Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wasn’t there a thread years back regarding tesla betting on its chemistry which people on here argued being less safe but cheaper ? Someone recall that ?
There have been many threads about that. NCA chemistry is less safe than NMC which is less safe than LFP. I don't think anyone even tries to make NCA in pouch or prismatic format for that reason. Small cylindrical was really the only way to do it with NCA.

The yeild curve demonstrates that all currencies bend to time. Moreover, the time dimension of a yeild curve is orthogonal to chronological time. That is, the yeild curve along its whole time domain changes over time. We are really talking about a 3-dimensional object, one dimension for yield and two time dimensions. So in reality a currency like the USD does travel in time, especially this projective time dimension that is orthogonal to our ordinary time dimension.
I refuse to yield to your yeilding….😀🤭😀…but although I do not diagree with anything you write, I still assert you sidestepped. You discussed some correct aspects of currencies…NOT of time. 😜

Since it is the weekend, some fodder in regards to this increase in carbon emissions projection over the next few years:

IMO: The likelier for increase variance in climate sensitivity, the likelier need for policy towards renewables. I think that'll entail higher multiples for the company in order to fuel growth to reach its goals from investors. I do wonder what happens when we start seeing more scenarios, worldwide, like the CA Wildfires "Red Day" on 9/9/2020 where extrinsic turns into intrinsic. Since that day:

Day: $366.28
7-day (after): $441.76 on 9/16/2020
1-month (after): $425.30 on 10/7/2020
3-month (after): $568.82 on 12/2/2020
Latest: $654.87

Edit: Link to California "Orange Day"

View attachment 646589

Some thoughts to consider in terms of the environment:

IMO, I think September (the height of wildfire season in CA) is going to be telling to see how much money goes into clean tech companies (IMO again)...especially via Silicon Valley. My opinion, as it has changed over this year, is that I'm still bullish and there is going to be a 1-2 levels up trigger IMO. That is a little under 4 months away. What makes this all complicated is the ramification of COVID on the world (especially India) and it stress testing the resiliency of the supply chains in the world.

Personally, I think we're all going to get waayyyy more reactionary as the year progresses based on the changes to the outer environment.

A couple more thoughts to consider:

Last year had the "Orange Day" and the remarkable 2020 wildfire season in CA and I really do think it had an effect on the stock price in the run-up on the latter part of the year (would enjoy hearing other theories if anyone wants to share on TSLA as it blew past $2k pre-split) -

Further, hurricane season was pretty exceptional too in 2020 as it was the most active on record.

Though, this year is forecasted to be just as bad if not worse and that season is just beginning on the East Coast:

Even if you ignore climate change history and forecasting, that last year, 2020, could be considered an aberration and one-off. Two years weightens consistency and a trend even if its not a normative sample of 5 years...even though we're getting there if you really pull back from 2017-2018. With the exceptional drought occurring, again, in the Western United States...well, I think people will make decisions off the trend of climate change really changing things up in civilization...

Anyways, some food for thought.

Leaving these old posts from March 2021 here. Looks like people are becoming a lot more reactionary...even on this forum, as of recently, from what I've been reading.

Question I have: Does TSLA need any more money to do a bigger mass expansion of new factories? or do they have enough? Will TSLA need another capital raise...ever? How about the entire industry to switch over to EV?

The demand and need is obvious now for a new pattern to arise with the 2nd year in of increasing climate-related problems. Also, its the first time I've seen the news rhetoric change to "man-made climate disasters" consistently on ABC and NBC news since Ida and Caldor Fire happened.

Reactions: FireMedic
Giga Berlin just got some mysterious machines delivered to their battery production facility:

MachinesBerlin.png

More in this vid from The Wolfpack Berlin. Should start at the relevant time stamp:

These are great charts.
Would it be possible to do these with inflation taken into account?
@navguy12 You will have to ask Aldrich Bautista, who created those charts and have been updating them on Disqus for a few years now. I agree they are excellent.

Given the low rate of inflation, I doubt the revised chart will change by even one row of pixels:

Annual inflation rate in the United States:
YearInflation rate
20201.25%
20191.81%
20182.44%
20172.14%

Last edited:
Sawyer Merrit confirmed it with 4 separate (unnamed) sources. Doesn't get more legit than that! 😄
Seems Fred Lambert also confirmed the letter is legit with his sources, and published it as such:

"In an email to Tesla employee obtained by Electrek, Elon Musk shared with employees Ark’s new $3,000 price target and that he agrees with Ark:
“If we execute really well, I agree with Ark Invest.”
A $3,000 share price would put Tesla’s valuation at $3 trillion and make it the most valuable company in the world."

This will go mainstream quickly, IMO.

Last edited:
The yeild curve demonstrates that all currencies bend to time. Moreover, the time dimension of a yeild curve is orthogonal to chronological time. That is, the yeild curve along its whole time domain changes over time. We are really talking about a 3-dimensional object, one dimension for yield and two time dimensions. So in reality a currency like the USD does travel in time, especially this projective time dimension that is orthogonal to our ordinary time dimension.
And many times the E finger travels faster than the I finger.

Seems Fred Lambert also confirmed the letter is legit with his sources, and published it as such:

"In an email to Tesla employee obtained by Electrek, Elon Musk shared with employees Ark’s new $3,000 price target and that he agrees with Ark:

A $3,000 share price would put Tesla’s valuation at $3 trillion and make it the most valuable company in the world."

This will go mainstream quickly, IMO.
Just like he confirmed the toilet paper story!