Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Supercharger factory was completed in August, good timing with upcoming opening of superchargers to other brands in Europe which requires even faster rollout of new stations. According to supercharge.info last year Tesla added about 4,200 stalls, so the 10,000 additional capacity in the new factory could more than triple that rate.

Supercharger factory was completed in August, good timing with upcoming opening of superchargers to other brands in Europe which requires even faster rollout of new stations. According to supercharge.info last year Tesla added about 4,200 stalls, so the 10,000 additional capacity in the new factory could more than triple that rate.

It's a shame we don't already have more comprehensive legislation in place to incentivize all this activity in the US. Would have loved to see the Buffalo Gigafactory bursting at the seams with supercharging and solar roof production.

As it likely won't matter where the charging network is actually built, this is just fine from an investment perspective. Just would have been nice to see.

New car sales in USA (and elsewhere) are obviously down to shortages because used prices are going up a lot.
The Osborne effect hypothesis also would anticipate that as consumers wait for new EV supply to come to market, many of them prefer to keep driving older ICE vehicles to replacing them we new ICE vehicles. Thus, the supply of used cars tightens and prices go up.

Tesla energy starting another big project...

Work Starts at U.K.’s Top Storage Project Using Tesla Batteries

I wonder if that guy on Twitter that said he was buying a million shares actually bought them, or started buying them.

I'd say he's been our "accumulator" for the past week or so.

Seems like a cheap way to add shares would be to have bought cheap call at the 750 strike, then drive the price up to that level quickly on Monday morning and execute those call contracts.

I'll be watching the call volume numbers today (there were 13.3k open 750 call contracts at the Open today, and 11.6k calls at the 760 strike).

So far today, 33.9k call contracts have traded already at the 750 strike, and 30.4k contracts at the 760 strike.

Did anybody sell any Calls at either the $750 or $760 Strike? Please let us know if they get executed early. TIA.

Overall, Wowsers! :D

So much for that.

Moving into fall.....I believe the next major support/ceiling levels are now something like $655 and $8xx?
Screenshot_20210907_161546.png

That is my current tea-leaf-reading of the chart...
resistance at 777, support at 669.

Dyson’s $700 million quest to design an electric car​

"Because we were new kids on the automotive block, suppliers charged us more, which meant the bill for the parts would be as much as 25% higher than those sold to existing manufacturers, making the car expensive to produce. And, as we were planning to sell it direct rather than through dealers, we would need storage facilities and financing deals in every country we sold in. On top of this was the obvious fact that the fewer cars you make, the higher the cost per car. At a relatively low volume, we would have to sell the car at $210,000. There are not many people who will buy a car at this price."

More at: Outline - Read & annotate without distractions

Hmmm, I'm thinking about Lucid, Rivian and other EV start up
Right!? And the headlines and articles at the time about how Dyson was going to do this and that and Tesla would be negatively impacted.

Welcome to the real world every other wannabe Tesla; good luck with that, you’re going to need it DESPITE Tesla paving the way for you, DESPITE you having a boatload more money than Tesla every got or had, DESPITE being able to poach Tesla’s employees who couldn’t cut it any longer at Tesla, DESPITE the huge cheerleading squad for you and against Tesla. None of you have even scratched the surface of what’s still facing you; the hard part - mfging at scale AND doing it well enough to keep your head above the water. Yeah, good luck with that.

easy way to get TSLA to $5000+/share
1) Tesla AI generates 1B random 64x64 images
2) Each share of stock becomes a NFT for one of those images
3) Profit

That's obviously a joke, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if some startup tries to raise money like that in the very near future, similar to how many raised money issuing their own crypto coin.

Right!? And the headlines and articles at the time about how Dyson was going to do this and that and Tesla would be negatively impacted.

Welcome to the real world every other wannabe Tesla; good luck with that, you’re going to need it DESPITE Tesla paving the way for you, DESPITE you having a boatload more money than Tesla every got or had, DESPITE being able to poach Tesla’s employees who couldn’t cut it any longer at Tesla, DESPITE the huge cheerleading squad for you and against Tesla. None of you have even scratched the surface of what’s still facing you; the hard part - mfging at scale AND doing it well enough to keep your head above the water. Yeah, good luck with that.
More: AND you have to demonstrate that you also are superior to Mr Dyson’s drive, ingenuity, experience, and demonstrated ability of having succeeded in another established, overcrowded manufacturing sector.

Wait, what’s the hard part again?

So much for that.

Edit: Pardon me: Moving into fall.....I believe the next major support/ceiling levels are now something like $765 and $8xx?

The Market integrates all available information, of which Bollinger bands are just one part. I think the location of the Upper-BB is a simple coincidence right now.

I think the major factor driving short-term price-action right now is our whale hunting Call options, first at 750 then at 760 strike. I'll continue to watch the call volumes today:

TSLA.Options-Volume.2021-09-07.10-34.png

After our whale is done feeding, I think then the pelicans move in for the scraps (BBs apply). Too soon, and they get eaten too. ;)

Cheers!