Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Recommend anyone needing a good laugh this weekend should check out:

#MaryLed

James Stephenson, Kim Paquette, and many others are knocking it out of the park on that Twitter site. It’s like The Onion for GM/Mary Led jokes.

1638649514808.png

i initially thought 12/9 (in austin) to be final cybertruck specs reveal, and stretched a bit further to wonder if prod would be pulled forward due to the 4680 tidbits we’ve heard

- “de-risking” of 4680 we heard about in Q3 call from zach,
- machines being delivered on tractor to GF5 (can i use GF5 as the preferred nomenclature for austin?)
- rumblings about Kato Rd increasing production rate

….yes theres a Y backlog, but sooner or later you need to start knocking off rhe 100s of thousands in line for theCT

however, my friend threw cold water on this right away, citing elons comments and supply chain issues on the CT.

but…it’s still my best guess (and hope) for 12/9, as that inherently means that
- 4680s will be on track to be industry standard in a few years as ferragu mentioned on maurer
- tesla will be doubling (at least) battery prod and 3rd party supply YoY in 2022
- many more products on roads/grid
My wild guess about Dec 9 - if anything happens at all - is that a handful of semis are produced and shown.

Does 4 wheel steering bring more alignment and tire wear issues into play? I'm excited about quad motor but not as much about 4 wheel steering. I also don't want Elon making this too complex. We don't need another Model X manufacturing nightmare. Just get them built already.
Let Elon Elon.
Yeah, CT may get delayed. But - that could actually be part of the overall plan.
Making over-the-top tech is a valid excuse for the cybertruck to get delayed, all the while the real hardcore effort is all about ramping Model Y at Texas and Berlin, turning them into great cars and profit gobbling products.

WSJ Article:

Elon Musk Needs China. China Needs Him. The Relationship Is Complicated.

"“Tesla’s position in the domestic Chinese market will be substantially diluted over time through competition and policies to encourage local players,” the analysts said."

Tesla's future success in China will be limited?

I did find the comments about Xi’s motivations for embracing Tesla plausible, intelligent, and superior to how our country thinks. There they say: ‘let’s learn to be the best by inviting the best in to show us and make us do so’. Here we say: ‘what really is best anyway? The important thing is we all participated and everyone came out feeling good’

I do anticipate challenges in China in regard to just how dominant they are allowed to become. They would much prefer a domestic auto maker that they can pull a Jack Ma on if necessary without the entanglements of then getting a starship dropped on their head. Fascism does also come with problems if you prefer rule of law and individual rights.

Reactions: navguy12
The world is going electric, not just because it is better for the environment. It is just simply better, period.

World's first foiling electric boat, Candela C-7

World's first electric tundra buggy (seats 40) (Joint venture between Red River College and Government of Manitoba, Canada)
watch

I’m considering pulling the trigger on a Marian M800.

Just a little shout out to @lafrisbee, just changed my avatar.

WSJ Article:

Elon Musk Needs China. China Needs Him. The Relationship Is Complicated.

"“Tesla’s position in the domestic Chinese market will be substantially diluted over time through competition and policies to encourage local players,” the analysts said."

Tesla's future success in China will be limited?
I just read the article, feels like a typical WSJ hit piece on both Tesla and China. The reality seems like the relationship is a win\win for both parties but the WSJ can’t bring itself to say that.

Reactions: UCF3