Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The YOY comparisons are finally getting to where the economy was actually open. Little publicized and only mentioned here and there in passing... of course the YOY inflation would look high compared to the time period during COVID Lockdown. While the headline number was still positive if I remember correctly, commodities and oil had been crushed. The YOY comparisons going forward should shed a lot more light on the actual trajectory of inflation.

It’s much more than being just a rebound from COVID.

There has been almost as much inflation in the last year as there was in the entire 2015-2020 period.
084C5D27-6DE0-4A22-A0C5-B9ED3E613013.jpeg

I'm an oil person. And based on watching oil markets, this inflation is 80% horseshit. Hoarding, manipulation, gargantuan but temporary supply disruptions.....all legit, but should have a fleeting impact.

There's too much cash, that's the only real problem. Nothing is truly scarce, and that's the basis for inflation.
My cost of living says the claimed inflation is way less then it really is. My life experience is that these types of things are never one-off spikes. We are in for at least another year of hyperinflation.

I'm selling a house in June and expect to net between 350 and 400K.

Question:
If you knew you were coming into a large sum of cash in 3 months, what TSLA price would you consider so tempting you would make a large TSLA purchase, on margin, to front run receiving the cash?

The price right now at 775 is too high, especially with all the uncertainty in the world right now and since I don't have a clear picture yet of how smoothly the sale will go. I'd love to hear some thought process from you on this.

The LR X is now $30k more ($119.4) than the model X I bought in 2020 ($89.4k). In fact the price is closer to the LR model Y ($70.4k).

All configured the same. 7 seats, black interior, white paint, standard wheels.

I’m psyching myself up for $100k quad motor cybernotatruck.

If CT keeps getting delayed, I’ll have covered call premiums to cover the price increases :)

March 22 nd .... Berlin Opening and deliveries ..... 7 days
April 4th, 5th ... Q1 production numbers .... 20 days
April 7th ... GF Austin festivities ..... 22 days

All within next 30 days, I am sure MM are aware as well ...
(+ intelligent shorts, MM would be unwinding some of their winning trades prior to these events ...
unless they want to experience the short burn again ;) )

At open I decided to deploy most of the cash I had sitting on the sidelines. Volatility isn't over for sure but barring some new global problem (I see you 2020 decade), feels like all the bad stuff is priced in.

Oil taps will be running at full blast all year and as we are seeing with India, there is always someone who will buy cheap oil which decreases pressure on prices for everyone else.

the Negative wealth effect may well do more to moderate inflation than a 2% fed fund rate.
Perhaps a more correct statement is the speculation of the fed fund rate has more of an impact to inflation than what the actual fed fund rate will be. It's the fear of the unknown (20 rate hikes? who knows? lets throw random numbers out) that caused the negative wealth effect in the market.

My cost of living says the claimed inflation is way less then it really is. My life experience is that these types of things are never one-off spikes. We are in for at least another year of hyperinflation.
You have no idea what the term hyperinflation means, when you write like that. In hyperinflationary times, it is cheaper to take a taxi than it is a street bus. 99 TeslaPoints for the first to explain why, but @jbcarioca cannot play.

You have no idea what the term hyperinflation means, when you write like that. In hyperinflationary times, it is cheaper to take a taxi than it is a street bus. 99 TeslaPoints for the first to explain why, but @jbcarioca cannot play.
Because by the time you get to the store in the bus, the prices have increased more than the extra cost for the taxi.

Tremendous spoofing at $770 just now - a number of relatively large sell orders (from 1,100 - 1,300) brought TSLA down very quickly. There is a 1,000 share sell order at $770 being put and pulled, which is effectively capping as I type this.
As frustrating as it is to watch the games of the spoofers, it is so much fun to watch when they get steamrolled. (-;