Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last edited:
ETrade (owned by Morgan Stanley) says analyst consensus is $1.50...

View attachment 722461

Yahoo has a $1.50 as well.
Not sure where Gary is getting his $1.63 consensus estimate.
Does anyone have access to a Bloomberg terminal to see if that is the source?
I'm sure that CNBS and others of that ilk will use the higher number to dampen the earnings beat.
1634469774236.png

Electrek is making unsupported accusations against Elon.

The article says:

'The focus of the conference was to get VW executives on-board with the massive changes VW will need to make to confront the changing auto industry. Diess recognized that VW “did many right things in the past, in the old world Volkswagen is strong, but there is no guarantee for the new world.” He wants VW to make “faster decisions, less bureaucracy, more responsibility”.

As examples of this, Meyer spoke about Netflix’s transformation from DVD to streaming to content production, and Diess spoke with Musk about the reasons Tesla is more nimble than its rivals. Musk reportedly answered: “It’s the management style. I’m primarily an engineer and, besides the car, I’m fascinated by supply chains, logistics and production processes.”

Diess gave the example that Tesla was better able to handle the current global chip shortage than the rest of the auto industry because their software teams rewrote Tesla’s software in just 2-3 weeks, allowing use of different chips.'

Then, in 'Electrek's Take' the author says:

'While we did not hear a recording of the conference and thus don’t know Musk’s full comments, we would not put the whole reason for Tesla’s success solely down to Musk’s “management style” (ego much, Elon?). While a strong CEO who refuses to compromise on innovation certainly can contribute to a company’s ability to move quickly, Tesla benefits from many other factors independent of its CEO.'

I wrote in the comments section:

'In your 'Electrek's Take' you say that Musk 'egotistically' claimed to be the sole reason for Tesla's success, yet you provided no evidence this happened other than Musk pointing out that his Engineering First management style helps Tesla be more nimble. Do you have additional commentary by Elon that supports this? It's a serious accusation you're making.'

Over the next 10 minutes I refreshed the page a few times to check for a response. No response, and my comment disappeared.
Fred always has to find something against Elon to see by the backdoor in every article.
He will never get over the Tweet Elon made about him always complaning. His PTSD is severe and left untreated. His wounds are still sore.

Deleting comments you don't like and/or don't agree with IMO is not in accordance with journalistic integrity.

Neither is taking two free Roadsters from the Tesla Referral Program, which was never intended to support Journalists. I hope that Tesla clarifies that full-time Bloggers earning their living off their websites are not eligible for free Tesla cars.

Since Redfay is so concerned about 'ethics'. Jus' sayin'.

Any opinions on what Tesla will do with totaled cars? Do they just sell them at auction or find a way to take advantage of all their own damaged vehicles? Centralize repair/recertification facility?
In the UK they usually end up at Copart salvage auctions. They then typically sell for around 60% of normal, undamaged, market value!

Edit; Realised you may be talking about Tesla owned cars. The above is what happens to crashed privately owned cars.

• Informative
Reactions: H Mak
Neither is taking two free Roadsters from the Tesla Referral Program, which was never intended to support Journalists. I hope that Tesla clarifies that full-time Bloggers earning their living off their websites are not eligible for free Tesla cars.

Since Redfay is so concerned about 'ethics'. Jus' sayin'.
If someone wants to control the quality/tone of what is on their site it might make sense to put block list filter buttons at the top of the comments section. Maybe "play list."

For example, on this site, I don't see people who speak with a rude tone that might be catching.

Buttons could be:
"Agrees with Fred"
"PG tone"
"No unvetted new information"
" no filter " [all comments]

The NYT edits their comments, excluding those not deemed polite conversation, or suitable for "their audience."

This is important for an investors forum as people need access to divergent views to manage their investments wisely. This forum moves to threads, but leaves a departure point bread crumb. Reasonably good practice.

Reactions: navguy12
I've read somewhere, which I can't find now, that FredElecTrek is indirectly owned by VolksWagen.

So, one of their latest pieces was "Volkswagen Group BEV delivery numbers still a year behind Tesla, but gaining fast at 138% YOY", which as you can see shows VW in very good light.

Weekend neighbours discussion - One of them said " I don't know how we are gonna propell all of those EVs because most of nuclear power plants are getting very old and there are no plans to replenish (rebuilt) those. It will be a lot of burnt coal and pollution due to increase in EVs and inability to use nuclear power plants."

I left this w/out any comments (for now). I am not sure if I ever dignify this with an answer. We still have a LONG way to go.
Ref the observation about “I don’t know how we are gonna propell all of those EVs…”, when central air conditioning became “normalized” for a large swath of North America back in the 1970s and 1980s, the grid didn’t collapse.

Well, doing my part to ensure fantastic Q4 results: MYP ordered with December estimated delivery.

The 2021 MY is a night and day difference between our 2018 RWD M3 (beyond the obvious form factor).
Kudos! We did our part to ensure fantastic Q3 results; having picked up our MYLRAWD on Sept. 30. After 3 1/2 years of M3 ownership (in total love with the 3 the whole time), I can report that they Y is Next Generation technology and quality. I wouldn't have bet that was possible, but it has blown us away! We are living the dream. Oh, and thanks to the TSLA shorts; all this is possible along with early retirement and financial security. ;) :cool:

Sad news, 25 OG Roadsters lost in a fire at Gruber Motors