Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Possibly OT.... Bob is advising me to sell some TSLA and invest in BYND (Beyond Meat) - I'm in a cashless situation, so would have to sell a small amount, unlikely but curious. It's a story quite similar to TSLA actually.

BYND currently has 40% short interest and is seen as a threaten to existing markets. If cost of meat rises, those veggie versions may grow some legs. Still not profitable, but methane and cruelty getting more attention among the woke. There seems to be many parallels, meat-lovers/gas lovers, regions on the map, FUD, very high float etc. I guess any status quo revenue stream is heavily defended, but honestly their burgers are tasty. So I ask, what's different here? Also consider the cost of a BYND Option could make it attractive to a much larger crowd than TSLA should things turn around.

I doubt I'll sell TSLA, but BYND is looking tasty.
Are you trying to lose money on purpose?

BiodegradableFavorableCarpenterant-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:
I think market is overacting on the CPI numbers. While inflation is high, the income also increased quite a lot. My friend's company is hiring an entry level sales assistant position and it was $15/hr pre-covid, now they need list $21/hr in order to be competitive. My local warehouse job was listed about $13/hr and now is $18+/hr. That's about 40% wage increase in 2 years. I don't feel people cutting back on spending, there still lots of people in malls and stores, the freeways around where I live are still packed during weekends. Tesla is still having huge backlog despite they increased price so much...

Possibly OT.... Bob is advising me to sell some TSLA and invest in BYND (Beyond Meat) - I'm in a cashless situation, so would have to sell a small amount, unlikely but curious. It's a story quite similar to TSLA actually.

BYND currently has 40% short interest and is seen as a threaten to existing markets. If cost of meat rises, those veggie versions may grow some legs. Still not profitable, but methane and cruelty getting more attention among the woke. There seems to be many parallels, meat-lovers/gas lovers, regions on the map, FUD, very high float etc. I guess any status quo revenue stream is heavily defended, but honestly their burgers are tasty. So I ask, what's different here? Also consider the cost of a BYND Option could make it attractive to a much larger crowd than TSLA should things turn around.

I doubt I'll sell TSLA, but BYND is looking tasty.
Who the heck is Bob?

Said the smoking man... classic!
No, I'm just hanging around losing money regardless. I can outlast though.
That does look like an option of mine that's about to go up in smoke next week. Makes it all the more fun!
I couldn't help the gif, Chow Yun Fat was the man in that John Woo classic.

But this Bob... what he said is the opposite of what you should do. If you flip what he suggested then that would be good advice lol. That said, everyone's down but we're long so ya just keep looking down the horizon.

I think market is overacting on the CPI numbers. While inflation is high, the income also increased quite a lot. My friend's company is hiring an entry level sales assistant position and it was $15/hr pre-covid, now they need list $21/hr in order to be competitive. My local warehouse job was listed about $13/hr and now is $18+/hr. That's about 40% wage increase in 2 years. I don't feel people cutting back on spending, there still lots of people in malls and stores, the freeways around where I live are still packed during weekends. Tesla is still having huge backlog despite they increased price so much...
Agree, right now there is no recession. The fear on wall street is that the fed will need to raise interest rates much much more to slow things and eventually cause a recession. The stock market is looking forward.

Personally I think it comes down to the price of energy. If this falls, I think you will see the CPI numbers come down quite a bit as almost everything has an energy component in it. Energy is up 34% y/y.

Screen Shot 2022-06-10 at 2.08.30 PM.jpg

Well all the ladies around me in Europe seem to be coping just fine. And even the gents are able to manage here with CCS. Is there something different about the human physique in North America ?
Mostly the attitude to not do anything that is even a bit inconvenient.

Who the heck is Bob?
OK, fair question, briefly he's my brother and introduced me to TMC then got banned. Likely from not paying attention to the Mod warnings is my guess, it's all good.

Bob's day trading ~50% TSLA + holding the rest, and did advise me to sell at 1,200. The same moment I decided to go all in. The irony, right? Suffice to say, I like to look at all views, and make my own decisions as we all should. I am not concerned with my TSLA long position.

A buddy just said credit card systems are down across the board and downdetector is showing the same
Anyone else experiencing this?
That chart should include an icon for "The entire stock market" ..... :)

Yes, i was trying to purchase something and the payment system would not accept my VISA CC.

Market... Overreacting. Never! ;)

Agree, right now there is no recession. The fear on wall street is that the fed will need to raise interest rates much much more to slow things and eventually cause a recession. The stock market is looking forward.

Personally I think it comes down to the price of energy. If this falls, I think you will see the CPI numbers come down quite a bit as almost everything has an energy component in it. Energy is up 34% y/y.

View attachment 815039
Especially since the only reason the non-energy items arestil up is.....the cost of energy. The bubble will pop. They've taken this oil trade waaaaaay too far.

Reactions: dww12