Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Weekend OT - sadly will have to decline delivery of my MY in the next few days - my great tip top shape CLK350 may have to vroom along for another year. Won't likely be able to sell less liquid assets (really great painting being easiest, but still iffy slow these days)

This got me confused.

What kind LTV is your bank asking for?

Or is the interest not below what Tesla is going to appreciate at during the lifetime of the loan? I never heard of a 300% interest car loan before...

I believe the point @mars_or_bust was making is that if it takes Tesla this long to achieve FSD, it will take the competition even much longer.
As an extreme example,
If it took Tesla only 3 months to complete FSD, then I can imagine the competition would be 9 months to two years behind.
If it took Tesla 7 years to complete FSD, then I can imagine the competition would be 5-7 years behind.
Plus, isn't non-Tesla years like dog years? So, 5-7 years for Tesla is like 35 - 49 years elsewhere? 😉

Dramatic Tesla crash caught on video in China, 2 dead, driver claims brake failure, Tesla said brakes were never pressed. Expect FUD tomorrow. Jason explains why it's probably not a vehicle fault:

Actually, I’ve already seen reports that the driver changed their statement to they hit the wrong pedal by mistake”

Claimed family member statement:

Also on video, when the vehicle hit the 3 wheel motorcycle, the airbag was deployed,
But the vehicle still kept moving, which is against national standard and Tesla own standard.

Another instance in surveilance, the high brake light was on multiple time with nothing in front.
This mean is the driver is pressing the brake with no effect

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Well, most of the time was spent trying different techniques, pivoting from one way of doing things to another, and hitting a lot of barriers. I think once it's solved, it may not take very long for the competition to get to FSD because the path is laid out. James Douma believes once it's solved, it'll eventually become someone's highschool science fair project. Tesla just needs to make sure to capitalized on all of their hard work by licensing/selling the path to the industry.

I do think this is one of the reason to have Dojo plus a gigantic infrastructure set up as they are ready to lift the world into a FSD world for a fee of course. The rest of the industry doesn't even know where to start because they don't have a multi million dollar server farm running proprietary compilers. They have to rely on other companies which haven't solved FSD or Tesla.
I think there is a BIG missing piece in your reasoning. The technique is just a part, the bigger part is the dataset!

Reactions: JusRelax and MC3OZ
Can anybody name an EV, by any manufacturer, that has a demand problem?
I live in a town with 14K people that somehow has 2 Ford dealerships. Each of them has a Mach E sitting on their lots. They're not going anywhere. We live in Truck Country and I don't expect them to sell soon. In fact, I don't even expect them to be sold locally but rather transported to another dealership who has a sale, but no inventory. Question is, why would they put them in dealerships where they're unlikely to sell (especially two, just a few blocks away from one another) unless they've got Mach Es sitting around unsold?

Elon speaking live w/ Indonesia

BREAKING NEWS - Kedatangan Delegasi G20 dan Puncak B20 Summit Indonesia 2022 di Bali Hari Kedua

Arrival of the G20 Delegation and the Second Day of the B20 Summit Indonesia in Bali

[Edit] Saving you all the non Elon stuff, go to the 25:04 mark - Also note, this is happening while the politicians arrive in Bali for more talks - in Indonesia apparently Elon is called "Musk Elon" - Biden and Xi centre stage as G20 gathers in Indonesia What a contrast.

EMSK.indonesia.jpg

Last edited:
Claimed family member statement:

That video is long enough to determine the stupidity of the person. There's a difference between "my brakes are not working" trying to slow down from high speeds, and us witnessing through multiple cameras that person was accelerating like crazy. The driver pulled over and almost came to a complete stop before accelerating to infinity.

It almost looks like a vanilla sky moment, driver pulled over to read a text and then went into suicidal mode with his car.

That video is long enough to determine the stupidity of the person. There's a difference between "my brakes are not working" trying to slow down from high speeds, and us witnessing through multiple cameras that person was accelerating like crazy. The driver pulled over and almost came to a complete stop before accelerating to infinity.

It almost looks like a vanilla sky moment, driver pulled over to read a text and then went into suicidal mode with his car.
They were probably looking at their FTX holdings

Isn’t the leaf still air cooled?
The original Leaf was NOT air cooled in 2011. It was sealed cells inside sealed modules inside a sealed pack inside the shell of the car (floor of the cabin and the aero shell below). It radiated heat slowly taking more than 24 hours to come down to room temp if in a truly hot climate.

Not a single EV other than the Leaf went with a pack that is designed to avoid airflow and has no phase change or liquid coolant of any kind.

To tell you how bad it was, I can charge at 120v (1kW) at 80F-100F, the pack is above ambient temp when I unplug and when I drive home the internal pack temperature rises as I drive at highway speeds. Doesn't matter how fast you drive. No airflow makes it to the pack to actually cool it.

They kept that brain dead tactic with the 24 kWh, 30 kWh, and 40 kWh packs. It wasn't until the very recent (2019 or newer) 60+ kWh leafs they did anything about cooling different from the orignal sealed pack.

Literally the opposite tactic of Tesla where the pack is heated and cooled as much as needed for optimal performance. From 2012 Model S to every car Tesla has made since there has always been a strong method of managing heat (despite not pleasing some track enthusiasts, they at least had functional designs that protected the pack).

Last edited:
Elon speaking live w/ Indonesia

BREAKING NEWS - Kedatangan Delegasi G20 dan Puncak B20 Summit Indonesia 2022 di Bali Hari Kedua

Arrival of the G20 Delegation and the Second Day of the B20 Summit Indonesia in Bali

[Edit] Saving you all the non Elon stuff, go to the 25:04 mark - Also note, this is happening while the politicians arrive in Bali for more talks - in Indonesia apparently Elon is called "Musk Elon" - Biden and Xi centre stage as G20 gathers in Indonesia What a contrast.

View attachment 874355
Timestamp for the Elon segment: