Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not bad... not 1140, but not bad!

Not bad... not 1140, but not bad!
1637360098785.png

• Funny
  • Informative
Reactions: CarlS and mltv
Ooof.. looks like the Rivian delivery drivers need to get some inspiration from Dwayne Johnson this winter.

Amazon drivers have been doing that for a long time now. It's gonna be a lot worse for them now if they can't turn on the heat or air if the efficiency losses start impacting range.

Apologies if someone made this point already...

I think the recent GM/POTUS lovefest is actually a trap for legacy OEMs with all this public aggrandizement of Ford/GM etc. and giving them credit for their leadership it makes it harder for them later when they are ... looking for a bailout, not meeting the objectives as a "leader" .. Tesla is like "A" student , they don't need to be pulled along by the govt ...

and we get the bonus narrative of Tesla still an underdog ....

Yeah, if you want to torture credulity, you could come up with that theory. Here's another one:
  • the Big Three automakers have no battery supply, and won't get enough for >10 yrs
  • they're saddled with legacy ICE investments, Labor contracts, and lack competitive EV tech
  • so, those same Three go to the gov't asking them to declare 'hybrids are EVs', get their life support payments, and get to keep ICE burning while pretending to electrify
How does this end? Tesla cars will be SO MUCH better in 10 years that you won't be able to give away ICE, because Robotaxi is CHEAPER than insurance, plates, and maint. on a FREE ICE.

IE: no Cab driver would take a gas-burner even for free, because it's STILL more expensive than a Tesla.

It's truly the end of the ICE age.

Good riddance.

Sometimes amputation is necessary for the survival of a patient. It could be that best chance of survival is to split the company between EV and legacy.

So, they could spin-off the EV side of the business to shareholder's while leaving all the debt and pensions on the books of the ICE side of the business? Then, when the ICE side goes bankrupt they can tell the pensioner's and debt holders, "We had no idea the transition to EV would be so quick. By our internal projections, our ICE business was still strong until 2035 and most of you would have been dead"?

I don't think that's gonna fly.

Anyone else remember the days where an article like this would cause a 5-10% drop?

Someone may want to suggest to Elon that a 69M$ settlement might be cheaper than the SF court judgement. /inappropriate (sorry ladies)

Why on earth are you people discouraging me from trying to help my friends get rich like most of us are? It’s not like I’m manipulating anyone, they just need more information than what they have. And I have suggested all the sources mentioned above. Clearly I know they are great, but there’s quite a time commitment and maybe somebody needs a little bit of information on a simple spreadsheet so they can look at number comparisons to want to give that time commitment to those videos. This is starting to feel like Reddit, Jeez. I didn’t come to convince anyone here or ask for advise, I’ve made my decision. I simply asked for a source.

Because I've been there, done that. It's pretty hard to change their minds. Only knowing what you have told us, I just think it's a bad idea for other reasons.

I'll definitely tell family and friends that I think it's a gob-smackingly good investment and the longer-term risks are less than many other stocks, and I'll go over the interesting reasons why Tesla is positioned to excel, but I'm not going to sit down with them and start going over financial specifics unless they ask me to. They need to do their own research. It works out better that way. Otherwise, you may as well guarantee their principle. And in that case you are better off buying the stock for them, with your money, and just giving them the gains at a later date with no strings attached.

I'm only just now starting to be able to influence friends and families on stocks and I've run up a 4000x+ lifetime performance before I got there. It's remarkably challenging to convert people that haven't really grown up with this focus or had whatever internal inclination that good investors have to sort through all the bad logic and paranoia and memetic complexes out there.

Last edited:
I know this is off topic, but it did make me think of you guys…

That story is hard to believe. I mean, people would stop on the highway and risk their lives just to pick up a few thousand dollars??

Sounds like a lot of work for how much you could get...

/s

Ok, y'all have got to come over to the numerology club. The signalling of a 5-1 split announcement on Dec 9th and possibly more is getting stronger by the day.