Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I feel that Elon gave the democrats a fantastic gift here. You would think Twitter is more left than right ever since the Trump ban, however this vote proves that Trump is still popular. The democrats should study this data and not sit on their laurels come election time. Seems like they are always blind sided by the competition.

Actually most democrats simply refused to legitimize the poll by voting.

When 90% of the replies on a page are to people that are already on my ignore list, we must be really close to the bottom if not there already. Right?

That’s how it works no, the more they rage the stronger the signal we are going to pump, right? 🤣
I think that just means you rage ignored while drunk one night.

Actually most democrats simply refused to legitimize the poll by voting.

The phrase you are looking for is “own goal” or “self own” when you screw yourself by your own actions.

Personally, I think it’s quite clear that the Democrats vastly underestimate the middle. Lots of voters don’t identify with either party strongly.

Elon just really really wants the cybertruck to succeed. Probably made it out of Legos once and all decisions since have lead to its reification. Even the landing rockets thing was just clever marketing. Master plan part 0 (never released) was: CYBERTRUCK OR BUST.
Do you have any idea how much it would cost to build a CT out of legos? 💸

Oh okay. Good strategy..totally de-legitimized the poll by not voting. Your reward is having Trump back from a de-legitimized poll vs a legitimized poll. 4D chess going on here...lol

What kind of big company ceo makes that kind of decision with a Twitter poll ?
Democrats “ll live with Trump back on Twitter. It’s not the end of the world. Twitter’s finances on the other hand may never recover.
If Trump truly does come back, Twitter is finished as a viable business. Even if he does not come back, it will probably still pay a steep price.
And for what ? The five minute thrill of owning the libs

What kind of big company ceo makes that kind of decision with a Twitter poll ?
Democrats “ll live with Trump back on Twitter. It’s not the end of the world. Twitter’s finances on the other hand may never recover.
If Trump truly does come back, Twitter is finished as a viable business. Even if he does not come back, it will probably still pay a steep price.
And for what ? The five minute thrill of owning the libs
I have no idea what you are saying. If anything Trump DRIVES traffic, lots of it back to twitter. Can you name me a list of major companies who publically stated they will never advertise on a platform Trump is on? Trump is on FB and instagram, how are those businesses getting ad revenue?

I have no idea what you are saying. If anything Trump DRIVES traffic, lots of it back to twitter. Can you name me a list of major companies who publically stated they will never advertise on a platform Trump is on? Trump is on FB and instagram, how are those businesses getting ad revenue?

Traffic does not pay the bills at Twitter. Advertisers do. Advertisers do not like negativity. If they are being bombarded with demands to not advertise on Twitter, they will simply quietly stop. Many have already done so. It’s not rocket science.

The truth is that Elon could have brought Trump back in a more respectful and diplomatic way but he is too much of a child for that.

If he had released a statement like this:

“After careful considerations and in consultation with our employees, I have decided to reinstate former president Trump. While I understand the action to ban him from Twitter, I think the interest of free speech is best served by giving access to all voices even when we find them disagreeable. I know this action will disappoint a lot people but I will like to reassure that we remain committed to a safe and inclusive Twitter”

There would still be a firestorm but the left would not feel like this was simply being done to rub their faces in it.
But musk is too immature for that. Impromptu Twitter poll to trivialize the issue and enrage them more. Gotta own those libs!

Last edited:
Traffic does not pay the bills at Twitter. Advertisers do. Advertisers do not like negativity. If they are being bombarded with demands to not advertise on Twitter, they will simply quietly stop. Many have already done so. It’s not rocket science.
You realize that Trump is pretty much on every major social media network except twitter right? And they are generating revenue just fine...

You realize that Trump is pretty much on every major social media network except twitter right? And they are generating revenue just fine...

That is not as relevant as you think. Twitter’s format lends itself to Trump’s abrasive personality. It’s where he doles out insults. I don’t even think he personally was in Facebook or instagram. That was probably a staffer

The phrase you are looking for is “own goal” or “self own” when you screw yourself by your own actions.

Personally, I think it’s quite clear that the Democrats vastly underestimate the middle. Lots of voters don’t identify with either party strongly.
I and many I know who never voted for trump in an election, did vote to allow Trump back on Twitter.

That attitude is what has landed us where we are. A bunch of isolated echo chambers.

So I just want to remind everyone what TWTR looked like before Elon.
AB989EEC-F937-477A-BAF8-DE1ABB46D673.png

The stock went nowhere for 8 years. As a TSLA shareholder I dont like this acquisition one bit but before criticizing Elon for the way hes running it, think long and hard about the previous reality of TWTR you are so accustomed to and ponder the possibility that maybe it didnt work as well as you think it did. Maybe Elon knows better than the imbeciles who ran it into the ground.

No point to argue, Elon embraced dark side.

Anyone who drives a Tesla is supporting dark side too. Tesla brand down the drain.

No one would buy Tesla cars anymore, current owners would be ashamed to drive it and would trade it for an ICE in a heartbeat. Millions of Teslas would be torched when no one wants to buy them.

Demand for Tesla evaporated overnight, TSLA can go nowhere but down, get out while you still can.

Not advice!

/s

I and many I know who never voted for trump in an election, did vote to allow Trump back on Twitter.

That attitude is what has landed us where we are. A bunch of isolated echo chambers.
Same here.

I absolutely despise Trump but think he should be allowed back on. He needs to lose on a level playing field.

IMHO, the decision is actually NOT what Trump wanted. It actually messed up his Truth Social business relation. He would rather sue Twitter for not being allowed on for the money.

Same here.

I absolutely despise Trump but think he should be allowed back on. He needs to lose on a level playing field.

IMHO, the decision is actually NOT what Trump wanted. It actually messed up his Truth Social business relation. He would rather sue Twitter for not being allowed on for the money.
Yup, refusing to give the opposition a level playing field is what breeds radicalization.