Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Asking b/c I legit didn't get the joke:
Why is Elon selling "burnt hair" perfume? Is he predicting some kind of burning of all the shorts? Something else?
Possible flamethrower incident
SmartSelect_20221013_100706_Firefox.jpg

So...now stonk go up?

With Darth Powell set to speak after the next FOMC meeting on Nov 1/2? And Twitter resolution delayed until after Tesla's Earnings Call? And Crimea? You are new... :p

Maybe appropriate to nybble at these levels, but shortzes smell blood... lots of game to go.

Go Long and Hold Strong, Son!

Keep Calm We Got This.jpg

Cheers!

Would you elaborate on this? What changes would be necessary to do this in a car design? Custom electronics or something?
There are a couple of potential successors to CANBUS, namely Flexray and Navixy. I believe I've heard something about Tesla potentially adopting the former. Although Navixy is in essence "Automotive ethernet", and Tesla already uses ethernet for some things. They also use LINBUS for some non-critical things, but it's less capable than CAN and therefore not a suitable replacement.

I suspect the major requirement would be the availability of OEM sourced parts with the preferred alternate interface... steering racks, ABS modules, etc... there are lots...

Remember: my post was querying why participants in this site analyze everything Tesla….but, with nothing to back it up, they wax ecstatic over something for which ONLY anecdotal material has emerged. That is not healthy.

I have been championing Tesla to create a pickup truck since I first joined TMC in early 2013.

I plunked down my nickel to get in line for the CT at the first opportunity.

I have a pretty good - not unassailable but pretty good - reckoning as to where I stand within the TMC Investor thread wrt number of shares controlled; it is likely in the top three and with a dead certainty in the top five. What all the above mean is that I WANT the CT to excel.

Have your own opinions - no one can say I’ve ever done anything but encourage that. But this community merits all to show why a product - whether it’s the CT, the Semi, Dojo, AI, the latest software revision - deserves accolades. And for me, one that effectively does not yet exist simply does not deserve unbridled adoration.
Thanks Scrooge McDuck for raining on our parade and ruining our upcoming Christmas. I guess we won't be getting a Red Ryder BB gun either. 😏😁

They are talking about previous loans, not Twitter specific.
After his 2021 sales, those may be reduced.

Ah, well, we are not privy to his personal financials on that level. But those would have been OLD OLD loans. I would suspect TSLA would have to crash to something like $30/share for him to get a margin call on those.

Ah, well, we are not privy to his personal financials on that level. But those would have been OLD OLD loans. I would suspect TSLA would have to crash to something like $30/share for him to get a margin call on those.
To misquote Obi-Wan: "Musk margin call, that's a term I have not heard in a long time"

And yeah, 15x split since then.

My comments. my Interest is about SS body. With million mile motor kit, there must be a very durable corrosion resistant body. The floating comments reflect some success with the SS body so 🙂.

my worry points are the wiper arm and some high maintenance fragile suspension. I have hope that Optimus actuator engineering has helped the wiper issue but since it has not been shown it remains an open and significant question IMO.

Dont care about 4 wheel steering much. Really seems more unnecessary maintenance and accelerated tire wear possibly.

All that said, I want the truck and the new press coming is a bullish sign. I understand Starship takes precedence of course but once in orbit, bring on the truck🙂

Looks like it might be another buying opportunity today.
You'll appreciate the 4 wheel steering the first time you use it in a tight turn in a parking lot.

Reactions: samn and UltradoomY
This inflation has been so over discounted, would not be surprised if
we get a short covering rally.
You mean the market gets a short covering rally…..except for TSLA 🙄.

Even if they don’t break 200 here, you can be rest assured they’ll keep it right at the 52 week low until earnings and hope there’s something in the earnings that plummets the stock.