Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Gotta love my local MI news. Just had a story about how EVs have electronic door releases and people are getting trapped in them not knowing how to get out. They did show how to find the manual release in the model 3 (which is extremely easy to find of course). But not before several minutes of fear mongering, stories of a baby getting trapped, older couple on the way to Vegas in the desert and of course only showed Tesla (along with a fire).

Yeah, someone I know saw this story on the morning show and texted to warn me how dangerous my car is. 🤦‍♂️

Unfortunately, Musk doesn't seem to care to speak with Meloni about this, every time he came in Italy he spoke about babies and right-wing stuff. The government just said yesterday that they don't want to put in other funds because they believe in "technological neutrality"... meaning they want to keep financing ICEs.

Sorry, I dunno.

Not great in May, I see only MG4 making the chart.
View attachment 1058562
I'm sorry @philw1776 and @MTL_HABS1909, but why the disagrees?
Musk came to Italy at least twice, and the second time he was special guest at Atreju, a far-right political convention. To my knowledge, he did not speak about climate change, but other political stuff.
I'm definitely biased against all these people's politics, but it's was a fair assessment.

A preview to come for what happens to unattended robotaxis, perhaps.

Coming from you that sounds more like a threat than a warning.

And plus I haven't seen this story confirmed anywhere reputable. Everywhere it's posted the details change. Given the flat shape of the Cybertruck hood, it's probably pretty easy to superimpose some spray paint graphics with video-editing software. Maybe even easier than spray painting dozens of $100k vehicles staged for delivery somewhere there would be security cameras and/or security guards.

And plus I haven't seen this story confirmed anywhere reputable. Everywhere it's posted the details change. Given the flat shape of the Cybertruck hood, it's probably pretty easy to superimpose some spray paint graphics with video-editing software. Maybe even easier than spray painting dozens of $100k vehicles staged for delivery somewhere there would be security cameras and/or security guards.
Agreed. What a low comment. Kind of tells you where his/her head is it. Bad actor.

Your cost of solar is off by 100%. I have 5 quotes for 10kW all over $30k. Don't count the tax credit, because that doesn't change the price I have to pay the installer. And electricity is closer to .18/kWh for me so solar is a 12 year payback, but I'm paying it all up front in today's dollars.
Similar quotes in palm beach county florida.

Reactions: Snerruc
Too much electricity this summer in Belgium: https://www.standaard.be/cnt/dmf20240621_95479111

Due to the increasing amount of solar energy, some of the electricity capacity may have to be switched off. On a summer day, consumption is a about 7GW, and with 10GW of solar installed and 4 to 5 GW of nuclear, we’re looking at a surplus of 7 GW.
Good for demand shifters like EVs and batteries.
Edit: I won’t bore you by mentioning that my cars are again charging at negative prices. Oops, I did it again.

I respect people's opinions, whether i agree with them or not, but doing this out of plain hate is definitely not warranted in any lifetime:

Probably a member of $TSLAQ doing whatever they can to stop deliveries for Q2.

From some of news videos/reports I've seen, they had a few million dollars worth in a bad? area of town (residential area too). Might be worth using a more secured lot, especially if the cars are going to be there for a good while.

Last edited:

Wait a bit more. I'm pretty certain this isn't made up and you'll see more reputable sources "you" trust post this. Using all those video edit/graphics goes counter to people simply being lazy. Arrests (with all the crime you see now), isn't a big deterrent for a few drunk (or not) guys who thinks this is funny.

Even though I'm one to also agree this simply isn't right, Elon has generated a pretty large amount of animosity with a good chunk of the populace after his Twitter purchase, whether you agree with it or not. Note it's not F* TSLA, it's specifically F* Elon.

There has been many reports of people disrupting driverless cars before. People state watch out Uber/Lyft drivers, RT will replace all of you. Killing one's livelihood makes people do retaliatory things (since they're jobless and have nothing to do / more time):

Is this legit enough?

I'm sorry @philw1776 and @MTL_HABS1909, but why the disagrees?
Musk came to Italy at least twice, and the second time he was special guest at Atreju, a far-right political convention. To my knowledge, he did not speak about climate change, but other political stuff.
I'm definitely biased against all these people's politics, but it's was a fair assessment.
Sugar seriously?

Now, you are gong to assess how Musk had talked to your country PM? Here?

Sugar seriously?

Elon in Italy and with Meloni was well documented in much of the EU, although i saw no substantive reporting outside the EU. Based on reporting in Le Monde, which I read every day, I think @aubreymcfato made an accurate representation. Considering the important of the EU and potentially italy to Tesla interests it is definitely to our TSLA investor interests to understand at least the general tone of our CEO's conversations with leaders of major countries. I did not read the Italian press so I do not know how coverage was handled there.

Tesla should exit the solar business. All it’s doing is causing reputational damage and wasting money. If the future really is Optimus and robotaxi, wasting resources on solar makes even less sense. It seems Musk would rather keep up the charade than admit the Solarcity acquisition is a bust
Or, appoint someone head of that division, with decision making power and a contract that, like Elon's, rewards growth with lots of money! The original thesis for acquiring Solarcity was a good one. The implementation as @Tony73 says is just another opportunity lost and ongoing stain on Tesla's reputation.

Sugar seriously?

I'm simply stating that the liason Meloni-Musk have, that has been flaunted quite much on this forum, is purely political and - at present - completely useless for Tesla. If Meloni brings Tesla to invest in Italy for a battery or semi factory I'll be the first to cheer.
As of now, my government is quite pro-fossil and it shows.

Last edited:
Too much electricity this summer in Belgium: https://www.standaard.be/cnt/dmf20240621_95479111

Due to the increasing amount of solar energy, some of the electricity capacity may have to be switched off. On a summer day, consumption is a about 7GW, and with 10GW of solar installed and 4 to 5 GW of nuclear, we’re looking at a surplus of 7 GW.
Good for demand shifters like EVs and batteries.
Edit: I won’t bore you by mentioning that my cars are again charging at negative prices. Oops, I did it again.
Jealous. California has recently done the opposite. They approved NEM3.0 which preserves the various utilities death grip of wasteful spending, profits and control while driving residential solar ROI longer and longer into decade plus territory (multi-decade without battery storage), essentially halting solar installations in the state overnight. Jealous.