Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This morning before market open I put in a limit order for $1145 as I saw last Friday's AH activity from this forum. That was my cap to buy 4 shares. I should have done less (in hindsight) but I didn't think it would dip to $1118 like it did. Either way, got 4 more shares at what I thought was an ATH price and BOOM, today's close is $1208.59. Amazing. I'm HODLing anyway so it won't matter ultimately but it's always weird to buy at a high price and then see it go up so much higher in the same day! Crazy times indeed.

If they have the Tesla app and have created an account, there is no reason their experience would be any difference from a Tesla’s.

I wonder how many of the app's features are hidden from non Tesla owners who are using it to charge. If they can see all the things that the app can do if you own a Tesla, they might wish their car could do all that too. Great advertising.

Last edited:
OT but answering question somewhat
At EVADC club meeting a few years back, 19 year old Leaf owner (the Leaf’s had passive cooling of the batteries and controlled it vaguely by refusing to accept a charge until the battery cooled down by passive external air flow) took a trip from just outside washington dc to Boston, massachusetts, i think around 900 miles, to visit his 19 year old girlfriend
(“love laughs at Lox myths).

it took around 3.5 days there and back, with at least 2 incidents of the batteries refusing to charge DC Fast charge, as they were way too hot, and the leaf had around 100 miles range full charge.

This was when there were only Model S60’s and 85’s (and a few software constrained S40’s) and Tesla superchargers were few and far between and an S60 didn’t have the range due to lack of charging infrastructure to get from DC to NYC

It’s basically Tesla’s
and from =7 short years ago
Even more OT but reminds me of an old Swedish cover of "24 hours from Telsa" ( oh sorry )
called "15 minuter från Eslöv" about a guy running out of gas on his moped just short of reaching his beloved.

Well, some shorts have certainly run out of "gas" this time, for good maybe. Clutch has been slipped. Let's GOO
Raced past 1200 at close this Monday. Up about $100 only today. So sad really. 😈

I wonder how much the app's features are hidden from non Tesla owners who are using it to charge. If they can see all the things that the app can do if you own a Tesla, they might wish their car could do all that too. Great advertising.

From what I've read, non-Teslas have to start/stop charging from the app as merely plugging/unplugging won't do it. They have to specify which stall they're in as well. Everything's easier (and cheaper) for us Tesla drivers.....and this assumes no reach issues with a non-Tesla charge port.

22nd October - closed above 900 for the first time
25th October - closed above 1,000 for the first time
29th October - closed above 1,100 for the first time
Today - closed above 1,200 for the first time

I know with all the excitement your brains are scrambled, so I've checked for you. That's across only 7 trading days. SEVEN!

And you have to multiply these numbers by 5 to gain the true magnitude of the last trading days.

22nd October - closed above 4500$ for the first time
25th October - closed above 5,000 for the first time (+ 500$ change)
29th October - closed above 5,500 for the first time (+ 500$ change)
Today - closed above 6,000 for the first time (+500$ change)

Unreal.

And after hours it blows by 1200$ with ease - now 1223$....

And you have to multiply these numbers by 5 to gain the true magnitude of the last trading days.

22nd October - closed above 4500$ for the first time
25th October - closed above 5,000 for the first time (+ 500$ change)
29th October - closed above 5,500 for the first time (+ 500$ change)
Today - closed above 6,000 for the first time (+500$ change)

Unreal.

And after hours it blows by 1200$ with ease - now 1223$....
I seriously didn’t think this was possible