Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All the dangers of hydrogen are well known(see BestinTesla on H2 on the stupidity) but this recent accident where both vehicles burst into flames killing 9 people show just how dangerous gasoline is. Yet hundreds of ICE vehicles catch fire daily and no news while a Tesla get all coverage for a nothing burger in a negative context.

I made this point on Twitter, too. Once the factories are operational, the drones probably need to stop. This is bordering on industrial espionage. The Austin drones were even peeking in windows. Competitors don’t need to know the details of internal factory operations.

First time I've heard this rumor. Desperate attempt at future fud or actually plausible? I place my vote for fud. Tesla model Pi 2022: phone price, release date and what we know so far
Read the article and it is pure conjecture based on absolutely nothing.

The tech of putting Starlink into a phone is in the camp of 5 to 10 years off at best.

Shrinking the power requirement and phased array would require some massive chip developments. I'd be the first inline for a Starlink phone though, but maybe my car will have Starlink first, I'm fine with that.

Read the article and it is pure conjecture based on absolutely nothing.

The tech of putting Starlink into a phone is in the camp of 5 to 10 years off at best.

Shrinking the power requirement and phased array would require some massive chip developments. I'd be the first inline for a Starlink phone though, but maybe my car will have Starlink first, I'm fine with that.
Starlink at the current altitude and frequency band is physically incompatible with a cell phone sized device held in the usual manner (beam width way too wide). The phone transmit power needed with a non directional antenna would violate human exposure limits.

Starlink at the current altitude and frequency band is physically incompatible with a cell phone sized device held in the usual manner (beam width way too wide). The phone transmit power needed with a non directional antenna would violate human exposure limits.
Now, what would be very interesting is more along the lines of putting a starlink at the top of a cell tower and developing a hybrid solution.

They explicitly said they're investing in a Roth IRA, so LT vs ST is irrelevant to them until they are retired.

That said, if they went to cash in hopes of rebuying shares lower this year, I hope they're at least using the cash to sell some puts- this way they are at least making something on the money if it doesn't drop like they expect (not an advice)
Saying LT vs ST isn’t relevant “until they’re retired” is misleading. In a Roth, LT vs ST is irrelevant PERIOD (whether or not they’re retired).

A new video from Tesla Gigafactory Shanghai showing off the Body In White part of the factory. Via Jason Yang:

Looks like a Peter Gabriel video from the 80s.

I love how everything moves in 3d. A part rolls into a station and 4 different machines are working on it from every angle, then it gets lifted onto a conveyor up to the second floor. Very cool. Ford’s video showing the truck frames rolling around on little taxis going from station to station look relatively sedate next to this.

Now, what would be very interesting is more along the lines of putting a starlink at the top of a cell tower and developing a hybrid solution.
Think that’s likely in play. AT&T has agreement with OneWeb and Verizon with Amazon Kuiper (not live service yet), so I would expect Starlink is talking to companies as well.

I expect every cellphone tower will have a Starlink dish installed on the top, as a backup. Whenever there are land-based internet/voice outages, they can use the dish to get data/signals back and forth. How many cellphone towers are there around the world?

• Informative
Reactions: FireMedic