Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great explanation, thanks!

It does feel too good to be true but I double checked the math and it looks correct. So it really comes down to how reliable the Experian registration data is for estimating sales.

Earnings per share for Q1 should be somewhere around $3.50 at this rate!
Another caveat is that Shanghai could have had a couple down days in March that we wouldn’t know about.

So overall I’m tempering my expectations to 335k.

Nothing since 2:32? What's going on??
C954A2E0-0DD0-4300-A910-87F4E82FBF93.gif

2D376B0D-3514-4DA0-8059-B033CBC21536.jpeg

Last edited:
Deep down this certainly feels like just the sort of karma that many dealers (stealers?) have earned for all the discomfort they have caused mankind over the decades. ;)

Tesla's pioneering the direct-sales model epitomizes Elon's wonderful quote, "The best part is no part, the best process is no process," by removing the slimy, torturous ordeal of wrangling the price of a car from the equation.

Seeing more and more whining and legislative responses to this model from the dealer cartels in so many states is BAF!

If a car salesman's motto is "Do unto others, then split" I think they have reached that crucial moment to exit stage left.

HODL!

Last edited:
Silly but fun, I sold the 25 chairs in premarket that I bought near bottom yesterday. So am I buying them back again today? I don't know if it's day trading when I place a sell order then go to bed, but I just can't pass up a good deal. At least it puts some excitement into watching it drop, this is all so cheap!

topsy-turvy world in denial
competition Recalls are called updates
Tesla updates are called recalls
They are different.

NHTSA is not showing any recent software related Taycan recall campaigns (last was for hazard lights Oct 13th), so that does look to be a non-recall update.
Tesla has addressed recall campaigns via OTA updates; however, normal Tesla updates are not called recalls.

Chicken Genius provides analysis of the current state of affairs, along with his plans based upon his concerns.

TLDW:
Key takeaways, he has two investment portfolios, Long-term and Itchy-fingers.
  • He is HODLing his long-term stocks, knowing that over the next few years TSLA (and others) will hold up well, despite the turmoil due to recent events.
  • He is selling his short term Itchy-fingers stock holdings and considering other plays that traditionally favor this sort of environment.