Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
sustained TSLA short selling has now reached its highest level in my dataset (-Jan 31, 2020 or 25 mths of FINRA data):

View attachment 776453

Today's Short Sales percentage (as reported by FINRA) was:

53.7%​

Shorting at this level is back into a more normal range, ranking at the 54th Percentile vs sample data going back to Jan 31, 2020.

Today's Intraday SP range of 3.8% was also the lowest since Feb 16, 2022. Here's the Realtime TSLA SP for Fri, Mar 04, 2022:

TSLA.2022-03-04.16-00.png

You will though. It's appropriate to praise him when he does well and criticize when not. This is not religious doctrine or a cult which can't be criticized.
I know I will because people just can’t stop themselves from ragging on others.

I don’t think it’s appropriate, anymore than if you criticized a stranger on the street for their choice of shoes.

It’s got nothing to do with a religious doctrine or a cult. It has to do with minding your own store before thinking it’s your right or place to comment on other’s.

To be clear, I’m referencing the personal aspect. You want to criticize a business decision and back it up with facts of how it negatively impacts the company; that’s appropriate for this thread.

Criticizing his personal view on a truck convoy and the actions taken by a government (a situation, which btw, wasn’t completely nor honestly reported on by US media) is just swinging around an irrelevant opinion to hear yourself/see yourself in print. A shoulder shrug is appropriate.

To be clear, I’m referencing the personal aspect. You want to criticize a business decision and back it up with facts of how it negatively impacts the company; that’s appropriate for this thread.
Unfortunately we can't pick and choose which of his actions affect the company, they all do.

@Artful Dodger et al

weekend viewing material:
part 1 rehashes GME fiasco, snippets of inaccuracy, more about good vs evil altruism

pert 2 is more compelling. naked short selling is the focus.

- lots of reference material to research in part 2

Last edited:
@Artful Dodger et al

weekend viewing material:
part 1 rehashes GME fiasco, snippets of inaccuracy, more about good vs evil altruism

pert 2 is more compelling. naked short selling is the focus.

- lots of reference material to research in part 2

You will though. It's appropriate to praise him when he does well and criticize when not. This is not religious doctrine or a cult which can't be criticized.

I think you missed the meaning of the cat person's point (which is valid, IMO). Which was that Elon's tweets that cause conservatives to warm up to Elon are not mistakes, they are essential to the mission. It's important for Elon to position himself and Tesla to succeed in dramatic fashion as volumes ramp into millions per year. The bigger the market for all those cars, the longer it takes Tesla to start bumping into demand constraints and the more quickly the mission will succeed.

In other words, why would you criticize tweets made by Elon that are setting Tesla up to carry out the mission more quickly, even if some of those tweets are not necessarily aligned with dogma that you personally hold close to your heart. Because not everyone has a world view that aligns with yours, and no one person has a monopoly on the correct world view. The world is complicated. The comments after that article show that Elon's public persona is building popularity, in direct opposition to the naysayers who can't see past their own personal world views.

I think it's high time that the people who constantly refer to pro-Tesla people as a 'cult' or attribute their views as 'religious doctrine' take a step back and realize it may not be that. It may be based on the big picture using pragmatic thinking around the best way to accelerate the transition to sustainable energy and transport. And with current world events, that should be near the forefront of anyone's mind who cares about the future of humanity. It's about removing humanity from the damaging effects of a dependency upon fossil fuels. This cannot be accomplished by liberals strong-arming conservatives. They need to be on our side, at least on the issue of sustainable energy.

Last edited:
Unfortunately we can't pick and choose which of his actions affect the company, they all do.

Thank our good fortune that Elon is still in charge of his personal image and tweets, not some members of this forum who would have him create a PR department to make car ads while ensuring that every tweet is 100% politically correct and doesn't offend the 'woke' crowd.

Sheesh!

The 2nd part of that tweet is one of those classic Elon tweets thats an exaggeration which doesn’t exactly line up with reality…..gas prices would have to drop by at least 50%, if not more, for it to even modesty hurt demand for Teslas or energy storage. Considering Tesla is mostly sold out around the world for the year, gas prices could drop and it wouldn’t hurt Tesla at all

Besides the fact that if the US started pumping out more oil and natural gas now, it would take many months before that affect would start to show up in gas prices. There’s also the fact that the price of oil and thus gasoline is just a much about sentiment dynamics as it is actually supply. The fear of tight inventory can send prices higher even if current supply is fine and never actually tightens

Yes in a time like this when you need to take away the only strength of leader gone mad, pump the oil and natural gas…..but Russia only accounts for 10% of oil production. We’re not taking Saudi Arabia here

Last edited:
Russia only accounts for 10% of oil production. We’re not taking Saudi Arabia here
They both roughly produce and export the same. ~10+ million barrels per day production and ~7.5 million barrels in exports. Saudi is all crude exports, and Russian exports are a third refined product