Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is about the week not the day and what day it is today:
What is the proper meaning of “next Sunday” or any other next day?
It is, indeed, hard to countenance fools. The path of least resistance, I have found, is to over-explain. Thus "Take the next left - the one coming up in 30 meters." Or "Take the next left - the one after the one you'll see in a moment." Or: "I'll see you this coming Sunday." Or: "I'll see you Sunday...the 17th, I think it is."

• Love
Reactions: SOULPEDL
Remember the Robinhood and GME event last year related to naked shorting? A govt report released a few weeks ago showed a bit over $9 billion in margin calls were hand waved away for Robinhood and other brokers.

Guess how many people are going to jail.

What will happen is that retail investors will have additional rules put in place to further prevent them from showing up the crooks running the show.
It's great when you make your own rules. Citadel likes to make money.

Ugh, I hate to keep the off topic conversations going but I have to jump in when there is closed minded thinking like this.

This is such a simple problem to solve. Chargers at the stations, put them in spots at the end of the station. Don't even need the robot snake, one attendant could easily cover plugging in and unplugging cars at multiple stations.

I'm sure there are many other solutions that keep the cars in the tunnels. Another idea is removable/remote controls that the support team could use to move them around.

Maybe you aren't aware of the scope involved.

There is no single end of the line for cars to park at. It's going to be 50+ miles of tunnel with something like 100+ cars and 50+ stations.

There isn't room or electricity in the current station design for superchargers. They've already spent millions building 4 stations with no superchargers or even destination chargers in them so clearly they aren't going to retrofit any in those locations. What makes you think they'll add them to future stations?

Don't you think that your arm chair quarterbacking is suggesting something the Boring Company already considered?

Notice how there is no charging location or master station for cars to sit at when not in use?

As far as I know it the current process is they take them to a public supercharger each day and will continue to do that going forward.

There are 7 Superchargers in Vegas very close to the loop.

1657136412193.png

101421+-+Vegas+Loop+Map.jpg

Last edited:
Non-Tesla charging at Tesla Supercharger in Austria

At the 6:05 mark it's explained that the cost is 0.69 euros/KWh but with a 30 13 euro a month subscription you get the Tesla owner's price of 0.53 euros/KWh.

Paying the subscription breaks even if you charge at least 100 kWh/ month.

They should charge triple if you have a Porsche Taycan or other EV with a similarly goofy charge port location.

Fremont;
All S and X gone from test track area.
Delivery area very quiet.
Both casting machines running.

14 total Model S available in inventory in these 4 zip codes;
00501, 33109, 90210, 94129
(NY, Miami, L.A. SF)

Maybe you are aware of the scope involved.

There is no single end of the line for cars to park at. It's going to be 50+ miles of tunnel with something like 100+ cars and 50+ stations.

There isn't room or electricity in the current station design for superchargers. They've already spent millions building 4 stations with no superchargers or even destination chargers in them so clearly they aren't going to retrofit any in those locations. What makes you think they'll add them to future stations?

Don't you think that your arm chair quarterbacking is suggesting something the Boring Company already considered?

Notice how there is no charging location or master station for cars to sit at when not in use?

As far as I know it the current process is they take them to a public supercharger each day and will continue to do that going forward.

There are 7 Superchargers in Vegas very close to the loop.

View attachment 825442

101421+-+Vegas+Loop+Map.jpg
If only FSD Teslas could be taught to park themselves :rolleyes: and, there were an attendant on duty to plug/unplug each car. Then, Boring Co could install a charging station adjacent to any ground level tunnel station and the problem would be solved. Car pulls into an empty charging slot, gets plugged in, calls attendant back when ready. Easy peasy, lemon squeezy.

If only FSD Teslas could be taught to park themselves :rolleyes: and, there were an attendant on duty to plug/unplug each car. Then, Boring Co could install a charging station adjacent to any ground level tunnel station and the problem would be solved. Car pulls into an empty charging slot, gets plugged in, calls attendant back when ready. Easy peasy, lemon squeezy.
Maybe Boring will tunnel over to one of the supecharger locations eventually and just exit the loop right at the superchargers. Still need FSD to park and someone to plug it in but eventually you could avoid the Vegas City streets.

is getting a station eventually, I don't know if it will exit in the underground garage but they could make a route to the superchargers once they get their station.

apparently that location has 24 superchargers (250 KW) and 8 destination chargers.

