Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, FINRA reported 60.7% of all retail trades in TSLA were marked "Short" today, which is the highest percentage of shorting by retail since April 15, 2020. Yeah, that's gonna leave a mark. :p
Yep, ShortVolumes reports 64% for today:

1635991811965.png

100% agree...i worked at a private corporate housing company in IT for 8 years, company got sold to a company in Singapore (wanted entry into the US market). Brought in new mgmt and started having meetings to discuss meetings to discuss the meetings we had 2 hours ago. Safe to say, 9 months later, everyone who had built the company left for greener pastures. I left shortly after, even after they gave me a 50% raise to pick up the slack of the ones that had left. $ isn't everything, especially when you dread going to work daily.

This reminded me about hearing recently from a coworker who retired about the same time I did. They called a few days ago to tell me the parent corp is closing the company's site where I worked sometime next year and will be moving operations to their site, 90 miles away.

As it was told, the VP, who started there a few months after I did, is retiring in June 2022 and they can't find anyone in the existing ranks to take his place.

Guess I got out of there just in time. Surely, losing their 24 year one-man IT department (me) wasn't a factor. :rolleyes:

Thank you Elon!

Again!

Brisk buying interest in the After-hrs session: (over 1.5M chairs traded)

View attachment 729068

TSLA After-Hours Quotes​

Data last updated Nov 03, 2021 08:00 PM ET.
This page will resume updating on Nov 04, 2021 04:00 PM ET.
Consolidated Last Sale$1,217.49 +3.63 (+0.30%)
After-Hours Volume1,512,002
After-Hours High$1,218.99 (07:46:37 PM)
After-Hours Low$667.8173 (05:09:13 PM)
Wtf is up with that AH low???

Reactions: JusRelax
agreed. it’s good that elon and him are being a good sports to each other.
but tesla needs engineers, product and manufacturing people, service….their mgmt roster is deepening by the quarter, as seen from those participating in qtrly’s and product reveals - (across all his companies really).

i know some will not like this sentiment, but it’s a stretch to say diess would be a fit at tesla, or even to suggest he’d want to. there’s many more compelling possibilities to ponder than that.

Agreed. Old quarterbacks don't join another team after they retire, they head to the Fox Broadcast booth. :p

Maybe ol'Herbert can get a chair on the Germain equivalent of CNBC.

Cheers!

I wonder how long the upper bollinger band can act as support. I'm no TA expert, but I was not under the impression that this was how it was supposed to work.

Yeah, it's not. That Chart must be using some whacky (non-std) parameters for its Bollinger bands. Here's the ususual chart: (Upper-BB was at $1,234.94 at 4:00 p.m. ET - see the RED line plotted on the chart below)

sc.TSLA.50-DayChart.2021-11-03.20-00.png

Cheers!

What is Uncle Leo's exit strategy? Will he dump shares after a major squeeze? Or does he have his eyes on long-term company performance?
In all his tweets and his interview with Dave Lee...he 'claims' he is long till 2030 and will buy as many as his capital allows him to. Now, we all know that $$ can sway one's decision fairly easily, so let's hope he follows through with his public claims of being a HODLer.

Something really wonderful is happening. Tesla sales are booming. And non-Tesla EV sales are also booming!

Among industry watchers (e.g. Autoline.tv), there was a lot of concern that traditional automakers were introducing too many EVs. This was based on the experience of overpriced short-range EVs like the Nissan Leaf and BMW i3. That people didn't want EVs besides Teslas. But what's actually happening is that all of the good EVs are selling well. The Porsche Taycan is selling well. European market EVs are selling well. The Ford Mach-E is doing well. GM's Cadillac Lyriq and Hummer have solid preorders. And products from startups like Lucid and Rivian look successful too, thought admittedly it's very early.

So the predictions of EV skeptics are not coming to pass. Instead, what's happening is what Elon Musk and us longtime Tesla bulls have always said: that Teslas compete with ICE not with other EVs. And non-Tesla EVs are going to take sales from ICE not from Tesla.

Across the board demand for good EVs is so strong that traditional automakers have shifted from a position of bemoaning government ZEV programs to egging them on.

What is Uncle Leo's exit strategy? Will he dump shares after a major squeeze? Or does he have his eyes on long-term company performance?
In Dave Lee interview with Uncle Leo, he said he's aiming for the long run, like decade long. He believe in the mission. He already have enough money for himself. His ultimate goal is around 100B in profit so he can make big impact (good) with it.

I believe him, seems like a very humble genuine guy.

In Dave Lee interview with Uncle Leo, he said he's aiming for the long run, like decade long. He believe in the mission. He already have enough money for himself. His ultimate goal is around 100B in profit so he can make big impact (good) with it.

I believe him, seems like a very humble genuine guy.
Leo is awesome. Everyone needs to listen to this interview. Now go do your homework!