Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good call by those who predicted a bounce back. I cashed out some short term options yesterday and that gave me the incentive to funnel those profits back in. Beers on me. ;)

Who could have predicted that Jonas would have become one of Tesla's bigger fans?
View attachment 787399
3DB2B7A4-4097-43A2-A9D9-F58BD15D08FF.jpeg

😳😳😳😳😳😳😳

Good call by those who predicted a bounce back. I cashed out some short term options yesterday and that gave me the incentive to funnel those profits back in. Beers on me. ;)

Who could have predicted that Jonas would have become one of Tesla's bigger fans?

View attachment 787399
MS Stanley has their EPS "estimates" at $9.9, $13.2 and $17.55 for the next three Decembers. Who wants to bet Tesla beats the Morgan Stanley 2024 number in 2022?

IMO the over/under for 2022 stands at $16.3 as of today based on the accelerating shift to premium sales and the looming return of hundreds of millions in pure profit credits.

I appreciate @The Accountant putting together a rational estimate for 2022, but that's based on a proper conservative accountant's perspective. In the last few days alone we have about $.80 added to the EPS in potential increased credits. I expect things to warm considerably from here and we'll get near to that $17.55 figure in 2022.

(* Putin & Powell pending of course)

Last edited:
The only ones I watch regularly are Tesla Daily, Munro, Limiting Factor, and Sam Alexander. Sam is very good at debunking the latest FUD. E for Electric has a strong anti Tesla bias and puts out a lot of misinformation, total waste of time, Transport Evolved has been inconsistent over the years and I stopped watching them long ago. I also find Warren Redlich to be too much of an over the top hype man and often inaccurate as well. He also melts down when faced with contrary facts. Dillon Loomis is also good but I forget the name of his channel.
Also want to add James Stephenson's channel to the discussion, he's easily the most rational of all the megabulls.

The SEC discussion is certainly apposite to this thread's stated purpose (aside: never before reading this brief had I come across the word inapposite. It's a good'un.), but I request one and one answer only to the following: WHAT did the cited song have in place of the inserted "[SEC]"?

I propose a source and authority more engrained in this nation's culture: "....But on the other side, it didn't say nothing - That side was made for you and me".

Also want to add James Stephenson's channel to the discussion, he's easily the most rational of all the megabulls.

I've filtered down by Youtube to just
Rob Mauer (every day)
David Lee (weekly, on interesting topics)

once in a while some special subject from the expert .. e.g. Limiting Factor for battery , HyperChange on Financials etc.

Once I started seeing too many cross-interviews, that did it for me:)
All Day on TMC and All Night on You Tube is not the life for me :) . If not getting info on TMC, I would definitely follow many others mentioned to try to keep up to date. cheers!!

The SEC discussion is certainly apposite to this thread's stated purpose (aside: never before reading this brief had I come across the word inapposite. It's a good'un.), but I request one and one answer only to the following: WHAT did the cited song have in place of the inserted "[SEC]"?

I propose a source and authority more engrained in this nation's culture: "....But on the other side, it didn't say nothing - That side was made for you and me".
Audie: Thanks.
FCC

Last edited by a moderator:
TSLA is up 42% in 14 calendar days at 1080 and we should discuss the gift of sub 1100?

Certainly everyone bought all they could at 760.

Right?
Do you think the drop from 1200 to 700 was genuine selling?

Tesla’s demand is intact, their earnings intact. So theoretically TSLA should be trading at just a 5% discount to its ATH to account for higher rates.

Estimates for 2022 in terms of revenue and especially earnings remain very low

Do you think the drop from 1200 to 700 was genuine selling?

Tesla’s demand is intact, their earnings intact. So theoretically TSLA should be trading at just a 5% discount to its ATH to account for higher rates.

Estimates for 2022 in terms of revenue and especially earnings remain very low
You are talking to the wrong person. All I ever do is bet on TSLA going up. Lost so much money on calls... Well OK, I do sell CCs here and there....

I am only pointing out that the stock has had a huge move in two weeks time, which of course presents the opportunity for the continued huge volatility that we have grown to know so well. Fear and greed are real and on display almost all the time here in TSLA land.

I'm not sure I understand - are you saying that their users aren't actually, mostly, retail investors?
No, they are. Since 2018 or so both Robinhood Securities and Robinhood Securities Lending have been members of DTC. Thus, as a matter of record they can do their own clearing. In fact they still do virtually all their business with the same Citadel unit they always have. Why? "Payment for order flow" which is how they make money with securities lending making most of the the rest of their profits.

The crucial thing to remember is that the US securities industry has large amounts of 'smoke and mirrors', most of it almost totally legal.
The more thing change, the more they remain the same.
Thank Bernie Madoff, who engineered much of this marvelous system. /s

I only have a few pennies. Grabbed a single 4/1 1200c @$2.94 and will look to sell at $6 on my way to selling CC's at the same strike tomorrow.
Sold @ $4.95

Hopefully my IRA doesn't balk at the day trade. A good lesson here. Take $5 when you're damn sure $6 is attainable when your profit is this high in such a short window. Ya got lucky, don't screw it up by getting greedy and missing the sell window. That's what I use to do constantly.

We need to get back to making an MMD options trading thread.

No, they are. Since 2018 or so both Robinhood Securities and Robinhood Securities Lending have been members of DTC. Thus, as a matter of record they can do their own clearing. In fact they still do virtually all their business with the same Citadel unit they always have. Why? "Payment for order flow" which is how they make money with securities lending making most of the the rest of their profits.

The crucial thing to remember is that the US securities industry has large amounts of 'smoke and mirrors', most of it almost totally legal.
The more thing change, the more they remain the same.
Thank Bernie Madoff, who engineered much of this marvelous system. /s

Thanks! Didn't understand where you were coming from. From a TSLA perspective, with this new extended hours feature, its gonna help understand where TSLA is going the next day, hopefully. That's the only point I was trying to make.

Reactions: H Mak
A stock split is like WD-40 for a stuck share price. Market pressure and the fundamentals are pushing it in one direction, but macros, technicals or other forces have the SP *stuck* in the down position. A little Split Lube and a good solid whack is all we needed to get the SP unstuck and back into it’s normal upright position.