Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wait! What's this so-called "weekend" thing?

Having celebrated the first anniversary of retirement this week, for the past year every day has been a Saturday.

It does seem odd how there is more movement in the SP on some Saturdays compared to others, but, I'm not going to spend much time fretting over these minor details. :cool:
Congrats. Celebrating my three-month anniversary today. 🥂

4E8D74E2-4966-444D-B28B-D631CF132CE9.gif

I'm going to watch closely for signs that China is aiding Russia, I presume a tit for tat agreement of Russia/Ukraine and China/Taiwan. It could lead to a *real* fight between China and the 'West'. Even hints of it will roil the markets.

I don't see anything else that could derail Tesla.
China indicates they will not send military weapons to Russia.

Random thoughts.

All in podcast 72 just came out. Still no episode 69 - very likely will be Elon. Elon has put off because he doesn't want to talk about the war too much presumably. Unless...

Elon wants to talk about the war on his terms. Maybe he is issuing Master Plan Part 3 in response to the war. Part 3 can't affect the war directly but perhaps could assist Putin and Xi see the future more clearly. Plus also prevent further wars.
  1. Further clarify that oil is on the way out - megapacks, M2 etc.
  2. Add Starlink to vehicles (Elon's belief in Starlink's force for good will now have been confirmed and he is ready to double down)
  3. Cybertrucks re-accelerated
  4. Solar cells on vehicles
  5. Single large solar cell with a battery as a product for camping / running Starlink etc.
  6. etc.
Elon could use the podcast to communicate the plan more clearly. Probably completely off here but you never know with Elon.

Random thoughts.

All in podcast 72 just came out. Still no episode 69 - very likely will be Elon. Elon has put off because he doesn't want to talk about the war too much presumably. Unless...

Elon wants to talk about the war on his terms. Maybe he is issuing Master Plan Part 3 in response to the war. Part 3 can't affect the war directly but perhaps could assist Putin and Xi see the future more clearly. Plus also prevent further wars.
  1. Further clarify that oil is on the way out - megapacks, M2 etc.
  2. Add Starlink to vehicles (Elon's belief in Starlink's force for good will now have been confirmed and he is ready to double down)
  3. Cybertrucks re-accelerated
  4. Solar cells on vehicles
  5. Single large solar cell with a battery as a product for camping / running Starlink etc.
  6. etc.
Elon could use the podcast to communicate the plan more clearly. Probably completely off here but you never know with Elon.

Here's Rob Maurer's (of Tesla Daily) take on Master Plan Part 3: (it's all about AI)

Master Plan, Part 3 (preview).jpg

Here’s Tesla’s Master Plan Part 3 (I Think) | Tesla Daily on Youtube

I do expect Elon to reiterate the goals in MP1/2 (esp. Tesla Energy and MegaPack), but the rest is all about AI, according to Rob. I tend to agree.

Cheers!

Last edited:
My wife, Michelle has been trading $TSLA price swings in a 7-digit all-Tesla Roth IRA (with Roth "margin" [no loans just don't have to wait for cash settlement]) for almost 2 years now. On Friday, she and I decided after the +18% run-up in one week that $900 for $TSLA (triple options expiration) with ~$900 "max pain" inflicted by the Market Makers on the options traders was a good short term sell price ($901.88). Thus we moved this entire account to cash before the closing bell. We had also decided we didn't want to be sitting on this pile of shares over the weekend, fearing that Putin Hitler would "double down" on his Ukrainian war crimes. Now, we've never sat on so much cash before, so it feels weird to me. She says, "cash is king!"

We still have more shares than this Roth in other accounts, including all our shares with a $6-$10 split-adjusted basis from 2011-2012. The wife thinks $TSLA will see < $800 again, so if/when that happens, we'll capture ~12% extra shares.

I figure that "worst case" if this proves to be bad timing, it will give us an opportunity to finally diversify away from our 80% $TSLA position concentration. If $TSLA runs up away from $900, then we'll just load up on some of the beaten-down large cap tech stocks at the appropriate time and ride them back up, instead.

I'm evaluating TD Ameritrade's "Think or swim" desktop trading platform to replace Fidelity's Active Trader Pro. Would anyone using it care to share the most useful features for you? It seems to have a very steep learning curve!

Thanks!
Russ

WRT Master Plan, Part 3: The old Scott McNealy saying "put all your wood behind one arrow" comes to mind. If Tesla starts getting too diversified, they risk having a bunch of underperforming divisions competing for resources. One might argue we are already seeing this with Solar.

Though Larry Ellison might point out that eventually McNealy was stuck with the wrong arrow...

Is that not a homemade hydrogen LNG car? Why fill up from under the hood? If this is production and filling up normally at a public station, holy*sugar* that is bad and will need to recall all...errr....10 of them! ;)
Nearly every Brazilian taxi. The aftermarket installations put the tanks under the chassis behind rear axle or in the trunk. They’re crude, and normally fill with attachment under beside the engine. Bizarrely accidents are pretty rare. I have never seen one and I pass one of the large filling stations multiple times every day.
The only modest redeeming value is that the mods do require approval and at least annual inspections in most, if not all, Brazilian States, I only know for certain for Rio de Janeiro and Minas Gerais.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's absolutely nothing to gain from China helping the Russians. The Chinese doesn't even like the Russians as workers from China are treated poorly due to discrimination in Russia. They always thought of themselves as superior people. Xi is just looking for profits while maintaining an understanding between all parties. There's also not much to gain for the Russians to stop fighting so peace is also not in Xi's best interest. It's pretty sweet now that they can buy oil in Yuan instead of dollars at a discount.

Best course of action, do a whole lot of nothing and keep watching Putin shooting himself in the foot.
If he was only just shooting himself 😢 (but I understand what you are saying).

Reactions: EVCollies and JRP3