Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sure 3X the beta. Let’s go for 4X!

What was that about TSLA showing strength. Fridays outperformance more than negated and the trend continues. 🙄
"I want TSLA to outperform it's BETA!"
1657554326231.png

Cyberducks!

This kind of crap does not belong on this board. It is a part of an intentional misinformation campaign, and now being used for secondary effect. None of the posters here are actually bots. They are real humans trying to work against covid vaccination and science.

That's informative, I wasn't aware of the particular issue here. But I would say copy paste without setting out that you were doing so is merely another type of disinformation as it would inflate one incident into many. People doing it isn't somehow better than bots doing it.

This has already been explained before.

In M&A law, DD is what you do before you make your offer

You say "I want to buy your company, and I need this info to determine how much I think it's worth and then I may, depending on the info, make an offer"

Typically a bunch of NDAs then get signed, they answer your questions, and you decide if you want to still make an offer- and for how much.

That's what DD is- it happens before the offer, in order for you be able to confidently name the price you're willing to pay.

Elon skipped right to the offer.

He didn't "waive" DD- he just skipped it.

The only data the agreement requires Twitter to provide is that needed to close the purchase-- not data needed to decide if the offer was a good idea in the first place. That ship has sails when you make the offer.

And since markets are open now I'd strongly encourage any reples to move to:

That is correct in the abstract. However there is a fair amount of ambiguity in "Company Material Adverse Effect" and a few other clauses. Since the wording of all this is definitely not quite typical there is quite a large opportunity for debate, or so it seems to me. I am NOT a lawyer. I have been around numerous mergers, some of them exceedingly disputatious. Although the Delaware Court of Chancery has some unusual features it also has had some losses in the Delaware Supreme Court on the express issue of whether a disclosure not made would have altered the purchaser intent to proceed.

That simply and clearly suggests that even if the Chancery Court rules against Musk he might very well prevail on appeal. The entire issue of materiality and fake accounts would give some entertaining basis for appeal despite the 'weasel words' in Twitter's statements. The ambiguity in statements about the core business viability of Twitter isn't likely to make them more sympathetic on appeal, even if not in the primary Chancery action.

I recall a similar case involving a post 2008 acquisition of a major financial institution. The acquirer prevailed over a perfectly analogous circumstance. The records on that one are not public AFAIK, but similar cases most definitely will be considered in Delaware judicial review. The logic is quite fundamental and is most easily explained by the 'prudence ' (insurance word in investment criteria) rules that apply in most cases. Those simply state that if a prudent person would establish a given set of facts because of their materiality, they must be known whether or not those facts are required by accounting or legal explicit rules. Management must not do 'imprudent' things.

The Twitter active user base and total user base are the only core business value of Twitter. Despite Twitters ambiguity on that issue they SHOULD KNOW because that is the entire value base.

Whether or not Musk accepted their statements he would not have done a deal as structured if he knew the actual facts. That is sufficient to make a compelling case. I would be happy to take Eon's side on this one although I might excoriate him for being too eager. He'll win anyway, I'll make book if anybody wants to bet on the 'sure to lose' side.

It's all about truth. Choosing not to know is by itself a material omission of fact.

Man I’m just loving this Twitter rally. Amazing rally. Best I’ve ever seen. Can’t even beat Apple 😅

I’m confused….analysts after analyst said the moment Elon walked away, $100 would be added to the share price. Gee…..I wonder if wall st is just full of _____.

Dear god no one quote with an actual response on Twitter and it’s effects 🥴. We all know how this game is played. No one should be surprised at the stock action today. Wall st clearly still control of this stock. Can’t even beat its beta at this point.

It didn’t even take that much volume to drop the stock like a stone
I think Musk figures he'll get $44 billion worth of memes out of it so it's all good. 🤣

Monday is not awesome.
Hard for anyone to try and claim the whole thing isn’t rigged when TSLA is down nearly as much as Twitter…..even though the worst case for Elon has already been priced into TSLA.

I am enjoying watching Gary and other try to come up with excuses for TSLA trading like a dog. How about you guys just admit how much damage can be done with naked shorting and spoofing……..but of course according to Gary, there’s always a “reason” TSLA is down. Can’t ever be wall st using illegal trading tactics

Hard for anyone to try and claim the whole thing isn’t rigged when TSLA is down nearly as much as Twitter…..even though the worst case for Elon has already been priced into TSLA.

I am enjoying watching Gary and other try to come up with excuses for TSLA trading like a dog. How about you guys just admit how much damage can be done with naked shorting and spoofing……..but of course according to Gary, there’s always a “reason” TSLA is down. Can’t ever be wall st using illegal trading tactics
The reason why Tsla is down is no reason. The L shape chart of Tesla happened to many stocks this AM from all of cathie woods pick to Disney. Volatility is how money is made which means everything goes up and down for no reasons beside sucking in Yolo retails and scare them into selling 2 days later.

Whether we like it or not, Twitter is affecting tesla stock in a negative way.
That plus Bitcoin were unnecessary adventures.

it seems whenever Elon is elated about tesla’s success
or overcoming a difficult problem,
he seeks another even more dangerous challenge.
Call me crazy but I’m pretty sure both of these things were things everyone and their mom was aware of…….before the market opened for trading today 😉.

Can we all agree this is just shenanigans and not try to say more fear over this or that is the reason?

The bigger picture here is the distraction caused by the whole Twitter deal.

I'm pretty sure that we are ALL sick to death of hearing about twitter ... we should be talking about record production numbers as well as the ramps in Austin and Berlin.

Looking forward to putting this whole thing behind us ... but it seems that there is constantly something that is taking away from the narrative we should be focusing on ... sigh ...

Cheers to the longs ... even today.

WHEW!
I got this stockmarket thing all figured out.
Sell high $725 last thursday. With the intention to buy back in on Friday when the stock does an oscillation back down to near the Max Pain price. Easy peasy. Only for the Stock to run the hell up to over $750/share at close so I am stuck with all this cash at close. Only to hear Elon is not buying Twitter, and Tesla will go up between $35-$100 before open on Monday. So I will either be caught out and have to buy less shares when I put the money back in the market on Monday, or live in eternal irresponsible hell for weeks or forever until the stock dips down below $725 in some future scenario.

Ya'll had me thinking I was going to get screwed by My good buddy Elon since he wasn't going to buy Twitter, and TSLA was going to go up $100/share. All weekend long I watch you guys rubbing your hands together while staring at the TMC Forum screen. With "Cheers To The Longs!" being the most often closing to your posts.

Good friends, cold beer, and having already become financially better off than I thought or hoped I would ever be was some solace... Just sitting on the Steamer Trunk of dollars.

Yet today I bought back in for a modest 2% gain from Thursday... instead of the 6% loss since Friday.
Isn't the market fun? So much fun. Instead of being burned by whimsical Musk.

Remember the song "Picking up Paw-paws putting em in my pockets"?
Pickin up pennies puttin em in my pockets... Pickin up pennies puttin em in my pockets...

(The steam roller missed me again.. I know I know....)

Last edited: