Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That was my first reaction. My followup conclusion is that this is the vehicle you build to reach a very specific market that isn't currently addressed by an electric vehicle. We know that it will be niche, but that was also the case with Model S.
Not exactly. The S caused many people to purchase it who would never have considered a car in that price range. I'm pretty sure the Hummer won't.

I dare say they made the combination even worse. It's 3K pounds heavier than the ICE and now with what like 1000hp? The old one wasn't fast so it at least limited what stupid things you could do with it. This one... it's like all the things that were bad about it were multiplied and then some.
It will really be amusing when/if Superchargers are open to these monsters.

Talking about the hummer is one of the few things that hasnt been deemed off topic yet. Give it a couple hours though and it'll make it on the list.
Mod: consider it deemed off-topic, especially since there's a separate thread for competing BEVs.

I've been doing too much moderation recently. Please, everyone, think before posting or replying in this thread.
--ggr

us, this often leads them to invest in companies that destroy the environment and place our planet in greater peril (such as fossil fuel companies), because doing so can be quite profitable, at least in the short term.
And IMO it is very likely that those Fossil Fuel companies are bad investments because revenues, dividends and the share prices are perhaps on the cusp of being disrupted. The outcome is certain, even if the timing isn't certain.

The smart money has probably already moved. Funds are often slow to move, just because they have a lot of money to move.
People can move funds, faster than the funds can move money.

After the inevitable disruption and the stranding of assets, comes probable lawsuits which Hoover up the scant remaining breadcrumbs.
Soon or later, all of those Fossil Fuel companies are worth a very easy to remember nice round number.

I'm surprised how many people blindly trust funds, and don't consider where the fund is investing the money. Normally that is a "safe enough" practice, but these are not normal times.

However, there are ethical funds with no Fossil Fuel exposure, that is the smart each way bet.

This thread is fun on sideways-trading days.

FTFY. :p

TSLA.2022-02-16.14-30.Hi.png

Whees!

Well that's a strange day for the SP. Super low volume with some afternoon buying capped by 2x500k pushdowns. I guess the float is mighty tight, yet there's limited interest in buying or selling. Sounds about right!

NASDAQ has published TSLA Short Interest data. Total SI was up about 1.6M shares between Jan 14 - 31, 2022. This corresponds strongly with the post-earnings slump, which is now confirmed as short-selling induced, artificial drop.

Also implies temporary. ;)

Cheers!

That was my first reaction. My followup conclusion is that this is the vehicle you build to reach a very specific market that isn't currently addressed by an electric vehicle. We know that it will be niche, but that was also the case with Model S.

A different way to look at it - for the family / individual that really wants a Hummer style vehicle, would you rather they be driving this, or a diesel Hummer (I assume all other Hummers are diesel).

I vote for this. Even if the engineering on this appears to be 5 dollops brute force and then the recipe got lost.
It's a grotesque parody of an EV--uniquely American in its massive bloat. Even Arnold would (I hope) turn away from it.