Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is all clear as mud. This local Brandenburg paper seems to be saying that Tesla's water supply is in jeopardy today.

1646425536578.png

More from this article:

Environmental groups achieve partial victory​

On Friday evening, the administrative court partially granted a lawsuit by the environmental associations Green League and Nabu. They complained that the approval of water law by the State Office for the Environment (LfU) for the Eggersdorf waterworks was not correct from an administrative point of view.

In February 2020, the Strausberg-Erkner Water Association (WSE) received approval to pump an additional 1.2 million cubic meters of water per year via the waterworks. The total output increased to around 3.6 million cubic meters per year.

That also had something to do with Tesla. The request for higher funding was made immediately after the announcement of the Tesla settlement in November 2019. The WSE had previously warned that it would be forced to terminate the supply contract with Tesla if the permit were overturned. This is exactly what could happen now.

My guess is that for future expansions the Germans will find a quicker way to transport more water to the area given the potential jobs and the urgency of energy security as a result of the war.

Yeah, the actual solution is so simple and elegant: reduce the 100M m^3 annual allotment to the coal mine. Tesla needs another 2M? Give the mine 98M. How much are they wasting, anyway?

Germany says it plans to be carbon neutral by 2050, right? That's 28 years. So reduce the coal mines' water allocation by 3M m^3 per year, and redistribute the water to renewable development in the water resource region. Giga Berlin will only need ~5M m^3 per year by the time all 4 phases are built out and producing at scale later in the 2020s. There is PLENTY of wasser in Grünheide.

So problem solved, right? But that's not what the faux 'enviros' want. What they actually want is to slow down Telsa, especially in any future expansion, to limit their total production (no growth!), and finally to increase their costs with endless litigation. You know, to discourage any other businesses considering setting up shop in Brandenberg that don't make ICE cars.

The Courts are separate in Germany, and they are being played (hard) by these faux 'enviros'. Governments seem unable to limit their powers. Perhaps some enterprising investigative journalist could discover where all this 'enviro' funding originates. That might stiffen the resolve of the Goverment, and cause them to act in a timely fashion. Sometimes sunlight is the best disinfectant.

Cheers!

This is all clear as mud. This local Brandenburg paper seems to be saying that Tesla's water supply is in jeopardy today.

View attachment 776795

More from this article:

This is all clear as mud. This local Brandenburg paper seems to be saying that Tesla's water supply is in jeopardy today .

View attachment 776795

More from this article:
Water secured 🫤

View attachment 776795

More from this article:

Not according to Alex. It has to be rectified but the court decided not to overturn the approval.

Having said that, this country is by far the most incompetent of any of the top tier countries I've ever seen.

Not according to Alex. It has to be rectified but the court decided not to overturn the approval.

Having said that, this country is by far the most incompetent of any of the top tier countries I've ever seen.
They have to go through the hearing of appeals again, but water can't be shut off. About a year from now rhis will get the final, final, final approval 🤪

OK, straight up, I'm NOT wanting this to be interpreted as a political post, so please don't take it as such.

Specifically, I want people to look at the COMMENTS SECTION of this article, about how tons of people on the opposite political side of most on this forum have been impressed by Musk and view him in a much better light. Some even report recently buying a Tesla specifically because of his actions.

Specifically because of Elon's actions, Tesla products are appealing to a much broader audience. THAT is very VERY bullish for TSLA if you ask me!
Besides bullish, it negates all the hand wringing and fear mongering that he’s destroying the company with his tweets. I don’t want to hear another peep about it.

Regardless of what comes out of his mouth or fingertips, he’s predominantly adding value to Tesla & TSLA, but more importantly doing good for all of us. He cares greatly to do the right thing even when he’s being lambasted by hateful, jealous, irrelevant people.

Oh, it's Pretty Clear: it's a story released 1 hr before the Close on an Options Expiry Friday, and recommending that the danger is TODAY. Like the Court was meeting at 9 pm local time on Friday...

Ahaha, I guess you CAN buy this *sugar*. Journalism, right?

:p

Considering Tesla wants 100 grand to install solar plus batteries on my house, I’ll take that deal. Rooftop solar NEVER pays back on my house.
The biggest array Tesla sells(19.2kW) plus 2 Powerwall costs $57k in Palm Bay, FL.

Just the solar is $40k, then 26% tax credit for a net cost of $30k.

If you really needed that much juice, a 10yr loan would probably have you saving money on day 1 (after $4k down payment).

The biggest array Tesla sells(19.2kW) plus 2 Powerwall costs $57k in Palm Bay, FL.

Just the solar is $40k, then 26% tax credit for a net cost of $30k.

If you really needed that much juice, a 10yr loan would probably have you saving money on day 1 (after $4k down payment).
Unless you get a commercial system .
40kW for $82k after federal rebates. Be nice of one could still get a powerpack, megapack is a bit overkill. Unless you go with the 240kW system for $309k.

• Funny
Reactions: FireMedic
Unless you get a commercial system .
40kW for $82k after federal rebates. Be nice of one could still get a powerpack, megapack is a bit overkill. Unless you go with the 240kW system for $309k.
That's about $2.75/W vs Tesla Energy's standard $2.01/W for home installs. Even at $2.75/W you should be able to squeeze out some savings.

I'm sure it's different in FL, but in PA state and local govrs bend over backwards to finance and otherwise shave the cost of commercial solar. CPACE is what I hear about most.

That's about $2.75/W vs Tesla Energy's standard $2.01/W for home installs. Even at $2.75/W you should be able to squeeze out some savings.

I'm sure it's different in FL, but in PA state and local govrs bend over backwards to finance and otherwise shave the cost of commercial solar. CPACE is what I hear about most.
Another thread please

Oh, it's Pretty Clear: it's a story released 1 hr before the Close on an Options Expiry Friday, and recommending that the danger is TODAY. Like the Court was meeting at 9 pm local time on Friday...

Ahaha, I guess you CAN buy this *sugar*. Journalism, right?

Yeah, surprise (not). It was Bloomberg that started the false rumor just before the Close. How does the SEC get paid?

Besides bullish, it negates all the hand wringing and fear mongering that he’s destroying the company with his tweets. I don’t want to hear another peep about it.
You will though. It's appropriate to praise him when he does well and criticize when not. This is not religious doctrine or a cult which can't be criticized.

Reactions: BrownOuttaSpec