Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Suggested criteria for determining "Does this political post belong in this thread?"

Out of bounds:
  • Opinionated "should be" statements, including but not limited to the merits and demerits of proposed modifications to tax law, what to do about the "woke mob", the optimal balance of individualism and collectivism in a society, Texan abortion policy, USA vs Europe, national medical care systems, and comparisons to Caribbean dictatorial nations in which Tesla has no current or anticipated market presence.

• Whining/Complaining/Raging about corruption or inanity, perceived or actual

• Whining/Complaining/Raging about the general behavior of individual politicians or parties
In scope:
  • Factual "is" statements, if clearly relevant to Tesla

• Non-judgmental predictions about the probable behavior of politicians pertaining to public policy decisions that may affect Tesla, written in a calm non-inflammatory tone with the relevance explicitly stated if not obvious

• Making fun of Canada. (Everyone knows the USA is the best N American country. Case in point: we have FSD Beta and Elon ;))

Last edited:
from the dataroma site

doing a copy/paste to spreadsheet
looks like 5,833,188 shares sold by Elon Musk for $6,304,129,888 (~1085/share)

from the SEC site S4 data looks like 6,362,875 shares sold for $6,904,766,652 (~$1081/share)

I have _no_ idea of the reason for a discrepancy of ~530,000 shares, but c'est la vie, c'est la mort, c'est la guerre, I trust the SEC form 4 more though as the Feds have teeth to bite with

however per your question of % shares sold, around 6 million of 17 million IF IF tht is the total number to be sold so maybe 35%
Thank you for including the percentage. That is an important part of this equation.

Reactions: Lessmog and cjkosh
1637020128691.png

New investment opportunity, Elon Musk / SpaceX related, but also as an investment in itself

re SpaceX indirect ownership " .. . He managed to get Shift4 to participate in SpaceX's fund-raising round early this year and the company now holds $29.5 million of SpaceX shares at their original purchase price, which has already appreciated "

Follow up on my post from earlier today - disclosure: bought some stock and OCT '22 calls
Thanks , so did I

That would be backwards. any private sales would not be "announced" except on the mandatory SEC form 4's which are, of course, public. And those cannot be filed until the trades have been completed. I can't see the strategy of announcing private sales in advance, at least not in this situation.
Is that a could not (as in illegal) or would not?

Because if would not I don't agree. Do the private sales first. Announce them including the price to assure the market that there were buyers for 10/15/X million of shares at XXXX dollars. And if it's illegal to put them on twitter just wait the two days for the SEC filing to get through anyway.

Then sell the remaining on the market.

The strategy would be that you would not hamstring the market for weeks.

Obviously Elon is well aware of this. The conclusion is that he wants to constrain the market for awhile.