Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A bit OT, but thought many people here would like to know. Netflix just released their first two episodes of Countdown, an almost real time mini series about the four civilians about to orbit earth for three days in a SpaceX rocket. Expected launch is September 14th. I thoroughly enjoyed these two episodes, next week will drop the training episodes, and, of course, the live launch.

The Market integrates all available information, of which Bollinger bands are just one part. I think the location of the Upper-BB is a simple coincidence right now.

I think the major factor driving short-term price-action right now is our whale hunting Call options, first at 750 then at 760 strike. I'll continue to watch the call volumes today:

View attachment 706225

After our whale is done feeding, I think then the pelicans move in for the scraps (BBs apply). Too soon, and they get eaten too. ;)

Cheers!

I'm just one of those sand crabs. Let me know if we dip to $735!

A bit OT, but thought many people here would like to know. Netflix just released their first two episodes of Countdown, an almost real time mini series about the four civilians about to orbit earth for three days in a SpaceX rocket. Expected launch is September 14th. I thoroughly enjoyed these two episodes, next week will drop the training episodes, and, of course, the live launch.
It's Sept 15th for launch per Elon. I'm hooked. Very inspirational.
1631026489200.png

Agreed - we shouldn't focus on service revenue but design a good car - but there is no maintenance free car possible.

I can't stand this "EVs need no service" - every thing on wheels needs suspension components that have bearings and dampening components that wear out naturally.

Or the "first principle view" on it:
There is no such thing as meintenance free anything on earth - time == entropy - and we need to constantly fight entropy - especially on any moving parts.

So imho Tesla used the "no maintenance checks needed for warranty" as a marketing plot - but it makes no sense going forward to not tell your customers when to maintain which part on the car as any other manufacturer - Tesla should (does) know when aprox. components wear out and should at least inspected (i.e. bearings, dampers and such) and replaced (i.e. break fluid every 2 years).

As someone who has paid attention for decades as to exactly when auto and motorcycle components need replacing, I can tell you the it varies dramatically with use. Different drivers, different roads, different climates. Knowing the "average" is sometimes less helpful than simply replacing a component when it shows signs of wear. Doing it on a specified schedule is wasteful. If you want to keep your vehicle in top condition, a regular thorough inspection is the best way, anywhere from once a race, once a month to every two years depending upon the severity of usage.

BTW, I think you have been reading the writings of too many Americans because the word is "brake" fluid, not "break" fluid. This particular misspelling drives me batty for some reason. As someone who has English as their second language, you should know better than this! ;)

Last edited:
Uh wow Ford. Is that right? You need an additional 2,700 chips per car to make an EV?

Thats 270 billion additional chips per year for the entire world production of cars...
If the world EV chip count needed far exceeds planned production, then it makes sense for Tesla, with goal of transition the world, to go into chip fab for power and transportation.

Bruce Burnworth tweeted that his research and intuition tell me that Tesla is doing exactly that at Giga Texas. No source quoted, so I take that as just a guess from a "civil engineer who has managed construction of ultra-pure water plants and special foundations".

Welp my prediction of this being the breakout week lasted all of 40 mins lol.

Already clear where it's going to be pinpointed for close this week. Volume completely gone. Rinse repeat every damn week 🥱
You should always say the price you mean if you are going to state these sorts of things. Last week you were close, let's see how you do this week