Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If Tesla has more cash than what they need for operations and a safety net, they should invest any excess cash into SpaceX.

Gives Tesla shareholders exposure to SpaceX which many of us want regardless. Gives SpaceX gets additional operating capital.

Sort on like corporate incest. But without the icky bits and reinforcing recessive traits.
Adds an extra layer of taxation.

I don't think this is already posted.
Are these new camera's on the cars without ultrasonic sensors?

I expect new parts would've shown up in the parts catalog (they typically do so well before they appear on actual cars)

Instead they still only list the same single part as always for each spot Tesla has used for a good while

LAMP ASY, SIDE REPEATER CAMERA, LH
1495864-20-E Over-the-Counter(No VIN) 1 1
LAMP ASY, SIDE REPEATER CAMERA (RH).
1495865-20-D Over-the-Counter(No VIN) 1 1

I expect new parts would've shown up in the parts catalog (they typically do so well before they appear on actual cars)

Instead they still only list the same single part as always for each spot Tesla has used for a good while

LAMP ASY, SIDE REPEATER CAMERA, LH
1495864-20-E Over-the-Counter(No VIN) 1 1
LAMP ASY, SIDE REPEATER CAMERA (RH).
1495865-20-D Over-the-Counter(No VIN) 1 1
Tesla has a public parts catalog? I never knew that. Where can I find it?

Ok, so to get back to where we were a month ago (before record P&D numbers were released), we now need to climb 50%. We basically need to double to get back to the ATH....

Awesome
In the darkest times of the market, this is where fortunes are made. I hope you do not get margin called but we all know the market stays irrational longer than you know what. I really wish i had more $$$ to buy more $TSLA, this may not be the low but JFC, it smells a lot like the Covid drop 2 years ago.

Hahah, not even close. I think your emotions may be affecting your memory. TSLA's 2-yr low is $126.37 on Oct 30, 2020.

Advice? Try to get out and enjoy the weekend. This too shall pass. (and get off margin as soon as you can, you'll feel better able to ride out these periods of disconnect from fundamentals).

Remember: Shortzes want your shares.

Cheers to the Longs!
Well, close to two years. Dec 7th 2020 TSLA closed at 213.92

• Informative
Reactions: JustMe
In the darkest times of the market, this is where fortunes are made. I hope you do not get margin called but we all know the market stays irrational longer than you know what. I really wish i had more $$$ to buy more $TSLA, this may not be the low but JFC, it smells a lot like the Covid drop 2 years ago.
Unfortunately, I am getting margin calls. Not for shares bought on margin, but because of Bull options I wrote in January. I used $12Million out of $22Million Margin available. Didn't think we would drop 50% and be at a lower SP than when TSLA was added to the S&P (before Shanghai, Berlin, Austin, 2Million/year run rate, record profits, etc, etc). My fault, but I didn't think the crooks on WS could get the SP this low.....

Last edited:
Unfortunately, I am getting margin calls. Not for shares bought on margin, but because of Bull options I wrote in January. I used $12Million out of $22Million available. Didn't think we would drop 50% and be at a lower SP than when TSLA was added to the S&P (before Shanghai, Berlin, Austin, 2Million/year run rate, record profits, etc, etc). My fault, but I didn't think the crooks on WS could get the SP this low.....
So sorry to hear that. Do you have to pay out the $12M all at once?

I don’t think I’ll ever get over seeing a Forward P/E of 35 be associated with TSLA before 2026 and yet, here we are. In just 5 days, that will be a Forward P/E in the 20’s
I heard this on Rob's Tesla Daily YouTube latest episode and now from Alexandra here, that Treasury Shares "are not used for calculating EPS" which would lower EPS even more...

AND these shares can be re-issued at a later date...not sure how that happens though....I'd assume re-issued at market rates?

Unfortunately, I am getting margin calls. Not for shares bought on margin, but because of Bull options I wrote in January. I used $12Million out of $22Million available. Didn't think we would drop 50% and be at a lower SP than when TSLA was added to the S&P (before Shanghai, Berlin, Austin, 2Million/year run rate, record profits, etc, etc). My fault, but I didn't think the crooks on WS could get the SP this low.....
Hang in there @BornToFly!

So sorry to hear that. Do you have to pay out the $12M all at once?
I haven't had to pay it yet. It is going against my shares (which are now worth a lot less = less Margin). If the SP recovers to 340ish by Jan 2024, and we don't drop much lower, I will be fine.

Last edited:
I want it to smell like COVID drop as far as TSLA is concerned, but they are not about to cut interest rates to zero and pour seven trillion into the economy. Quite the opposite. I just want the TWTR overhang to go away and earnings to arrive.

Would be a nice present this weekend for EM to clarify all things TWTR. Then Monday would be a blast. This is what is known as wishful thinking.

I heard this on Rob's Tesla Daily YouTube latest episode and now from Alexandra here, that Treasury Shares "are not used for calculating EPS" which would lower EPS even more...

AND these shares can be re-issued at a later date...not sure how that happens though....I'd assume re-issued at market rates?
You meant to say it would increase EPS (fewer shares in the calculations of EPS) and lower P/E quicker correct?

It is a Friday afternoon of a tough week watching TSLA...
Now I will start my weekend and appreciate the beautiful Fall colors.
Hope you all have a great weekend...
96AF859F-EC38-4CF4-B808-CB63839A888A.jpeg

I want it to smell like COVID drop as far as TSLA is concerned, but they are not about to cut interest rates to zero and pour seven trillion into the economy. Quite the opposite. I just want the TWTR overhang to go away and earnings to arrive.

Would be a nice present this weekend for EM to clarify all things TWTR. Then Monday would be a blast. This is what is known as wishful thinking.
Completely agree.

Unfortunately, Elon has had plenty of opportunity to quell rumors and has yet to do so. I don't know if it's due to him being extra careful during the 'quiet period' before earnings announcement, or possibly because he does have to sell more shares when the trading window opens. Either way, I agree it is wishful thinking to hope/expect for clarification over the weekend.

I've lost my short term optimism and now don't expect any sustained stock price relief until at least the next CPI report next month, when folks seem to think the year over year comps will be more favorable. Even if earnings surprise to the upside, I expect any short term pop will be pulled back down by macros. This is going to be a grind for a while longer me thinks.