fairly obvious that the email is legitimate. Electrek has never been wrong about an Elon email.

Employees are stockholders. $3k per share is quite the incentive.

Don't tell some posters that Elon says large pouch are dangerous. They will tell you it is dendrites or x, or y. In the meantime pouches are failing in every application ...constantly. I'm not even an engineer and I think I was able to draw that correlation and make the conclusion that all that GM investment in a large pouch battery form...is problematic. Typical GM
I have been surprised more hasn't been made by both Elon and others on this thread regarding the importance of "structural batteries" highlighted on battery day. @11:44. So for all the discussion over the pouch limitation add the advantage Tesla's new battery structure means in the over all design of the car.

Battery Day- Structual Batteries.PNG

You bring up a crucial point, @SN_8. I think people who buy a car will want a steering wheel because they enjoy driving and / or the independence. That won't disappear soon (really, Elon? people liked 'driving' their elevators? I don't think so).

I think the sweet spot for FSD will be:
  • robotaxis / car sharing
  • cars for affluent, visually-impaired who want independent mobility
  • people who can't afford a [edit] non-FSD car plus expensive insurance required for "self-driving" ([edit] such as those convicted of impaired driving)
The rest will want a car they car drive. Time will tell if this is a minority or majority.

A variable is when the up-front cost for FSD will eventually be less than the money saved on insurance.
Personally, I can't wait to get a conversion van with FSD... I might actually be able to own a Tesla before I go to the next realm and have it drive me wherever I want, along with charging itself at the FSC Superchargers when it's not parked in my garage.

Heck, even Steven Hawking could take a spin... if he hadn't already transitioned that is...

Reactions: EVortex