Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know when the 5M shares that Elon recently donated to charity can be sold? I have to wonder if these shares coming into the market could be causing some of the recent underperformance.

If the charity had any brains, they would hold onto it for a while. And there’s no tax reason to sell.

You express fear of the unknown and fear of the worst your imagination can conjure. That kind of fear is almost always bigger than its britches and simply doesn’t deserve acknowledgement.

I say, bring it! They should do their damnedest and in doing so must expose their evil. Let’s see their hand.

In the end, people will either stand up for the good guy or they won’t. Without hope we have nothing to live for. Even, I, with barely a shred of faith in mankind, clings to hope.

I think you are too optimistic on the nature of human. Looking at how divided our country is, there seems to be (at least) two (opposite) versions of every fact/truth. People (and countries) seem to act based on their bias/value system than on equality and honesty.
I hope I am wrong!

It's not baffling. TSLA stock was priced for perfection and now we have; Berlin not going as planned, war breaking out, hostile gov. agencies, end of Covid relief, rising interest rates and competition coming. Of course I'm joking about the last one but most people still believe that.
TSLA is NOT priced for perfection. At $1200/share, sure there’s a lot good execution expected. Even then though, it wasn’t priced for perfection. Priced for perfection is having a multiple that will take 10+ years to achieve. Tesla at this price will grow past its multiple by the the end of this year. At 1200/share, it would have only taken 2-3 years for Tesla to grow into its valuation

That’s not the characteristics of a stock that is priced for perfection

It's not baffling. TSLA stock was priced for perfection and now we have; Berlin not going as planned, war breaking out, hostile gov. agencies, end of Covid relief, rising interest rates and competition coming. Of course I'm joking about the last one but most people still believe that.
TSLA has never been priced for perfection. It has always been undervalued by a lot.

TSLA has never been priced for perfection. It has always been undervalued by a lot.
Me, you, Starfox and everyone on this forum may have that opinion but not the market as a whole. If the market as a whole (people like Gary Black represent) believe Tesla is priced for perfection at 1200, then you add the factors that I listed above...

• Helpful
Reactions: RabidYak
Sanctions being officially announced. We shall see how market responds.
I can't help but feel that the market will go up quite a lot the day after actual combat begins (if it does).

Timely enough, I just got finished reading Peter Lynch's book and he addresses this very same thing. TLDR, life goes on and these end of the world events have been nothing of the sort. The Cuban Missile Crisis was far riskier than what is happening in Ukraine.
unnamede456.jpg

Me, you, Starfox and everyone on this forum may have that opinion but not the market as a whole. If the market as a whole (people like Gary Black represent) believe Tesla is priced for perfection at 1200, then you add the factors that I listed above...
No, even at 1200/share, Tesla’s forward P/E would be 150. That’s not priced for perfection by any means…..especially for a company that’s growing earnings much higher than that multiple.

Again, priced for perfection is a stock that needs 10 years at minimum to grow into its current valuation

Germany: "We are very concerned about global warming! Somebody help!"

Tesla: "We will build a massive EV factory near Berlin to to help slow global warming"

Germany: "Yeah but future global warming means we can only give water rights to the most worthwhile projects. Not sure about your slow global warming project"

Last edited:
There's no volume, so any MM who can short without limit can do so quite safely. We're definitely in the chicken game now!
800 will likely be the bottom (maybe a small dip below).
Why?

I only have NYSE LVL2 Market data. But we have ~75k shares buy-ordered at 800. ALL sell-orders i can see (at NYSE) in TOTAL up to 1000 (i left out those fantasy 8k+ orders ;) ) are only 65k on the sell-side.

Nothing MM can't dip throuh - but will be expensive. So i guess we get further attempts at breaking 800 to then collect all shares from people having stop-losses at those big-round-numbers. We very often see this with MM in control. Naked short to create a dip that let the stop-losses fire, cover the shorts at 2-3$ difference within seconds/minutes. Transferring money from retail to MM ;)

But now that i wrote it we will surely fall through 800 like butter & hit 720 or something crazy.. :/

Germany: "We are very concerned about global warming! Somebody help!"

Tesla: "We will build a massive EV factory near Berlin to to help slow global warming"

Germany: "Yeah but future global warming means we can only give water rights to the most worthwhile projects. Not sure about your slow global warming project"
LOL same for nuclear! Lets get natural gas from Russia and stop nuclear! This way we are tied to foreign influence and will not help the environment. Brain hurts thinking how this would happen.

Last edited: