Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In a pique of moron-ism, I looked in this thread on a fine evening of a well-deserved holiday.

I am ready to ban every last one of you posters who are full-frontally violating the MANY-TIMES repeated directives as to where to post Twitter comments, with or without your own unasked-for and unwanted political rantings.

In a pique of moron-ism, I looked in this thread on a fine evening of a well-deserved holiday.

I am ready to ban every last one of you posters who are full-frontally violating the MANY-TIMES repeated directives as to where to post Twitter comments, with or without your own unasked-for and unwanted political rantings.
I skipped to the latest post hoping to know if the last 5 pages were worth reading.

Thank you for answering that question.

I do wish the window to delete comments stayed open a little longer. Sometimes I get caught up but when others remind me I am perfectly willing to self-police.

【Nov.18.2022】Update CATL Shanghai | WuWa on Youtube

An 80GWh/yr supply of LFP bat's is imminent. Will Tesla break ground on the Model 2 Factory this year?

Cheers to the Longs!

I would love to see a model 2. Of course we figure the CT, Semi and Roadster are batting ahead of it, but there's clearly a market opening for a sub-3 if Tesla could build one.

Something I've been wondering for a while now: With $20B in cash, what's the holdup for announcing and building the next gigafactory?
Sure, Berlin and Texas are still ramping. It seems like that's going fine. So shouldn't this capital be used for something useful? Why not move as fast as possible?
They also need the engineering talent.

I think a new factory might be announced before the end of the year.

Goodness... we're seeing names of people posting here in the main thread that we've either never seen before, or haven't seen in a really long time. And they're all discussing the same topic that we've been reminded of 1-2 times per week for at least the past month that it is a forbidden topic. I think it's time that anyone that mentions the unmentionable just get a temporary ban.

EDIT: Thanks to the mods who have had to deal with policing this thread... it's seriously been an impossible job recently!

I do wish the window to delete comments stayed open a little longer. Sometimes I get caught up but when others remind me I am perfectly willing to self-police.
Cough-up for a red supporting membership and you have 12 hours to edit a post, I suspect the same for delete, but not 100% sure as I never tried it

Might be a bit of a shock to some folks here, but most of the World doesn't care if Trump is on Twitter, if Elon fires all Twitter employees, they just want the best car, it's models, pricing and features that will determine whether people buy Teslas or not

Something I've been wondering for a while now: With $20B in cash, what's the holdup for announcing and building the next gigafactory?
Sure, Berlin and Texas are still ramping. It seems like that's going fine. So shouldn't this capital be used for something useful? Why not move as fast as possible?
Last we heard, Tesla hinted that they’ll announce the next factory around the end of the year.

I am concerned about the mission. I don't care about another platform that spews misinformation. There will always be a way to do that. If this makes a large group of people buy Cybertruck I would be happy. I don't think that will happen. Maybe it would help if Elon installed a large engine noise speaker that could be heard for miles.
Nations reached a landmark deal to compensate developing nations for climate harm. But some leaders said the summit didn’t go far enough in addressing the root causes of global warming.

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC

I guess it could be a variety of things:

1) Projected Texas & Berlin output is HIGH. There may be a recession coming, and a bad one, in which case...sure its great that Tesla can still sell 100% output from Texas & Berlin, but more than that might start to look less certain.
2) Geopolitical risk. Maybe the economics suggest an obvious choice is another China factory, but that might prove disastrous if Taiwan invasion happens and a trade war looms. Europe is still in a mess regarding Russia/Ukraine, energy prices are super high there. Lots of uncertainty right now!
3) Planning & Logistics. Anyone who has built ANYTHING commercial will tell you that the logistics & legal/planning process for getting something as massive as an EV factory built is a stupendously slow process. Maybe they were close to signing a deal, but terms changed, or permission looked slow/unlikely. We don't know what sites have been considered and then rejected, we don't know what offers from governments are on the table.

I think there is also a chance that casting machines and DBE process have surprised even tesla. The factory footprint required to make EVs shrinks dramatically with those 2 innovations. Its possible Tesla's own internal output projections for Texas/Berlin are way higher than we are aware. The need for new factory floorspace might be far less pressing than we think.

I reckon we get the full $10billion stock buyback in 2023, AND we get a ramp up of semi and Cybertruck at the same time. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the 'installed capacity' figures for the 2 latest factories nudged higher next year.

people here aren’t really concerned about this investment or else they would have pointed out frank put out a new blog post
first in a long time
long form
meaningdful

Excellent!

Thank you!