Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Uptick Rule triggered at $1,046.64

sc.TSLA.10-DayChart.2021-11-09.09-59.png

STILL don't wanna talk about it? :p

Mod: Copyrighted content and the post being quoted have been deleted. --ggr

Elon Musk's extraordinary twitter poll

I would have rated this ‘funny’ if it wasn’t so sad. Poor Robert Reich. His rants come across as a small, petty man who is being forced to watch someone he is painfully envious of, and who possesses far superior intellect, and who is accomplishing things more efficiently and more effectively on a global scale than Robert could do so himself on only a national scale while holding one of the highest of offices in an administration that gave him and his ideas as much support as he needed. Perhaps my conclusions of his tireless attacks that seem to intentionally single-out Elon from a larger field of billionaires is wrong, but I have concluded it is the hurt Robert’s ego is feeling watching Elon succeed without the support of any administration - while taking on the largest forces on the Planet, and doing so with an exponentially larger social media following that hangs on every word, every cryptic post, and effervesces with support 24/7/365 as Robert becomes less relevant every day that has ultimately resulted in his ego lashing out at Elon when that dam burst.

I have concluded that Elon is who Robert had hoped to be - that we are observing a man expressing his anger at seeing the things he wanted to accomplish for the Environment and for the Department of Labor himself in his youth now taking shape more rapidly and more effectively at the hands of another. And Robert’s ego is larger than his desire for the planet to experience that much-needed change. That is why I wished to give a ‘sad’ vote to the previous post.

“The Master puts himself last;
that is why he ends up ahead.
He is detached from all things;
that is why he is one of them.
Because he stays a witness to life,
he is perfectly fulfilled.”
(Tao Te Ching - Chapter 7)

This is my third and hopefully my last post expressing disappointment at the witness of Reich’s attacks on Elon. It is likely the sadness in me that compelled me to put this out there. As I have often posted, I sincerely believe that The Green New Deal in its original form represented one of the greatest opportunities to rapidly right a global sinking ship. Sanders carried that message forward in his campaign, and Robert Reich surprisingly denounced the Centrist policies and administrations he had grown out of and became a very vocal supporter of Sanders. I followed Reich’s comments at the time with enthusiasm, considering him a critical thinker for being able to change his mind about beliefs he previously held quite closely. So it saddens me to watch a previous supporter of The Green New Deal - a supporter that I supported personally for his doing so - now very publicly attack the Planet’s greatest hope of accomplishing everything The Green New Deal stood for. And he is doing so by demanding that Elon give even more of the income he was personally deploying to advance global sustainability to an administration that has literally gutted the benefits and concepts of the Green New Deal to transform it into just another gift to special interests.

I miss the person that I thought you were, Robert.

Last edited by a moderator:
So is everyone still happy with how Elon handled this?

Not sure if this is trolling, or ignorance. Shortzes are jumping on the shares because they can, secure in the knowledge that the SEC does nothing to protect investors. And Hedgies can always blame the victum, and convince the rubes that its their fault.

Have I covered everything? If you're unhappy, sell your shares. Don't try to spread the blame around for your emotional state. The ONLY one in control of that is YOU.

my overall opinion of the Stock market, and my own little boy (TSLA) in the cruel cruel world is becoming more rounded.
The Talking heads have been out in force the last 2 weeks being very complimentary of Elon and TSLA.
This Elon "Stunt" that had a significant factor of the fanboi base upset is even being painted as a very good move by Elon.
It is becoming clear Elon knew the Market Mouthpieces were doing what they were told by the real Wall street controllers So he decided to go ahead and do what he needed to do. And he knew that it would not be attacked like it would have been just a couple of months before.
Oppenhiemer gives a very low-key endorsement to Elon selling.