Last edited:
Macros started down sharply at 15:36 dragging TSLA with them:

QQQ.2022-07-06.15-55.png

TSLA camped near the Mid-BB:

sc.TSLA.10-DayChart.2022-07-06.15-59.75.png

This will likely continue until macros ease. Shortzes just making too much $$ intraday to give up easily. Q3 will be better, Q4 will be excellent.

Hedgies are already plotting which version of hell they can conjure for Q1-2023. But I'm confident they'll try. :p

Cheers!

Maybe Boring will tunnel over to one of the supecharger locations eventually and just exit the loop right at the superchargers. Still need FSD to park and someone to plug it in but eventually you could avoid the Vegas City streets.

is getting a station eventually, I don't know if it will exit in the underground garage but they could make a route to the superchargers once they get their station.
I seriously doubt that Boring Co would be dependent upon any publicly available Supercharger station for their tunnel fleet's charging needs. The mere thought that they didn't plan their own charging scheme from day one with FSD operation in mind would surprise me.

More likely they have a double top secret underground lair for routine maintenance and charging. Possibly with a pond and sharks with laser beams on their head.

I seriously doubt that Boring Co would be dependent upon any publicly available Supercharger station for their tunnel fleet's charging needs. The mere thought that they didn't plan their own charging scheme from day one with FSD operation in mind would surprise me.

Well they've bored 5 tunnel segments and made 4 stations and we still haven't seen any sign of anything other than charging at public superchargers.

I'm going to assume they will charge at these locations

1 is on the loop the other 2 are very near it, all 3 are 250KW.

Last edited:

Handled.

boring-company-tunnel-LVCC-Loop-tesla-test-update-1536x864.jpeg

Disruption is here. UBS cut GM and F earnings drastically. Tesla may be down in sympathy LOL.
Best news ever. I don't own any fossil fool cars, chainsaw, mower, snow thrower,etc. I sleep well and breathe easy 😂
I am 100% electric. Even my house, I have converted to 100% electric. I don't fly anymore as well (hated it anyway).

When I visited one in construction, the entrance was surrounded by a very large parking lot.

Not to say they couldn’t charge at superchargers with drivers or FSD, but again, that seems wasteful vs planning in power right at the entrance above ground.

Or use brushes like Slot cars and charge them from the tracks, lol.

• Helpful
Reactions: 2daMoon

apparently that location has 24 superchargers (250 KW) and 8 destination chargers.
Dig underground to an existing SC and increasing that SC traffic OR build new SC onsite at existing station....I know what I'd pick!

Handled.

boring-company-tunnel-LVCC-Loop-tesla-test-update-1536x864.jpeg

those are old pics from 2021, you can check out any video of the existing loop in 2022 and you'll see there are no superchargers there and no destination chargers there.

Did you really think that article or it's pictures suggested they would put superchargers there?

All that shows is cover that is over where the cars sit while passengers load/unload from the Teslas before they go into the loop. No charging at all there. No construction there. Totally finished now and cleaned up.

image_1_e5baf59a-b507-4eea-b4ae-5624018c25c5.jpg

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: NooB_cat and JRP3
I am 100% electric. Even my house, I have converted to 100% electric. I don't fly anymore as well (hated it anyway).
Congrats Gene. Your vision is excellent.
Many people have no clue how much money you can save by putting in solar, buying Teslas, converting to all electric besides limiting one's Carbon Footprint. Seems like a no brainer but breaking habits takes a while.

Fremont;
All S and X gone from test track area.
Delivery area very quiet.
Both casting machines running.

14 total Model S available in inventory in these 4 zip codes;
00501, 33109, 90210, 94129
(NY, Miami, L.A. SF)
Wow even brand new Plaids in stock, and a couple used 2022 Plaids and 2020-2021s with minimal mileage

There's a surprisingly large number of used vehicles listed for sale there across all the models, many 2021s and even a few 2022s. Looking at various delivery threads, it seems like timelines are coming in as well. I think we're seeing first signs of the vehicle market finally balancing.