Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd put money on Elon's last tranche being sold today, hence the stagnation since about 2 and a half hours ago. Seems most logical given he's sold 2 times this week that the schedule was to wrap it up before Christmas.

We might see something similar to yesterday where the stock accelerated in the last 30 mins after the selling from Elon has subsided.
I think probably both Nasdaq and tsla will have a mini sell off in the last minutes as day traders don’t want to hold for the long weekend

Speed/throughput would be the reason folks would come up with that math I imagine.

1 gas pump can fuel from empty to full 10 or more cars per hour-- Whereas most L3 chargers (esp. non tesla ones) can do...1 car in an hour from near empty to near full.

Now- we know most will charge at home (though some % of the population can't)- and we know it's dumb to charge from empty to full in one go- but those are non-obvious things to those less familiar with EVs.
Biggest issue would be designing an adequate network for peak car travel demand (like 4th July weekend or Hurricane evacuations in Florida). So will need massive charging areas on highways/interstates at certain distances from major Metros that line up with average EV ranges.

Reactions: jerry33 and JRP3
Well my 1100 predictions did not pan out. Do not know why. Was pretty certain it looked like 1100 was calling. Elon, perhaps? Hope so.

Eh, Monday I guess. :p

But one of the 1030s I picked up for 0.50 a piece more than made up for it so don't worry about me. TD got confused by the percentage returns for some reason.

All the best to everyone this holiday season.

20211223 Trade.jpg

I'd put money on Elon's last tranche being sold today, hence the stagnation since about 2 and a half hours ago. Seems most logical given he's sold 2 times this week that the schedule was to wrap it up before Christmas.

We might see something similar to yesterday where the stock accelerated in the last 30 mins after the selling from Elon has subsided.
Tsla was sluggish at opening today. If Elon sold today, it must be at the opening. But I think probably still 2 trenches to go next week

I'd like to see Tesla install chargers at all US interstate rest areas that have room for solar and batteries... and that's pretty much ALL of them, as most rest areas seem to have lots of extra land, or at least plenty of room for solar panel covered canopies and a megapack or two.

This may not be practical yet. Some ballpark numbers:

Average charge rate: 100 kW
Average use time: 10%
Average useful time of insolation: 50%

For one stall you would need 100 kW / 10 * 2 = 50 kW of solar panels. This will cost Tesla $25k per stall, not including batteries and require 4,300 square feet of panels. Twenty stalls would require nearly the area of a Walmart Supercenter. Perhaps the panels could be covered with bullet proof glass but I'd still be concerned about vandalism at these remote locations.

An easier goal would be to put chargers at most of the existing interstate interchanges that already have service facilities. There will be people around and access to the grid. Drivers will feel safer and have more amenities available.

Average charge rate: 100 kW
Where did you get this rate from? Charge curves? I have no hard data to back this up, but anything above 75kW average at Tesla supercharging stations would be surprising to me.

After 10s of thousands of supercharger miles, 100kW average seems wrong to me. Most of the network I use during road trips is old V2, though.