Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"China-based Ganfeng Lithium Co Ltd, which currently stands as the world’s top lithium company by market cap........to supply battery-grade lithium products to Tesla for three years starting from 2022"

I have mixed feelings about the inclusion of non-Teslas being able to charge at Tesla Superchargers, though if Tesla likes it I'm inclined to favor it.

The Bad:

For one, are hybrids with a tiny battery going to try to charge there? Will these cars have to shut off their gas engines to charge I presume? Hopefully no hybrids allowed.
As someone who has owned a Volt and now a RAV4 Prime, I can tell you that hybrids cannot SuperCharge nor is it needed. They have small batteries, less than 20kWh and only support Level 2 charging. In fact both the Volt and RAV4 only support 3.6kW Level 2 charging so it is slow at best.

In the middle of the madness today, I finally pulled the trigger on a surprise Model Y for my Mom for her birthday. Her birthday is end of May, delivery is now June. Hopefully this will get pulled in with Austin coming online.

Never in my life did I think I would be able to do this for her. Thanks again to everyone on TMC for helping to give me such strong conviction in Tesla.

"China-based Ganfeng Lithium Co Ltd, which currently stands as the world’s top lithium company by market cap........to supply battery-grade lithium products to Tesla for three years starting from 2022"

FYI, they already supply Tesla, this looks like they are getting more and for longer. From the article...

"Tesla’s recently announced three-year lithium supply deal with Ganfeng is quite unsurprising, considering that the China-based supplier has already supplied battery-grade lithium products for the electric car maker in the past.

A cautionary tale.

I cannot see the future, but am good at pattern recognition.

There is a point 47 seconds into this 3 minute video that matches where TSLA is now. It is marked by the announcer first saying, “Look at the time!”

There is a 5 second gap, quietly obtained, noticed by just keen observers like the people on this site.

When I map to replicating this video exactly for TSLA, engaging India is an endeavor that can suck energy and resources out of an organization. I have seen this happen first hand.

That is the caution. I would bypass or delegate in a way that lets you cut it off with no brand damage. It is not worth it.

Last edited by a moderator:
In the middle of the madness today, I finally pulled the trigger on a surprise Model Y for my Mom for her birthday. Her birthday is end of May, delivery is now June. Hopefully this will get pulled in with Austin coming online.

Never in my life did I think I would be able to do this for her. Thanks again to everyone on TMC for helping to give me such strong conviction in Tesla.

I'm not crying, you're crying. Yeah, those Lexus commercials screwed me up...

Just got done with morning project calls and decided to check in here....SP action today was acceptable :) I would congratulate all longs again but it's getting old doing it daily......We haven't witnessed this violent of a run up since .... well.....last year .....Congrats to us all!!!!!!
I actually don't accept congratulations directly anymore. Can you have your personal assistant direct them to my personal assistant's assistant? Thank you!

Whenever it reaches the near term top, expect a 10-15% retracement from that top. There's so many tailwinds for the company that 15% might even be a stretch. Maybe 15-20% with a combination of intraday sell off + down the next day. But I see buyers stepping in big time 15% from whatever high it hits.
Some taking profits and the shorts trying to get some of the billions they've lost back. Or this puppy may run for a few more days. Who knows? I certainly don't.

If they have the Tesla app and have created an account, there is no reason their experience would be any difference from a Tesla’s.
From CleanTechnica:

To use these stations, EV owners need to download the Tesla app (version 4.2.3 or higher). Here are more details:
  1. Download the Tesla app (version 4.2.3 or higher) for iOS or Android and create a Tesla Account.
  2. Select “Charge Your Non-Tesla” and find your Supercharger site.
  3. Add your payment method, plug-in your car, select a stall and tap “Start Charging.”
  4. Select “Stop Charging” to complete your session.
Note that you have to select the actual charging stall that you plan to use, unless unlike Tesla drivers who can just plug in at any of them and charging starts automatically.