Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Aren't the union companies the ones who treated their employees unfairly? - otherwise they would not have voted to unionize in the first place. Seems to me the non-union businesses must be treating their employees better so they don't unionize in the first place.

I've seen union workers be complete jerks to their employers and to their employer's customers too many times, and concluded long ago that the time for unions has long since passed, and as a practical matter, loudly pro-union political candidates for office are shooting themselves in the foot, to the degree I've stopped supporting them.

@daniel , it sounds like you've bought into much anti-Tesla FUD; do you have any proof about the latest round of accusations about Tesla treating employees poorly?

I come from a union family and I'll always support unions. But I don't want to derail from Tesla & TSLA onto a side issue. I love it that Tesla is making electric cars mainstream and I love my Tesla and the one I had before it. I'm still long on TSLA even though I sold some shares a while back when I thought they were too high. I do not like Musk as a person. I'll leave it at that.

I don't think I can keep up with this thread. More posts than I have time to read. All my best to everyone.

Fed minutes

1. Supply chain easing in foreign markets
2. Construction supply chain issue still persist
3. Will be more aggressive if inflation continues spike without easement
4. Expecting inflation to taper once supply chain issue ease
5. Possible inflation easement through via technology(Cathie Wood theory)
6. Some members express that clear communication/being dovish vs being unpredictable and hawkish will be good for the overall market/economy (no rug pull).
7. Borrowing are mainly seen an increase from prime loans vs subprime loans.
8. Expects 1Q GDP growth to be down vs Q4 2021, but sees it easing 2H of 2022.

Basically reiterating what was said before, easing out of fed's accommodation to the market.

Do you trust someone that you know lies to you 50% of the time?

Why so many people in this thread still want to trust and defend journalists is beyond my understanding. The media exists to make money and as a propaganda machine for govts and monetary interests. Always has. Believing it exists simply to tell facts or the truth to educate and inform people is a fairy tale.
50% is the worst, can't trust.

A person who lies to me 100% of the time on the other hand is a very trustworthy/reliable person. I would know what to believe after listening to them.

As well as the recent revelation that shorts are being probed by the DoJ, along comes news that large banks block trading firms are also under investigation for illegal actions:

I do not like Musk as a person. I'll leave it at that.

Newer TMC members may be surprised that Elon was somewhat unpopular on this board in the early years of Tesla. It was before my time on TMC, but you can find old posts very supportive of Martin Eberhard and disparaging Elon during the conflict at that time. I don't think Elon started to get really popular here until the Model S came out and the stock started taking off.

As well as the recent revelation that shorts are being probed by the DoJ, along comes news that large banks block trading firms are also under investigation for illegal actions:

Excellent. I feel that the dark pools are a danger to the function of the stock markets. Personally, I'd suggest the ban stick on them. Big banks want public traded entities so they can do all sorts of financial shenanigans but then don't want to trade in a visible manner. Well...it's not really public then is it. Sure anyone can buy...but what are you really buying?

If I am GM, and I lose money on each one...why would I want to produce any vehicles that could potentially takes parts from the hummer...that probably should make money at 6 figures? The whole bolt brand is tainted, what dealer will want to stock these, and what consumer will want to put in an order?
As long as there are ZEV credits that can be used to offset the profitable heavy ICEV's pathetic milage penalties, it behooves them to build the compliance Bolt. I actually interpreted the BBB plan as another instrument to prolong GM's bankruptcy by giving the full tax credit to vehicles with >40kWh batteries. This would allow them to increase the number of vehicles with the same amount of batteries. I fully expected GM to announce a Volt replacement hybrid to take advantage. The latest spec on the Hummer was around 250kWh battery which would get equal 6 - 40kWh hybrids. I'm not sure of the wording on the ZEV credits if it's based on battery size or just a binary result of yes, the car qualifies or no, it doesn't.
Sadly many years too late. They had a lengthy and strong effort to kill tesla from many angles, sure the FUD continues but Tesla is beyond their reach now, but had they killed tesla in 2017/18 etc this wouldnt have brought it back.
Selfishly speaking, I for one am grateful for the years of artificially depressing the stock. It allowed me to accumulate gobs of shares that would otherwise have been much more valuable, therefore I would have fewer. It has allowed me to retire early and live on options gambling which prolongs filing for Social Security. And for that, the TSLAQ and Einhorns, and Smeagols, and Chanos's have been "berry berry good to me".
Rant on:
But..........I would give back everything if the smear campaign were to work and put Tesla out of business. Only now do we realize how close they came to succeeding in pulling off what I feel would have been one of the biggest crimes against humanity in my lifetime. Time will prove me right.
It also pains me to see what Elon went through during those times and wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. What he has been through would have destroyed most CEO's and most assuredly the scumbags that caused it.
Rant off.

The latest spec on the Hummer was around 250kWh battery which would get equal 6 - 40kWh hybrids. I'm not sure of the wording on the ZEV credits if it's based on battery size or just a binary result of yes, the car qualifies or no, it doesn't.

Speaking of which…

Speaking of which…

Its the kind of vehicle you make when you are not worried about sales.

If they say "I am a fan of Tesla", would I be right to believe that they are not a fan of Tesla?
No (or at least, probably not).

<me being pedantic>
There are really 3 states here:

I am a fan
I am indifferent / neutral to Tesla.
I am not a fan / dislike Tesla

I think that most readers would not interpret the conclusion to jointly encompass both other states (both dislike as well as neutrality).

Generally speak I've found that most seemingly binary states, at least in data modeling, are really positive / not-positive rather than positive / negative.

• Funny
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Its the kind of vehicle you make when you are not worried about sales.
That was my first reaction. My followup conclusion is that this is the vehicle you build to reach a very specific market that isn't currently addressed by an electric vehicle. We know that it will be niche, but that was also the case with Model S.

A different way to look at it - for the family / individual that really wants a Hummer style vehicle, would you rather they be driving this, or a diesel Hummer (I assume all other Hummers are diesel).

I vote for this. Even if the engineering on this appears to be 5 dollops brute force and then the recipe got lost.

Speaking of which…

I've brought this point up before in the EV forum. These behemoths are going to be moving road hazards in two seriously dangerous ways, ridiculous mass will crush everything in its way and the fire potential is off the charts. These idiots still have not figured out how to contain runaway conditions in their batteries.