Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So much of my wealth is tied up into Tesla. I wish there was something I could do with some of my gains. I’ve always wanted a Ferrari but gas cars are against my religion. Been waiting for my forever delayed Model X Plaid but I doubt I’ll get it within the next 2 years. Same with Roadster. My house is paid off (thanks Spiegel). Thought about rental properties but real estate here in SW Florida pretty much doubled in price since Covid. I don’t like any other stocks. So I sadly sit here, watching my account balance grow 🙁
Have you considered solving world hunger?

Over 3m deck chairs rearranged on the SS Shortzeller this a.m. :p

TSLA Pre-Market Quotes​

Data last updated Nov 02, 2021 09:30 AM ET.
This page will resume updating on Nov 03, 2021 04:00 AM ET.

Consolidated Last Sale$1153.73 -54.86 (-4.54%)
Pre-Market Volume3,025,716
Pre-Market High$1199 (04:00:02 AM)
Pre-Market Low$1125.31 (05:20:46 AM)

TSLA.2021-11-02.09-30.png

Pyrrhic "not-a-victory" for dem shortzes: (moved to the Upper-BB) :p

sc.TSLA.20-DayChart.2021-11-02.10-40.png

Cheers to the Longs!

So is Hertz, Avis, Alamo and Enterprise going to build their own Tesla factory or something? No, they are the going to have to get in line with the rest of us. Because I know for a fact that there are no special deals available for anyone, and no cutting in line, everyone pays the same for their car, every gets their car in the order they were reserved, right?

All this rental car stuff is very good for the image of Tesla and for EVs in general, but - just like Elon tweeted - completely unimportant with regard to the company's near-term financials.

Last edited:
CNBC covering Tesla today, top headline.....

View attachment 728452

Lol!
Everyone is realizing this is actually good news. Hertz is buying at retail and competing with retail buyers to get the cars.

Tesla does not need to give discounts. Everyone even rental cars companies want Tesla vehicles even before tax credits.

So much of my wealth is tied up into Tesla. I wish there was something I could do with some of my gains. I’ve always wanted a Ferrari but gas cars are against my religion. Been waiting for my forever delayed Model X Plaid but I doubt I’ll get it within the next 2 years. Same with Roadster. My house is paid off (thanks Spiegel). Thought about rental properties but real estate here in SW Florida pretty much doubled in price since Covid. I don’t like any other stocks. So I sadly sit here, watching my account balance grow 🙁

I’ve been renting homes at nice spots for 1+ months a shot. Pretty much inverted normal vacation behavior, going home for a few days to take care of business but away other than that.

I’ve resisted buying property because anything I own today would not be as interesting in a few years if TSLA grows as expected.

My CT and Roadster orders have not been working out either. Still holding out for 500 mile range.

Speaking of which, another rental car company could show they’re forward thinking by ordering 50,000 Cybertrucks.

I'm cashing out my moderate ETF positions and going all in on TSLA!
Been holding some ARKK all year but I noticed their steady TSLA sales right after the Q3 Earnings on almost no movement. Seems the timing was off there, but still hopeful it does something soon. I think innovation is harder than Tesla makes it look (understatement of the year).

Been holding some ARKK all year but I noticed their steady TSLA sales right after the Q3 Earnings on almost no movement. Seems the timing was off there, but still hopeful it does something soon. I think innovation is harder than Tesla makes it look (understatement of the year).

Disruptions and pharma stocks are hard.
For Disruption, on paper a lot of companies look good, but most fail.
Pharma/Bio-tech are more like Binary event driven - vaccine/cancer cure massive rewards and if study shows failure big losses.

I had DDD and LendingClub with same ARK disruptive aspirations and lost my shirt on these trades. One of the reasons I avoided ARK.

All in TSLA ... the cream that has risen out of the disruption froth ;)
(+ being all in also has it's own super risks ... )