Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, I've heard that too from many brokers. People with lots of $, just trade in place garbage $ for something of value.

Example, FL island property, offer pending, somebody comes in with 15M of cash and gets the offer instantly. The call price was 12M.
The only thing I worry about is if people were using stock margin as the cash to purchase the property. If this were the case and they did not do the smart thing which would be to refinance the property after the cash purchase.....then I could see this stock market downturn turn into something much worse with forced liquidation of portfolios to cover the margin on said stocks. The housing market should be fine in that I doubt there is foreclosures like 2008, but then the mechanism for appraisals was short circuited driving prices up given the all cash purchase.

OK, I'm convinced. After reading @henchman24 's posts, and doing my own homework, I think this is the bottom.

Wish I had timed it better, but bought 89 more shares @ 651.65 to round out to another 100 lot. Pretty much used up all my dry powder.

Now you can all blame me when we drop below 600. LoL.
I won't feel comfortable until 11,500 is broke and held 🤣

Elon has many virtues and has made a tremendous positive impact on the world and humanity. But he isn't the messiah. Treating him as such basically undercuts the argument you just made in the beginning of your post.

I disagreed with that because @Krugerrand did not treat Elon as the "messiah" as you claimed. Can we stick to the facts instead of inventing straw men?

oplues7aiui11.jpg

Elon has many virtues and has made a tremendous positive impact on the world and humanity. But he isn't the messiah. Treating him as such basically undercuts the argument you just made in the beginning of your post.
OT... not a messiah, better. This is reality, 100% human dude. Nobody's gonna wave a hand and make all human troubles all go away.

Magic back in the day was perceived as being from the Gods - as opposed to a slight of hand or a master with words and wildly popular. Either that or a witch and that label like a twitter curse. Elon is neither IMHO, which is why this is even better. We ALL have to fix these messes, together.

Remember "VOL" from Gilligan's Island? It was a volcano, but the word got erased and the island people thought it was a God, and not to be upset. The Professor knew better, even Gilligan (maybe). People can choose to be the Professor, Gilligan, or with the VOL Gods.

So I'm with the Professor, he's hopefully going to LEAD us off this island and onto a better one. We have a few VOL worshipers and Gilligan's around here, but a ton of Professors.

1653491213215.png

Someone is buying, we are disconnected from macros again
Past 45 mins have been very encouraging.

But I’m not going to get hopeful until we see strength in the last 2-3 hours. Could just be an options related head fake or temporary release of the stock from MM’s and they’re just waiting for buying volume to die down in order to walk it back down.

Not trying to be pessimistic but I need to see clear signs of a breakout that holds, if not increases, in the later part of the day to be hopeful that the rebound in in process

OT... not a messiah, better. This is reality, 100% human dude. Nobody's gonna wave a hand and make all human troubles all go away.

Magic back in the day was perceived as being from the Gods - as opposed to a slight of hand or a master with words and wildly popular. Either that or a witch and that label like a twitter curse. Elon is neither IMHO, which is why this is even better. We ALL have to fix these messes, together.

Remember "VOL" from Gilligan's Island? It was a volcano, but the word got erased and the island people thought it was a God, and not to be upset. The Professor knew better, even Gilligan (maybe). People can choose to be the Professor, Gilligan, or with the VOL Gods.

So I'm with the Professor, he's hopefully going to LEAD us off this island and onto a better one. We have a few VOL worshipers and Gilligan's around here, but a ton of Professors.

View attachment 808562
This is the same professor that silenced a volcano with a coconut bomb but couldn't build a simple boat to get them off the island ....

Can’t wait for the articles
“Why Amazon is up 3% today”
“Why Tesla is up today after falling 40%”
"Up despite investors getting tired of how horrible Elon is"
This is the same professor that silenced a volcano with a coconut bomb but couldn't build a simple boat to get them off the island ....
Fits. Elon got rockets into space but took how many years to give us waypoints? ;)

Just purely my guess on the buying today... somebody is placing some bets on the Elon/Twitter drama today with the shareholder meeting. We saw an uptick in OTM calls and now this on the day of the meeting.
The options activity around $800 calls was pretty noteworthy in the amount of volume on them.

But I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s the same group that bought the bearish puts right before last Friday. If they’re the ones pushing the stock around, make quick money on the downside and flip the position and quick money on a rebound

Last edited:
Just purely my guess on the buying today... somebody is placing some bets on the Elon/Twitter drama today with the shareholder meeting. We saw an uptick in OTM calls and now this on the day of the meeting.
I wonder if ironically the buying is from algobots after it is determined that bots comprise greater than the stated 5% of twitter users...