Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've read somewhere, which I can't find now, that FredElecTrek is indirectly owned by VolksWagen.

Probably the same source that reported Elon inherited $1B from his African Emerald Mines owning family.

Electrek.co is owned by Seth Weintrab who reported he completely divested of TSLA last January.

Fred Lambert has won a free Tesla Roadster through the Tesla referral program though.

TL;DR - I did as well in 2014, but when I hired a few engineers away from legacy, it hit me. They are in bed with oil for all time.

Up until working at Tesla, I had only been at high tech companies pushing the bleeding edge of what you could do with silicon and pony-tailed dev's.

These former engineers, while anxious to work at Tesla, were absolutely floored how fast we were moving and how we thought anything was possible. We threw the full force of the tech industry at re-imagining the car.

Anywho...legacy auto is so unabashedly arrogant and pompous. According to these engineers, legacy auto believed Tesla was a joke and would fail in a matter of a few years. Legacy auto wanted nothing to do with electric as they **ALL** were totally in bed with oil for all time, contracts and agreements in place for years to buy parts, resources...etc. Turning the ship, even a few degrees was impossible and had never entered into their processes. Ugh, I could go on...

Another short tid bit. Elon pulled all the HQ managers into a room and declared TSLA would be bigger than Apple eventually. If my memory serves, he predicted 2025 (roughly in a decade). Now imagine what % of my investment money I put into TSLA? :)
Priceless! Discoducky, thank you for sharing another glimpse behind the curtain. It’s posts like this that make TMC and this thread in particular both an invaluable resource and a fascinating read. 🙏

Last edited:
TL;DR - I did as well in 2014, but when I hired a few engineers away from legacy, it hit me. They are in bed with oil for all time.

Up until working at Tesla, I had only been at high tech companies pushing the bleeding edge of what you could do with silicon and pony-tailed dev's.

These former engineers, while anxious to work at Tesla, were absolutely floored how fast we were moving and how we thought anything was possible. We threw the full force of the tech industry at re-imagining the car.

Anywho...legacy auto is so unabashedly arrogant and pompous. According to these engineers, legacy auto believed Tesla was a joke and would fail in a matter of a few years. Legacy auto wanted nothing to do with electric as they **ALL** were totally in bed with oil for all time, contracts and agreements in place for years to buy parts, resources...etc. Turning the ship, even a few degrees was impossible and had never entered into their processes. Ugh, I could go on...

Another short tid bit. Elon pulled all the HQ managers into a room and declared TSLA would be bigger than Apple eventually. If my memory serves, he predicted 2025 (roughly in a decade). Now imagine what % of my investment money I put into TSLA? :)
Enough to be in bed with TSLA for all time? ;)

This post made my week end.

I made a poll about when people though Tesla would pass AAPL valuation, I will add Elon’s 2025 to the votes :)

Tesla Economist came in at $2.09.
According to Gary Black, Wall Street is now at $1.63 (previously $1.56)

View attachment 722336
ETrade (owned by Morgan Stanley) says analyst consensus is $1.50...

20211016_235456.jpg

I've read somewhere, which I can't find now, that FredElecTrek is indirectly owned by VolksWagen.

So, one of their latest pieces was "Volkswagen Group BEV delivery numbers still a year behind Tesla, but gaining fast at 138% YOY", which as you can see shows VW in very good light.

Weekend neighbours discussion - One of them said " I don't know how we are gonna propell all of those EVs because most of nuclear power plants are getting very old and there are no plans to replenish (rebuilt) those. It will be a lot of burnt coal and pollution due to increase in EVs and inability to use nuclear power plants."

I left this w/out any comments (for now). I am not sure if I ever dignify this with an answer. We still have a LONG way to go.
I have very recently given up on Electrek because of the increasing number of paid advertising masquerading as articles. It's too bad because they used to be good!

Talking about advertisements, nowadays when I see ads for cars I can't help but think that the manufacturer must be getting desperate, which in turn makes me suspicious of the quality of the advertised car.

Maximum pain predicts Friday closing stock price well until it doesn’t. Here we are at 843, well above any prediction this weeks open interest chart could reasonably support, on average volume of 19 million shares.
I think Yashu explained it well in this video - there are competing targets amongst market makers

In the next video, Yashu said Craig Irwin’s firm Roth Capital is a market maker 😂

I wouldn't read anything into the tag. The tweet Elon replied to tagged elonmusk and Tesla so his reply would automatically tag Tesla also.
IOW, The reply to Tesla is a default he would need to actively remove, not something he actively added.