Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
semi OT: Lest you think Elon is unique, here is another McLaren P1 being trashed.

"A few hours ago, Hurricane Ian made landfall in Florida, a massive Category 4 with winds reaching 150 miles per hour. It’s reportedly the 5th strongest hurricane storm on record. Among the things which it has damaged is this McLaren P1, and its owner says the exotic supercar was pulled by the waters straight out of the garage it was parked in."

"The car with only 300 miles on the clock was recently part of the Gulf Coast Motorworks collection"

If you thought the demand for Tesla's was high imagine all the replacement cars that will be ordered this week.

ej93v6yownq91.jpg

Clipboard01d.jpg

Clipboard02d.jpg

Yeah, it's really funny to listen to people who've never driven a Tesla talking about maybe getting one. They say blah, blah charging, blah, blah range, blah, blah, so maybe I'll get a Tesla as my second car and I'll have my trusty ICE for long trips. Doesn't matter how many times you tell them -- no, I've driven many long trips in my Tesla, and once you've done it you'll never want to use your ICE for a long trip again. Nope. For some reason it's just inconceivable.
Related: Some time ago I drove home from an extended family gathering, leaving as torrential rains had flooded major streets I needed to pass. The ICE were scattered around the streets making me to divert around them. Three times police tried to stop em from entering. Water was above the door sills. When we returned home my spouse rang the relatives to tell them we made it home OK. Their response? "How did you do that, didn't the battery flood?".

That trip sold some BEV's. They all want Tesla.

Guys we’re so off topic here.

Where’s the discussion about TSLA trading like a dog again today and being spoofed nonstop while the macros rally??????

Gonna love reading Gary Black’s random excuse for TSLA trading terribly today 🙄
It is Thursday. According to my spreadsheet, Thursday is on average the worst performing day in the market for my portfolio (and the best day to buy)

On the eve of AI Day 2 and yet another day of the financial world taking a dump I thought it would be helpful to put a summary together below. What Tesla (TSLA) has going for it.

Foundational Pillars
Tesla Auto -
EV Demand increasing globally for the foreseeable future (even with "competition") Tesla still makes the most units and has coverage in multiple segments

Consumer (B2C)
  • Model X - minivan/mid size SUV coverage - Yes the Rivian R1S is fabulous but the market is plenty large and the X has enough differentiation
  • Model S - large size luxury sedan market/performance market
  • 3 / Y - mass market appeal - there really is nothing that is close to these all around
Business (B2B)
  • Tesla Semi – this is going to be HUGE
  • Tesla Superchargers – not huge in terms of income, but amazing marketing and potential for incentives and some income when they open up to other manufacturers
Tesla Energy - not a huge contributor yet but this for me is the "hedge" or big enough contribution if there was no auto business.
  1. Consumer (B2C) - Solar + Powerwall for residential side
  2. Business (B2B) - Bigger opportunity is at the utility level with Powerpack and Autobidder. There really are no players on the commercial battery storage side of the business
Moonshots (happening but not accomplished yet but once done it will be incredible)

Tesla FSD/Tesla Mobility

FSD if fully demonstrated will unlock an enormous amount of value on consumer and business levels (fleet operators and Autonomous Taxi)

Optimus/Tesla AI
Goes hand in hand with the above but the opening revenue stream is at the home level and also the ability to create and license out a platform is quite interesting here

Not on the Map but new opportunities
  • Tesla Home – HVAC for the home. Tesla can potentially make this an offer an all in one solution for Home Energy, Home HVAC, and Home Charging
  • Tesla Manufacturing Services – they can be the machine that builds the machines… for others
Accelerant to all of the above
a HUGE incentive that will boost margins and speed for Tesla is the Inflation Reduction Act. Tesla is properly positioned to capitalize on multiple areas of the bill and almost immediately due to vertical integration and market positioning. 2023 will be incredibly interesting for Tesla for so many reasons outside of products.
what about Tesla Insurance? Is this not a money maker for Tesla also? Or did I miss it in your list.

Reactions: UncaNed
I am strangely calm and confident with the impending P and D in my current positions.

I probably should not be. None of that has worked out so well this year….
Dont worry, wall St is going to drop the stock so much before Monday that the rally of earnings will still result in a share price that’s lower than where it was a week ago 😉

This has been the playbook since practically forever. Everyone here should have expected TSLA to vastly underperform the macros in the 1-2 weeks leading up to P/D numbers….and that’s exactly what happened again

ont worry, wall St is going to drop the stock so much before Monday that the rally of earnings will still result in a share price that’s lower than where it was a week ago 😉

This has been the playbook since practically forever. Everyone here should have expected TSLA to vastly underperform the macros in the 1-2 weeks leading up to P/D numbers….and that’s exactly what happened again
This time it's different! There's math to be done this time around, so for once it's not "all relative".

Buy GM? /s

"Since the Lyriq has only just started deliveries, the recall impacts only 186 units."